Manly V Raiders [Round 8 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pick the score

• Total voters
Caught the result coming back from watching my nephew play footy way down in Yarrawonga...what a great day all round.

Lookin' forward to seeing the highlights and tho it's the first Manly game I've missed seeing this year, still wrapt our attack finally clicked.

It seems Foz will have trouble getting' back in the side...LOL.

Well done boys!

Didn't I read somewhere this week that Brad Fittler wouldn't pick DCE for next weeks Anzac Test against the Kiwis? What was that Freddie, you know that as usual you were wrong? Yeah yeah.....we know.

Just saw the highlights on the NRL website. I can explain the the pass from Gifty that led to an intercept try. He saw a flash of green and for a second thought it was 2015.....very understandable.

A rift between the Stewarts and DCE? Who put Cherry into a gap to send him downfield in the lead up to Killer's first half try? I wonder.......And who was there in support clapping his hands as Killer ran away under the posts?

Damn, the Wolf gets dropped again and Peta scores 4 tries. Its going to be very hard for the Wolf to displace the young Kiwi after that. And If Peta doesn't earn a call up into the Kiwis squad for the test match there is something wrong. Kearney said they wouldn't have picked $BW anyway as they are looking to the future and the 2017 WC. Well Steve.....Peta Hiku (along with the man we call Foz) IS the future for NZ. And With Josh Hoffman possibly out through injury.....don't you need a quality running fullback? The Black and Whites could do a hell of a lot worse than to pick him for his test debut on Friday night.

One of his first touches and Littlejohn kicks a 40/20. Not a bad introduction to first grade.

HoldenV8 said:
Didn't I read somewhere this week that Brad Fittler wouldn't pick DCE for next weeks Anzac Test against the Kiwis? What was that Freddie, you know that as usual you were wrong? Yeah yeah.....we know.

Surely there's some Roosters scum he could pick? The guy would struggle to turn on a lamp, let alone coach / select a team.

Anyone listening to 2GB today would've been reminded by Joel Caine of the S.Cap issue Manly faced a couple of years back,
whether to keep Ballin or Trex.
Phew, right choice there.

Great win!
I had difficulty listening to this match as I was driving back from the coast to my bushland. Couldn't pick it up on the car radio so I had to go off the freeway and get a radio stream on my phone. Once driving again, the phone fell under the seat and was not safe to reach at 100kph. The stream kept dropping out but would relink if randomly and if I went over a bump.
I heard bits of the match. Loved the result. Hope to watch the video stream and thought it was really important that Manly put on a great show today after the sad news of Gift's impending departure.
Thank you my Mighty Sea Eagles. :)

How good was the 3rd try from a full tilt set play off a tap? Most defences expect a hit up from a prop. Totally smoked them!

9 trys and our top try scorer didn't get one. Matai would be spewing that Foz isn't playing he's been having a field day.

susan said:
Hey Wheel--told you so mate!. How good was that!!!!

Best half of footy at Brookie since 1987 v tigers. You were on the money alright!

Looking back at it, it's quite interesting that this week we scored so many down the right hand side, whereas all season we have been scoring down the left.

Interesting that the week foran is off we go down the right hand side more (dce's side)

Either foran is just louder than dce so gets the ball more or ballin prefers passing right to left. Or it could be a rift with the Stewarts, who knows

It is pretty simple Dan DCE and Gift hate each other and don't pass the ball therefore impossible to score a try on the right hand side.......

I'm worried we bombed a few tries, matai made 2 really long breaks down his side that should have led to tries, Brett caught a dce chip that should have led to a try, and littlejohn dropped an offload 1 metre out. Poor play all round, manly only just scraped 50 points together, somehow.

a couple of (trivial) things from the game.

Late on starling tackled milford. As starling got up milford had hold of his foot.

Simultaneously milford let go as starling kicked out. result: starling kicked milford fair in the ribs. To milford's credit...he didn't stay on the ground writhing around in 'agony' but after the briefest of looks up as if to say 'woah, steady on', he just got up and played the ball.

Another play I saw was Lawrence lost control of the ball, it went flying into a raider then back onto the grond. Everyone missed it (even the commentators) and in think in that same set we went onto score.

When things go your way....they sometimes really go your way.

I was just watching the replay and noticed the ground announcer said "It's the 13th minute" which started the clapping for gifty.

So there.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4