Post-Game Discussion Manly V Raiders [Round 9, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Raiders
24 4 Pines Park
03 May 2024 18:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

And wasn't the young kid we let go horrible....not. Weekes. Get tired of saying we let the young kids go too early

That was just painful and just confirms we are a couple of rungs below the very best teams.

But I remain optimistic.

I think the time to consign Lawman to reggies has come.

The dropped balls from Waddell and Lodge cost us big time as well.

I have real concerns over Tom's defence and positional play. He should have wrapped Whitehead up and where was he when Young scored ?

The only good thing about our first half of footy was the scoreline, which proved to be as flattering to us as I thought it was. No grunt, trying for flashy plays in appalling conditions. Then in the second half we score first before gifting the Raiders a way back into the match, and of course we don't have the starch to stop the momentum they've suddenly found.

That was woeful.

Seriously, I wish we'd just taken the two-game suspension for Cherry and let Arthur have a run. Then maybe the team wouldn't have been so complacent and soft. Sure, we won at the judiciary, but we forgot about winning on the field.

Credit to the Raiders for sticking with it and completing their sets. In the end, we got what we deserved.

Turbo was he even out there tonight. Right up there with his Dragons effort. This bunch play extravagantly when tactics dictate otherwise. They did it vs the Dragons and done it again. Seibold demonstrating again his lack of adaptive coaching for conditions and opposition
sharks Did us no favours last week raiders were always going to be up for this one

last year after 8 rounds Manly were 11 points, got a home game against Titans and lost. They went on to miss the 8.

this year after 8 rounds, Manly were 11 points, got a home game against the Raiders and lost...

I feel sick. This has been as bad as the Dragons game. Absolutely disgusted in Turbo and DCE tonight. Not good enough from players of their experience and talent. I called it in the first half when we were up 20-0… I said DCE needed to step up and show some composure and manage the game. Sure enough, failed AGAIN.
DCE imploded tonight, the pass to Waddell was hard and high. DCE game tonight is up there with the Sharks game at Brookie that he butchered. Gee,.. no excuses tonight that was inept footy by us tonight.

That's why folks on here been wanting to see composure from our captain.

He sets the bar for the team.

Credit to Seibolds. At half time. Score 20 to 6 he's challenged the players who were trying to score off every play. Said forget points show me defence.

That's a fail by the boys they couldn't follow through.

Mistakes are what you learn from.

After 14 years, do we have an old dog captain willing to learn a new trick.

But if this team cant learn how to manage a game and defend. It just doesn't deserve to play finals.

Well Done Seibs.

This is us tonight
stinky simon rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

Reality check

We haven't put together an 80 minute performance this season and if our opponents keep the pressure up they keep finding their way back into matches they shouldntve been in

A lot to like when we get it right but defense has to be better

We put in a nice 29 minute performance tonight. Ricky will be buying lotto tickets tonight.

So where are the positive nuffies after tonight you can’t be happy with that crap

That was like watching NSW v QLD and with 10 minutes to go and NSW up by 10 you just knew they would lose. Gee agree with comments above DCE what about the game management, 20 points up you can play the other side out of the game, you don’t need to score another 30 points.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10