Manly v Storm on the Sunny Coast

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
With all the Storm's and Easts' injuries it makes our injury excuses seem lame.

Here are the number of games each teams' first choice spine have played out of the 14 completed rounds so far... probably more pertinent:

Roosters
Tedesco: 12 games
Flanagan*: 13 games
Keary: 14 games
Friend: 14 games

Storm
Papenhuyzen: 13 games
Munster: 11 games
Hughes: 12 games
Smith: 12 games

Sea Eagles
Tom: 6 games
Dylan: 7 games
DCE: 14 games
Manase: 0 games

Last edited:
Yeah we are a chance v storm for sure with their outs. Want to see how we go v Souths but if we win and can get turbo back perhaps our fortunes are changing. Win the next 3 and Souths, Cronulla or knights lose them or at least two then for sure our luck is changing. I really hope I’m wrong but I have a bad feeling we will lose the Souths game similar to the final last year through dud ref calls.

Yeah we are a chance v storm for sure with their outs. Want to see how we go v Souths but if we win and can get turbo back perhaps our fortunes are changing. Win the next 3 and Souths, Cronulla or knights lose them or at least two then for sure our luck is changing. I really hope I’m wrong but I have a bad feeling we will lose the Souths game similar to the final last year through dud ref calls.
Refereeing shambles are just a given these days.

NAS has got to sit the game out though right? Plus a couple of assorted mandatory 1 weeks for crushers?

I just read it's a 2 week ban minimum.

"It was a bitter end to what was a bitter match and comes after the NRL instituted a series of changes with the lowest range crusher tackle carrying a two week ban."

I just read it's a 2 week ban minimum.

"It was a bitter end to what was a bitter match and comes after the NRL instituted a series of changes with the lowest range crusher tackle carrying a two week ban."

Can’t believe I’m saying this but the crusher frm Johns was soft, barely warranted a pen. The one from Vete I think wasn’t great. Bellamy was right when he said Parra did one and the storm player got up. You watch frm here on in how many players play for crusher penalty’s by backing into defenders.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but the crusher frm Johns was soft, barely warranted a pen. The one from Vete I think wasn’t great. Bellamy was right when he said Parra did one and the storm player got up. You watch frm here on in how many players play for crusher penalty’s by backing into defenders.

Every time the NRL introduce a new rule, rule change or focus on a particular indiscretion, certain coaches immediately look for ways to exploit it to their advantage.

The NRL need to introduce some form of penalty for cynical play, much like the simulation rule the EPL introduced for players taking dives.

We already hear refs calling out "milking" when tackled players try to milk penalties, what better opportunity to stamp out cynical play is there than this?

They could look at stripping a tackle from the attacking team's count for the first one, 2 or 3 tackles for the second one then a handover for any after that.

That would not only see a drastic drop in milking but would also place the onus of playing the ball quickly on the attacking team.

It's a tricky situation, as the entire modern game is based on controlling the tempo in the ruck...slow the attack down.
The problem is, in defence after contact, there are 2 holders up high....basically containing the ball and stalling momentum and a 3rd player (chopper), who quite dangerously missiles in at the legs.
The defensive perspective, is to try get the attacker on his back (turtle) to slow the momentum and the attackers aim, is to land on knees and elbows to bounce up quickly and play the ball.
This defensive pattern, often leaves the attacker in a very vulnerable position.
In actual fact the attacker will rightfully attempt to push forward, as they have practised since U8's and the defence will fall on the tackled player as they have learned from early footy days to complete the tackle (flop) - creating the "Perfect Storm" ....no pun intended...
This is in actual fact a problem created as a roll off effect of whats effectionately known as the 'Wrestle"...which puts the body in an awkward position leading to things like the Crusher, Chicken wing and the boston strangler in which Proctor reacted recently.
The old days of the copybook tackle does not reward the defender, who must release instantly That's why these 3-4 man "wrestling tactics" which I regard far more dangerous than the Terry Randall shoulder charge, will continue to evolve with 2 certainties - serious injuries and also ridiculous milking penalties every 3rd tackle.

Last edited:
What a joke that is. But who is shocked. Insult to injury the other 2 Storm crusher blokes got off ( albeit 1 was Matt Johns son who we would be stoked to see play anyway and may never see first grade again ) .

Loved also how Proctor gets 4 when the Titans play Manly in 5.

What a joke that is. But who is shocked. Insult to injury the other 2 Storm crusher blokes got off ( albeit 1 was Matt Johns son who we would be stoked to see play anyway and may never see first grade again ) .

Loved also how Proctor gets 4 when the Titans play Manly in 5.

Haha I know right! We never get any luck with that sort of thing. Players always seem to come back against us as I am sure Cam Smith will next week!

Haha I know right! We never get any luck with that sort of thing. Players always seem to come back against us as I am sure Cam Smith will next week!

Jesse Bromwich will be back this week, Cam Smith Probably too, Asofa Solomona somehow avoids suspension. Won't even be shocked if Munster Knee miraculously heals and Brandon Smiths Broken Jaw is just a "sore tooth".

This year is the year that just keeps on giving.

In theory, isn't a 'crusher' similar to a head knock so why isn't it treated in the same way with the player having to leave the field for an assessment? It wouldn't need to be a HIA but an assessment as to weather there was any damage to the neck and spine which is a serious injury.
That would stop all the milking for 'crusher' penalties.

Jesse Bromwich will be back this week, Cam Smith Probably too, Asofa Solomona somehow avoids suspension. Won't even be shocked if Munster Knee miraculously heals and Brandon Smiths Broken Jaw is just a "sore tooth".

This year is the year that just keeps on giving.
Kenny Bromwich done his calf so he's out same as the cheese.. scam hopefully wont be back. If he is we lose

Wouldn’t it be great if a copybook one on one legs/waist tackle was actually the highest rewarded tackle. They could allow the tackler to hold on for an extra 5 or so seconds after the player hits the deck.
Should be the same as a surrender tackle. No reward at the moment. Just usually leads to a six again call.

It's a tricky situation, as the entire modern game is based on controlling the tempo in the ruck...slow the attack down.
The problem is, in defence after contact, there are 2 holders up high....basically containing the ball and stalling momentum and a 3rd player (chopper), who quite dangerously missiles in at the legs.
The defensive perspective, is to try get the attacker on his back (turtle) to slow the momentum and the attackers aim, is to land on knees and elbows to bounce up quickly and play the ball.
This defensive pattern, often leaves the attacker in a very vulnerable position.
In actual fact the attacker will rightfully attempt to push forward, as they have practised since U8's and the defence will fall on the tackled player as they have learned from early footy days to complete the tackle (flop) - creating the "Perfect Storm" ....no pun intended...
This is in actual fact a problem created as a roll off effect of whats effectionately known as the 'Wrestle"...which puts the body in an awkward position leading to things like the Crusher, Chicken wing and the boston strangler in which Proctor reacted recently.
The old days of the copybook tackle does not reward the defender, who must release instantly That's why these 3-4 man "wrestling tactics" which I regard far more dangerous than the Terry Randall shoulder charge, will continue to evolve with 2 certainties - serious injuries and also ridiculous milking penalties every 3rd tackle.

The Boston Strangler @:D

I dread the day Bellamy gets his players to start employing the Cleveland Steamer.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6