Pre-Game Manly v Tigers [Round 19, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

44 24
Suncorp Stadium
24 Jul 2021 05:30 PM

Team Lists

Scorpio moves to to wing to let Suli have a start. I hope Des stops doing this crap with him and when we have our best squad available ...
When will that be?
Hasn't happened yet, probably won't happen at any stage!
Reasonable to assume that a few of the selections are about forward planning and trying to maximise the squad's ability to cover for various contingencies at the business end.

With last nights Parramatta result the next 2 weeks becomes even more important for us

Parramatta vs Easts next weekend

Easts win they go level with Parramatta on 28 competition points , us just one win behind on 26 competition points- assuming we win against tigers and Sharks.

Wins by any margin over the next 2 weeks for us will set us up for a serious shot at top 4.

With last nights Parramatta result the next 2 weeks becomes even more important for us

Parramatta vs Easts next weekend

Easts win they go level with Parramatta on 28 competition points , us just one win behind on 26 competition points- assuming we win against tigers and Sharks.

Wins by any margin over the next 2 weeks for us will set us up for a serious shot at top 4.
Parramatta have a very ( VERY) hard run home , I expect them to falter.

Roosters aren’t what they used to be, pretty hit and miss , so vulnerable you’d have to say.

We just need to keep winning and 4th will take care of itself.

Round 21 will be the benchmark.

Round 22 could be the game that decides it.

What’s funny about Canberra is they seem to be a better side with sone of their front liners out. That halves pairing might be the best they have. I’d explore wighton back to fb when fit.
You are right. I think it has helped them because they had to revert to the grind that they were previously so good at.

Re Frawley, he is average but you know that he is going to give you everything he has got.

Also, a bit of a Harry Hindsight comment from me, but Croker is the same (I have been relatively Croker neutral prior to this year, but a fan now). You just know he is going to etch out every ounce of ability he has to try and make it. I like guys like him in a squad, because they show the younger, more talented guys what dedication and desire looks like.

Just heard Des has cut Cust and De Luis from reserves. So its Suli over Cust and Jetski over De Luis as 18th and 19th. I thought they'd be the other way around...sorry I don't get it. Guess at least we're only playing the Tigers...

Just heard Des has cut Cust and De Luis from reserves. So its Suli over Cust and Jetski over De Luis as 18th and 19th. I thought they'd be the other way around...sorry I don't get it. Guess at least we're only playing the Tigers...
JetSki as 20 is a a weird one as I don’t believe he has the standing to oust anyone coming back from injury.

So thought I'd take the family. Fuk me dead they're kidding up there. $200 for family ticket 2Adult and 2kids or $150 down near the tryline. Add food and I'm sorry but the NRL and Suncorp Stadium can go and get fuked. Plus no trains from Gold Coast to the city due to weekend track work.

That's not too badly priced considering you're getting two NRL games at the best stadium to watch footy at.

It's that time of year where the lesser teams say **** it we have nothing left to lose. Tigers will be well and truly up for this and we need to be at our best so we can put them in their rightful place, outside the 8. Storm and Roosters had to do it the hard way and Parra got their pants pulled down. Hope we are ready for a desperate Tigers because they will leave everything on the field this week.

It's that time of year where the lesser teams say **** it we have nothing left to lose. Tigers will be well and truly up for this and we need to be at our best so we can put them in their rightful place, outside the 8. Storm and Roosters had to do it the hard way and Parra got their pants pulled down. Hope we are ready for a desperate Tigers because they will leave everything on the field this week.
They’ll leave nothing as well ( in their tanks ) they would love nothing more than to upset a favourite!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8