Post-Game Discussion Manly v Tigers [Round 27, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Tigers
54 4 Pines Park
01 Sep 2023 18:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

There were some miserable nights at Brookie this year (again) but tonight was great fun. Crowd was great and the boys were switched on which was great to see for Jake (and me @:D ). Tiges were very ordinary with their makeshift team but the boys didn't let that take their focus from playing entertaining footy. I would just add that I thought Feledy had some good moments in his debut. I think he'll be good for them with more experience and size.

There were a lot of good players tonight but just watching Koula and Saab in space made for a great night. A lot of us on here were saying we just needed to see Koula with more room to show us what he's got and I think we can see that's pretty clear now. But I'm still torn about swapping him with Tom. But that's another conversation for a future thread, I reckon.

Thank goodness we finished the season off and we (the supporters) stuck by them and kept turning up to watch. Hopefully they'll all get through their injuries, have a solid off season and be ready for a Top 8 run next year. See you in Vegas boys!!

Last edited:
What a shame the NRL report only came up with 18 Manly players hitting the 200 FG game mark.

It’s good to know the game is in the hands of such a wonderful team of professionals, who always do their research…

Geeez it was nice to send feledy out with a flogging!
He got exposed multiple times out there 🔥
Chasing the $$
I remember all the hoo haa on here when we lost him.. hmmm average at best.. really just shows we have all been getting really too excited about so called Junior superstars that may not end up being anything but very average first graders or more possibly just nsw cup players..
Both Harper and Parker look streets ahead and they are very average

Great win to end the season and awesome atmosphere at Brookie tonight.

So special when DCE gifted Jake's try - a fitting way to celebrate his milestone game. I thought he might've taken the conversion, being right in front, which would've been the cherry on top.

Happy for Jake (and Bully) he's off the nudie run (unlike Harper, Keppie, Woods).

The Tigers were so poor...it looked like DCE was just toying with him there.

We could've scored a few more tries if we'd have been a bit less cocky but nonetheless we scored some beauties tonight. It's a shame another season has ended but at least the ending was a whole lot better than last year.

Can Jake kick? I thought Chez should have let Jake kick the conversion for Geordie’s try as it was right in front, would have been the Cherry on top for his 200th. Then again if he fluffed it from right in front……, he’d have looked like Hindy in the Macca’s ad, so maybe not.

Sorry guys, normally on the last game of the season at home , they do a farewell to players who are leaving. Did anyone witness this?
No unfortunately...was expecting it but not a word, which is a shame that whoever's leaving didn't get a farewell with the Brookie crowd.

As far as we know Bully STILL hasn't been re-signed (unbelievable) and there's Parker, Woods, Harper, Vaega, Boyle, Johns, Weekes and possibly Matterson who are unsigned beyond this year. There's been speculation about some, but the silence is deafening.

Refs were kind,both sides defence was crap,we bombed tries,blah,blah,blah...
We won by a huge amount, wasn't long ago we couldn't win without Tom.
Now we are **** because we can't make the 8 and all without Tom.
Seibs is doing better than Des,at least we are finishing on a positive and for me I am looking forward to next year. Xxxxxx
Off season will be awesome.

i don't normally place bets on the footy,(or anything else for that!) but today i thought id try a multi on the game,
manly win (easy)
then each of the following to score a try:
koula (sure thing)
saab (dead cert)
guac (high probability)
jake ( for the $6 odds)
&
g.c.t.k. ( for an extra boost!)
$5 made me $615!!!!
fortunately we have some blokes who care about their team mates more than their own stats, thanks d.c.e. & saab!

quick edit, the wife figured out what was going on by the way i was cheering for certain players & now the money has vanished from my virtual pocket!
wow that sounds so easy ,hard to gamble responsibly when you sell the dream like that ,where do I start !!

I managed to get there when Manly just scored to make it 12-6 - bloody glad I made the effort - that was awesome despite having to listen to Vossy
Mate I drove down there at 5:45pm and the entire area was a traffic jam. I normally come way earlier but I had earlier commitments. I drove around for 20 mins looking for parking before I gave up and went home!! So bummed I missed it. The only game I’ve missed in years. Based on the numbers driving around looking for parking I reckon you could add another 1000 to that crowd like me who missed out.

I wish people would take into context who we have played in the past two weeks. Both the Bulldogs and Wests Tigers have defences that would struggle in NSW Cup.

I get the hype about Tolu Koula the fullback. We have finally seen the attacking weapon that his pace says he should be. HOWEVER, outright pace is one thing and there is more to playing fullback than that and I still feel that a fit Tom Trbojevic is far and away our best option for fullback.

Would Penrith or Brisbane or Melbourne have given Koula the room to run like the Dogs and Tigers did??

So for mine I would still be playing a fit Tom Trbojevic at fullback. But I think Koula has shown enough to be the first choice backup should Turbo go down injured again or he's picked for Origin. But I would have Koula (and Reuben Garrick) as the Manly centres in 2024.

I remember all the hoo haa on here when we lost him.. hmmm average at best.. really just shows we have all been getting really too excited about so called Junior superstars that may not end up being anything but very average first graders or more possibly just nsw cup players..
Both Harper and Parker look streets ahead and they are very average
Yeah, his defence was suspect a few times but I thought he showed some good signs running the ball. He's only a kid and I think he'll do ok.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8