Pre-Game Manly v Penrith [Round 24, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

12 24
4 Pines Park
10 Aug 2023 07:50 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
There may be only one motivating factor for the team this Thursday night. That being if they can win this game it will be the biggest upset this year. Oh, actually Tigers beat Penrith I think. So mightn’t even be that. Might actually try find TCM original Tobe Hooper version and watch that instead.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
My favourite was Class of 1984… maybe not a true horror movie but I was 10 and it was pretty bloody full on at the time and left an impression!
Yeah agree. Very disturbing. How good was the grimy impaired hitchhiker younger brother (I think) and the old grandpa cannibal dude. Yikes - those memories are too early for a Sat morning.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
My favourite Horror Movie was the the 1973 Classic Cat Massacre
where Manly beat the Crap out of the Panthers by 70 to 7

Even though It was an adults only film some people walked out at half time as they could not stand the Brutality of the Manly Slaughter

Johnny Mayes bagged four tries, Alan Thompson a hat-trick, and Bob Fulton crossed for a double in a 14 tries to one romp. Graham Eadie was a sharpshooter that day, converting all 14

That year the Magnificence Manly Sea eagles reigned Supreme and Won their back to back grand final
That Year the Great Winning Manly Boss was the Great Godfather Ken Arthurson
1691186936691.png

eagle66

Bencher
Premium Member
Big chance next week. Panthers, I expect, will be without luai who will be suspended and Edwards will be rested due to his hamstring strain and Martin will rest his shoulder.
Yes, I will be watching and be in awe of the Panthers machine.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We 100% lose this one, but it's an opportunity to at put up a half decent performance.

I'd be happy if we only concede 4 penalties and 4 repeat sets, may drop the ball twice and zero stupid passes.

Keep Penrith to under 30. I dont think we can score against them, our attack last week vs Chooks was disgusting and they are just about the most ineffective side in defence.

Most of all I'd like to see that dog number 6 smashed head first into a boundary fence.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
We 100% lose this one, but it's an opportunity to at put up a half decent performance.

I'd be happy if we only concede 4 penalties and 4 repeat sets, may drop the ball twice and zero stupid passes.

Keep Penrith to under 30. I dont think we can score against them, our attack last week vs Chooks was disgusting and they are just about the most ineffective side in defence.

Most of all I'd like to see that dog number 6 smashed head first into a boundary fence.

He should be suspended. But can’t stand that little grub. Most despised player in NRL. He will take unders to stay at the riff as he knows he will fail outside of that team.

Eagle 1

First Grader
We seem lost in attack unless it's a long range try or a moment of brilliance. We don't have any plays to beat even an average defence. I can't even see us scoring against them, they will suffocate us then roll in a few easy tries without getting out of second gear. 36-0 or thereabouts. It will be more like an opposed training run for them. Our defensive intensity last for about 5 minutes then we fold. I hope I'm proved wrong and we pull off a shock win but I just can't see it.
That's harsh UKE, ....at least 10min...

Eagle 1

First Grader
There may be only one motivating factor for the team this Thursday night. That being if they can win this game it will be the biggest upset this year. Oh, actually Tigers beat Penrith I think. So mightn’t even be that. Might actually try find TCM original Tobe Hooper version and watch that instead.
Actually it will be, even better than the Tigers win, the weather played a big part in that win.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Last week it was serial offender JWH who got off with a fine and now serial offender Luai gets off with the same. The MRC must think 'ah you're a Rorter/Panther playing Manly next week' so here's a slap on the wrist, play on. What a joke.

Fortunately I will be out Thursday night and will be unable to watch this game…… I am starting to feel a lot less stressed already!

Rafferty

Mug punter
Big chance next week. Panthers, I expect, will be without luai who will be suspended and Edwards will be rested due to his hamstring strain and Martin will rest his shoulder.
Yes, I will be watching and be in awe of the Panthers machine.
Big chance we might keep them under a 100…….phew that’s a relief…….sorry, wish I was more optimistic, wonder what our biggest ever defeat at Brookie is? I’ll be relieved if we can play out the 80 with our integrity in tact, pretty sure most know we’re in for a hell of a night.

Rafferty

Mug punter
Big chance we might keep them under a 100…….phew that’s a relief…….sorry, wish I was more optimistic, wonder what our biggest ever defeat at Brookie is? I’ll be relieved if we can play out the 80 with our integrity in tact, pretty sure most know we’re in for a hell of a night.
Here’s the answer to the question

The match against Penrith, which they lost 46–6 at Brookvale Oval, was the club's biggest ever home defeat at the ground. However their season turned around, and by round 16, Manly recorded their biggest ever victory in club history, defeating the Bulldogs 66–0 at Western Sydney Stadium.

Rafferty

Mug punter
Then this, we have the 10th biggest loss in NRL history……to you guessed it……getting a little worried that some records may be rewritten this Thursday

10. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (Round 22, 2004) - 60 points​

Manly suffered a humiliating 72-12 defeat against the Penrith Panthers in Round 22 of the 2004 season.

In a season where they finished 13th out of the 15 sides, this performance mirrored much of their poor displays across the seasons.

Manly had separate six and four-game losing streaks across their 2004 season.

The Sea Eagles didn’t pick up too many wins across the season, but they did beat the Panthers earlier that year which makes this loss stranger.

Manly would learn their lesson by winning the following two weeks by a margin of 56 points helping them avoid the wooden spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17