Manly v Penrith Rd 7 3/5/2003

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
What a start to the season. Manly with 3 wins straight running 7th against Penrith running 9th. The Penrith pack looked formidable, big in size and pace and Manly filled with big hearts.
Big first half to Penrith who skipped to a 18- 2 lead. A disappointing play by Hopoate late in the 1st half deprived Watmough and the Eagles a try.
But what a 2nd Half. Manly hit the lead at the 60 minute mark and fought back a second time and nearly a third. Hard to see how they ended up 2nd last for the season.

What a start to the season. Manly with 3 wins straight running 7th against Penrith running 9th. The Penrith pack looked formidable, big in size and pace and Manly filled with big hearts.
Big first half to Penrith who skipped to a 18- 2 lead. A disappointing play by Hopoate late in the 1st half deprived Watmough and the Eagles a try.
But what a 2nd Half. Manly hit the lead at the 60 minute mark and fought back a second time and nearly a third. Hard to see how they ended up 2nd last for the season.
:weary: I didn't read your intro before I watched the video and I couldn't remember if we got away with it. I still thought Walker was going to kick it! @:D

Great comeback and of course Panthers premiers that season . One of first indications that Arron Cannings had some real ability , recall how Manly were going to try to have Cannings and Jason King as a long term prop combo at the time . Tony Jensen always seemed to put in as well and not a big guy . Didn 't realize Manly finished so far down the ladder that year , not a bad side at full strength but probably a bit down in the capable depth department . And that last conversion attempt by Ben Walker , oh so close and he seemed to have a not bad strike rate at the time .. .

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2