Pre-Game Manly V Storm [Round 12, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

26 20
4 Pines Park
24 May 2024 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

manly al

First Grader
Going to take a big effort from the get go to disrupt the Storm's usual steady rhythm and try to find any advantage on offer from that .
Took too long to manage it against the Broncs but ideally that better grounded 2 nd half effort will prove a benefit against the Storm 's well drilled pattern .
D C E and Brooks were a little better last Friday and will have to offer a bit more to get the side into a game winning competitive level '
Only have to look at some of the projected win - loss requirements to secure or be within range of a final "s berth . Another loss maybe will result in winning something like 10 out of 13 remaining games .
Quite a tall order .
Have beaten title standard sides in Roosters and Panthers , obviously got close to the Broncs even allowing for a couple of outs for them .
Would represent a real boost to get the better of another premiership contender and also for the points table naturally .
Surely should be motivated enough for this one and the important 2 points on offer .

Eagle 1

First Grader
Going to take a big effort from the get go to disrupt the Storm's usual steady rhythm and try to find any advantage on offer from that .
Took too long to manage it against the Broncs but ideally that better grounded 2 nd half effort will prove a benefit against the Storm 's well drilled pattern .
D C E and Brooks were a little better last Friday and will have to offer a bit more to get the side into a game winning competitive level '
Only have to look at some of the projected win - loss requirements to secure or be within range of a final "s berth . Another loss maybe will result in winning something like 10 out of 13 remaining games .
Quite a tall order .
Have beaten title standard sides in Roosters and Panthers , obviously got close to the Broncs even allowing for a couple of outs for them .
Would represent a real boost to get the better of another premiership contender and also for the points table naturally .
Surely should be motivated enough for this one and the important 2 points on offer .
We usually rise to the occasion against the Storm at Brookie, this will be no different. Bit like last season, not much form going into the match and came out firing and won the game convincingly.
Bit worried about our bench, very light on Props, no Lodge or Sipley. Anyway, see how we go.

manly al

First Grader
geez, the bench is looking a bit light on, could be a late change if Sips is fully fit.
Thought Humphries would of got a shot in this one. This would of been my preferred bench.
Humphries
Waddell
Sipley
Brown
Bully ? Been quite effective overall this season and pretty versatile .
Looks like pretty much the season for Lodge [ that i just noticed ] which is disappointing in the context of if he could have revived some of his stronger efforts last season .
Definitely need Sipley then to regain his better form ASAP.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Bully ? Been quite effective overall this season and pretty versatile .
Looks like pretty much the season for Lodge [ that i just noticed ] which is disappointing in the context of if he could have revived some of his stronger efforts last season .
Definitely need Sipley then to regain his better form ASAP.
If Lodge was available, I think Bully would of been the one to go. He may still go if Sipley is a late inclusion.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I'm surprised Sips isn't in the team. Didn't have his best game returning from injury but I thought his form was good before the injury and I would have thought he'd just need a few games to get back into top gear. I agree our bench looks a bit light - especially since they have NAS on their bench.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I'm surprised Sips isn't in the team. Didn't have his best game returning from injury but I thought his form was good before the injury and I would have thought he'd just need a few games to get back into top gear. I agree our bench looks a bit light - especially since they have NAS on their bench.
Hey feathered friend , I like your passionate Manly posts
But I must ask you . What is behind your Chunky tuna name ?

manly al

First Grader
If Lodge was available, I think Bully would of been the one to go. He may still go if Sipley is a late inclusion.
Fair enough but would still definitely have Bully in the game day squad , even if it has to be ahead of Waddell
Also , even though i hope otherwise , Brown could be a bit of an uncertain proposition for the remainder of the season

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Hahaha. Like all pseudonyms Bozo, it's a mystery and will rightfully remain that way my feathered friend. I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. 😉
I respect your Mysterious ways feathered friend @Chunkytuna
The only thing that Kills me is when we lose games and lower our Legendary Clubs High Manly Premiership Winning standards

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Hahaha. Like all pseudonyms Bozo, it's a mystery and will rightfully remain that way my feathered friend. I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. 😉

Well.... it's an option many are happy with.

lolololololololololololol

lol

Eagle 1

First Grader
Fair enough but would still definitely have Bully in the game day squad , even if it has to be ahead of Waddell
Also , even though i hope otherwise , Brown could be a bit of an uncertain proposition for the remainder of the season
I like what Bully offers, but Waddell has a bit more overhaul footy nouse and can sniff out a try when we really need it.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
Jake’s an excitable boy:

IMG_9790.jpeg

Maybe we should christen Jake, ‘Warren’.

Or ‘Wurbo’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16