Post-Game Discussion Manly v Rabbitohs [Round 1, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Rabbitohs
36 Allegiant Stadium
03 Mar 2024 13:30
80:00 minute

Match Stats

He was great however there were two brain explosion, the other was after Saab’s long break on the second tackle. 🤦‍♂️
Yeah I agree they were kinda brain explosions but that’s the way he plays and everything else he did was first class. He really led the team from the front. I was screaming when he put that grubber kick in but glad we won in the end 😎

Any word on Garrick’s ankle? The fact he still kicked our conversions says it might not be too bad. Still don’t wanna lose our whole right edge. Looked dangerous tonight.

For mine out of today, while the win was good ... the impact from our forwards wasn't so good.

Haumole with 180 and Brown with 110 were the only Manly forwards with over 100 run metres. Next were Paseka (82) and Jake (81).

Post Contact Metres saw 95 for Olakau'atu, 44 for Paseka, 35 for Brown and 28 for Aloiai. Jake again doesn't make a lot of PCM's, only pushing on for 19.

Saab ran for 248. Turbo for 221, Garrick for 214.
I'm sure I'm gunna agree with you tomorrow but right now I'm on too much of a high 🤣🤣

Given that many of these guys did NOT play a game in the pre-season, rust and combinations will be fixed. We have DCE and Brooks playing together for the first time while they were good today, they will get better.

Best thing about today was our ability to pin Souths on their try line. The only opportunities they got were the ones we gifted them with errors, 6 against and penalties. Our kick chase was great and we had them kicking from deep in their half for the majority of the game.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 36
Rabbitohs: 24

431246858_995495312008717_2090902687055099013_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

431266705_995520012006247_5699702238520021220_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

We are the Manly boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of
We showed them how to play,
No matter where we’ll be
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren’t we a wonderful credit
To our locality,
So cheer boys cheer,
We are together,
Every now and then we have a win…..have a win
We will play them all around
At our home or any ground,
If they’ll always play a fair and honest game
So it’s GUZZLE GUZZLE GUZZLE
As we pour it down our muzzle,
And sing out the order loud and clear, 'MORE BEER',
And we will drink all night
Until we are very tired
In the shade of the Manly Leagues Club.

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Player ratings: Turbo, Trell upstaged in Las Vegas blockbuster

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Vegas bloodbath: Manly, Brooks snap five-year Rabbitohs hoodoo

10-minute Vegas madness stuns NRL

Americans totally clueless about Australia

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:
  • No Manly players were placed on report during the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any word on Garrick’s ankle? The fact he still kicked our conversions says it might not be too bad. Still don’t wanna lose our whole right edge. Looked dangerous tonight.
He got it strapped and played on, which is a good sign.

And no mention of it all by Seibs in the presser, nor was it mentioned in either the match report or casualty ward report on the nrl app.

Fingers crossed we have nothing to worry about.

Paulo looks like he is either stoned or scared. Aside from Saab injury the only negative to come out of the game. No urgency, very disappointing.

While I agree, it was also his run back infield towards the posts after play had almost broken down that allowed Froggy to dive over and score.

I think he fits in perfectly as a Manly winger. Rocks and diamonds..........

Man, I was surrounded by all Souths supporters and they were giving it to me early. But I can't describe how fantastic it was here when Brooksie scored. And even American beer is tasting good right now. 🤣

Saaby didn't look good so expect to miss him for a bit and expect to miss Brownie also. But again, we now have options.

Man, what a great day!! 🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅🦅

Seek help now before you completely lose the plot :rofl:

Last edited:
I sat on the floor right in front of the Big Screen TV so I could take it all in.

Some huge positives to come out of that game despite the injury blows. Particularly our crisp attacking plays and clinical little movements looking to create some space. If that was played at Brookvale Oval with extra space we would have scored close to 50 points.

We still have our main nucleus without Saab and perhaps another. It should be a cracker of a game back on our home turf vs the Roosters. We could really make a statement. We need to get Koula in to space as much as possible. Turbo, DCE and Brooks are master runners of the game and creators so with those 3 in our team and bring the same attacking game plan into game 2. That was largely a great team performance and we played some high quality attack in our first game of the season under untried conditions and on display for hundreds of thousands of extra people worldwide and I do believe now we will see a nice surge of Manly merchandise items from all those people that Manly won over, particularly in the US.

Although we made some extra errors they were mostly on the final tackle looking to set something up. Overall we were excellent in our cohesion and ball control with perfect passes and good positioning.

Hopefully all those who are healthy and fit and unscathed from that physical encounter can keep that roll going and stick to that simple game plan and play like we did today.

Jeez, just looked through the game day thread. what a pile of stinking hot crapola that was.... it's like having a partner addicted to acid and meth. One minute the world is amazing, the next xxxxx player is a useless piece of ****e, then oh no wait..... I love these guys.... actually, no we suck and I've been saying it all pre-season but wait..... I'm in love with this team......

silvertails if nothing else are predictable.

Manly did the old boys proud. To turn 12-20 into 36-20 with such class and such belief and commitment, not perfect but our best game to start the season for many years. We bombed a few opportunities and should have held out at least one more of their tries. A 12 point margin is very flattering for the Bunnies. We were in full control in the final 20 minutes. We were an 18 point better team than Souths based on that performance.

What a fantastic win by the mighty Manly machine!!

so many positives to come out of that game and the sky is the limits!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVED watching that game and that huge impressive win!!

GO MANLY!!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12