Pre-Game Manly v Tigers [Round 9, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

36 22
4 Pines Park
07 May 2022 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

davohan123

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just a rumour tweet that i read ,20,000 tickets or very close to that mark has been sold already for Saturdays game.

don’t quote me on those numbers but looks like a very big crowd is going to be there on Saturday.

Last edited:

47MVEagle

Bencher
maybe it'll derail Storm or Panthers in week 1 of the finals, so one of them lose and set a collision course for the two of them to meet in the Prelim instead of the GF.
I'd love that to happen but I reckon they might create a bubble for the finals series, especially if a few teams are crippled by COVID during the season proper.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
This is a very important game. First we need the 2 points and second its a big game for Ben T who needs to read well in defence and then hit and stick. This could be his watershed game and I'm really hoping so. Go Burbo! I'm looking forward to Ben running off the Shoe.
His defensive performance last week was underwhelming, albeit, filling in unexpectedly for an injury. Let’s hope.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
His defensive performance last week was underwhelming, albeit, filling in unexpectedly for an injury. Let’s hope.
He'll be marking Garner I assume, so hardly a big defensive ask. He had a couple of bad misses last week which would have been highlighted to him - he'd know he has to improve let's see if he takes it on board

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
He'll be marking Garner I assume, so hardly a big defensive ask. He had a couple of bad misses last week which would have been highlighted to him - he'd know he has to improve let's see if he takes it on board
I’m happy to see the pressure is eased off a little by the opposing selection. I hope he will grab the opportunity and become even more indispensable than his labouring forward brother.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thing I'm most looking forward to in this game - Foran continuing to establish himself as the team's defacto spiritual leader. Not a criticism of DCE because I think he's been standing up too, but Foran's style is inherently inspiring and after last year feeling his way back at Manly I thought even though we lost last week it was just about his best game.
If he's physically able to continue at that level he'll drag the rest of our guys along for the ride.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Brooky Oval capacity they say is 23,000. Be amazing to get that.
We should go past 16k you would think, have they set the capacity at 16k ?. To be calling sold out so early doesn't make sense unless it's gone way past the 16k.

Eagle 1

First Grader
619ca64206fca7bbb327902da578b031--season-colors-vintage-tv.jpg
Who plays the skipper....DES !!

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He’s been riding the pine nearly all games. He’ll be better for the run. Once he gets match fitness and game awareness in sync his confidence will grow. Especially with both your brothers in the team.
And as you alluded to, Garner shouldn’t be a massive defensive threat.
‘But next week if he holds his spot it’ll be Staggs or Herbie (is it me, or has Herbie gone up a level I didn’t think he had?).

Pete W

Bencher
He’s been riding the pine nearly all games. He’ll be better for the run. Once he gets match fitness and game awareness in sync his confidence will grow. Especially with both your brothers in the team.
‘But next week if he holds his spot it’ll be Staggs or Herbie (is it me, or has Herbie gone up a level I didn’t think he had?).
I think we'll find Farnworth will develop into a better player overall than Staggs one day. Kotoni is awesome power but I think we've already seen his best, now he must keep the rage year in year out. Herbie on the other hand I think has actually better footwork, and just get the feeling we haven't even close seen the best of him. Kid is something special, I could see it a couple of years ago

I just checked that guarantee, the fine print says "void if a player sent off in the first 10 minutes"
yes - totally agree my comment about us giving the Rabbits a touch up last week was voided by the send off. I am sure I actually mentioned that in a post yonks ago... anything that I say will happen or any comment I make will be totally correct - anything on or off the field.... unless there is a send off in any game at any time then my comments might be wrong

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Staggs plays right and Fairnworth left, so assuming that Koula is hanging onto our right centre spot then Burbo will be making Staggs. I agree on Fainworth, has been good this year. Looks a threat when he gets the ball, probably been playing more consistently than Staggs that's for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17