Pre-Game Manly V Raiders [Round 9, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 26
4 Pines Park
03 May 2024 06:00 PM

Team Lists

Funny Sticky dropped Schiller I actually thought he was Raiders best last weekend.
I watch all the Raiders games as I live in Canberra (they are my 2nd team). Schiller is a liability in defence & has missed a heap of one-on-one tackles that have led to tries. It also certainly does not help his cause that he is off the the Knights next year.

Anyway, we are in luck as Codric has been selected to replace Schiller & he is sooooooo slow. We should be able to burn him off easily.

I watch all the Raiders games as I live in Canberra (they are my 2nd team). Schiller is a liability in defence & has missed a heap of one-on-one tackles that have led to tries. It also certainly does not help his cause that he is off the the Knights next year.

Anyway, we are in luck as Codric has been selected to replace Schiller & he is sooooooo slow. We should be able to burn him off easily.
I can guarantee you , I live in Brizvegas & I definitely do NOT have a second team in the Bronco’s.

If you live up here you’d think they don’t have two other sides within spitting distance , it’s sickening really.

The Bronco Mail ( Courier Mail) is unreadable about 10 pages on the Donkeys and then half a page on the other two.

I NEVER watch Channel 9 up here , it’s infested with Bronco’s this , Bronco’s that. I prefer Channel 7 which always leads with the AFL, and then does little bit on the 3 league sides.

Love it when they lose , nothing better

I can guarantee you , I live in Brizvegas & I definitely do NOT have a second team in the Bronco’s.

If you live up here you’d think they don’t have two other sides within spitting distance , it’s sickening really.

The Bronco Mail ( Courier Mail) is unreadable about 10 pages on the Donkeys and then half a page on the other two.

I NEVER watch Channel 9 up here , it’s infested with Bronco’s this , Bronco’s that. I prefer Channel 7 which always leads with the AFL, and then does little bit on the 3 league sides.

The only thing wrong with this post is I can’t give it two winner trophys!

I'm with you on this Marl, 7 hsve a more evened balance report on Broncs games, mainly because they don't do business with the NRL.

My impression is that cotric always gets tries against manly. I would prefer the other Mr bean-like bloke was selected, Schiller

Thanks for posting @The Wheel
Our Home Grown Superstar Tom Turbo is the Star Attraction that fills home grounds to the rafters
Tom always has a Big game against the raiders and consolidates a big win for Manly

We hope Tom is not too far off the mark
To join our Legendary Benchmark Premiership Winning Fullbacks
View attachment 26902View attachment 26903

Ah Bozo. You stimulated my recollections of past Full Back Greats in the Manly side. They've had what I consider three great full backs Eadie, Stewart and Turbo. Some would include Ridge but I considered him more very safe. Not as dynamic as those three. I'm an Eadie fan and considered he pipped the other two but only just. You might also recall another full back well loved in his time. Not as great as those three, but still a fine custodian. I'm talking of Bob Batty. In a time of top full backs such as Langlands, Churchill, Johns, Barnes, and I even had a soft spot for Eric Simms, he was a worthy name to include. Ah the memories Bozo.

be very interesting how the two ex Manly players Weekes and Hopoate perform in their new roles. Personally I hope they do well, but not enough to contribute to a Manly loss. I suspect Manly will win it now that DCE is confirmed, reasonably comfortably, as long as that damned defense is addressed. Manly's attack is No2 shaded only just by the Bronks but 11th in defense. No way a serious premiership threat until they get that sorted out
Yes.. but is our attack so good because we have played an extra game ie haven’t had the bye…. And is our defense so bad because we have played an extra game?

Yes.. but is our attack so good because we have played an extra game ie haven’t had the bye…. And is our defense so bad because we have played an extra game?
True, but it doesn't change a lot. On a PPG basis we are 4th in attack and 10th in defence. The more concerning stat is we are 2nd worst for missed tackles per game, only the Bunnies are worse.

Valid point. But I do think this side has lots of points in them, unlike the past seven or eight years (2021 the exception). But would suggest if Manly is to be a true contender, they need to tighten their defense. I know its over a season but Penrith won the premiership averaging 27 points in attack per match and only conceding 13 in defense. So far Manly are averaging 26.5 points per match (comparable to Penrith) but are conceding on average 23 points per match. Big difference. Then compare the Manly side last year coming in at 12th. 22.7 points for on average, 22.5 points conceded on average. The defense last year was therefore fractionally better. By the way Manly were coming in at second at the same time last year and were leaking 21 points per match.

ps. My mistake. Manly is third not second in attack. Both the Broncs and the Roosters have scored more but only just.

Should be of some interest how Lodge , Sipley and Brown will be used from the bench and whether Jake will be given a bit more of a rest then usual . Guess will just depend on how the game will play out .
Thought that Parker may have been a bit more advanced at this stage of pushing for a i st grade forward spot but looks like just not happening for whatever reason .
No reservations with Bully regarding edge attack just some subtle adjustments in defence and will need some clear communication as still not ideal with the previous regular edge makeup on that edge side
Assume that Bully has lost none of his genuine speed and could be really hard to run down if given any opportunities in the open and with a bit more space on an edge to bust tackles .
Side should have a clear advantage if they can knuckle down and really hit their straps , weather could be a factor but will apply to both sides

Valid point. But I do think this side has lots of points in them, unlike the past seven or eight years (2021 the exception). But would suggest if Manly is to be a true contender, they need to tighten their defense. I know its over a season but Penrith won the premiership averaging 27 points in attack per match and only conceding 13 in defense. So far Manly are averaging 26.5 points per match (comparable to Penrith) but are conceding on average 23 points per match. Big difference. Then compare the Manly side last year coming in at 12th. 22.7 points for on average, 22.5 points conceded on average. The defense last year was therefore fractionally better. By the way Manly were coming in at second at the same time last year and were leaking 21 points per match.

ps. My mistake. Manly is third not second in attack. Both the Broncs and the Roosters have scored more but only just.
Agree, on us having lots of points in us. Also, we seem to bomb a lot as well, we could of easily have scored another 3 trys against Parra but didn't, watch out when everything sticks and all the chances are taken.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10