Post-Game Discussion Manly v Tigers [Round 19, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Wests Tigers
44 Suncorp Stadium
24 Jul 2021 17:30
80th minute

Match Stats

Seriously guys, all the whinging about tonight’s game.
Ask yourselves, did it ever feel like we weren’t going to win?
When we flicked the switch it looked like we could score in any set, how many half breaks did Turbo make?
Did what they had to and got some miles into Jake and Josh.
Josh will be gone for a few weeks and keepie also birth of his first child des said this in press conference.

Not much chop at Penrith though. Just four appearances or thereabouts in 1st grade. And that’s when they were yet to make the finals (1979).

So it’s appropriate to call the Tigers the ‘Geigers, because they never make the semis either.
lol yes but he was pretty good for Norths up here even though as a Redcliffe Junior I didn't like him.

To be sloppy and complacent and still put 44 points shows that we have the quality in attack to put points against anyone. We have too much strike and creativity so points come for us easy. But if we be error-riddled, and be sloppy in little effort areas we are going to be in for a long ride against top teams. Our edge D on the right side and obvs our middle defence was very soft. We got a lotta things to sharpen up.

As the we saw from the storm narrow win against the cowboys , Sometimes if is hard for the top 8 teams to stay motivated against the teams on the bottom of the ladder .

We will take the points and get ready for next weeks game
If we defend like that against the sharks they're likely to make us pay dearly, give them motivation and it could get ugly

To be sloppy and complacent and still put 44 points shows that we have the quality in attack to put points against anyone. We have too much strike and creativity so points come for us easy. But if we be error-riddled, and be sloppy in little effort areas we are going to be in for a long ride against top teams. Our edge D on the right side and obvs our middle defence was very soft. We got a lotta things to sharpen up.
At first I was a tad disappointed we didn’t put more on them but thinking back pre six agains a 20 point win was massive.

I’m maybe falling into this new NRL trap of thinking we have to put huge scores on the opposition.

I’m struggling to see why Josh has a case to answer, Seyfarth was still fighting to make metres, no held call by the ref and how many times do we see the third man come in and take the legs just like that. You can’t say Josh did anything wrong, he had every right to try and put the ball runner on the ground under the circumstance, it’s not his fault his a big man, grabbing at chicken legs, only gets one and his weight loads the leg, I‘m not seeing any wrong in it, just an accidental incident, unfortunate for Seyfarth.

So thoughts from the sideline. First of all I do a game live so much better and less agro than I do at home. Mainly because you do see so many ref fukups and less alcohol seeing I had to drive back to the Goldy.
DCE was outstanding tonight. Easily m.o.m.
Forwards didn't dominate and seemed sluggish.
Our defence was disappointing. Very brittle , Tigers seemed to make easy yards and in our 20m zone it was tissue paper at times. The top 4 will run riot through that and Des would be pissed at it.
Schuster seemed not right tonight. Like he maybe carrying injury.
Our ball security was poor. Several things that need work. Still was a great night and had seats right above the Manly tunnel.

I’m struggling to see why Josh has a case to answer, Seyfarth was still fighting to make metres, no held call by the ref and how many times do we see the third man come in and take the legs just like that. You can’t say Josh did anything wrong, he had every right to try and put the ball runner on the ground under the circumstance, it’s not his fault his a big man, grabbing at chicken legs, only gets one and his weight loads the leg, I‘m not seeing any wrong in it, just an accidental incident, unfortunate for Seyfarth.
The rule is you can come in but you must hit above the knees. It looked like he hit slightly above the knee and then it dropped which caused the injury. I think it’s fair to say he has a case to answer but shouldn’t have the book thrown at him.
Everything is not black and white. The grey area on this one I think...not the worst cannonball but still sailing a little too close to the wind.

I think it’s dangerous to get too excited about our attack because 44 against the Tigers can easily be 6-10 against a side like the Storm. They wouldn’t have let in most of those tries we scored today. Especially the one Schuster set up and Tom’s try down the blind side. The two most crucial tries today were probably the two that a good side like Melbourne would stop.

we will sharpen it up for sure in the sharks game and ride the momentum into the huge Melbourne game. Lot a little effort areas, ball handling errors and edge defence that needs quite a bit of working on.

Hooray!

Well done to Morgan on his first nrl hat-trick.

A pity the fox commentators completely missed it - at one point referring to his third as his second, despite numerous on screen graphics saying hat-trick.

Felt like one of those 2nd - 3rd gear games. Tom did well and interesting to see his 'not to happy about the standard' after the game.

and hooray!

and

thanks for all the threads and info @Jethro

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8