Manly v Parra

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It's a long shot but I think a Manly v Parra grand final in 2016 would be huge.

Manly have a much better chance than the Eels of making it, according to the bookies (and most of us here), but it is such an even comp and the Eels must be on an upward surge with all their new recruits (lol, well, we'll see).

One thing's for certain, the NRL would be absolutely thrilled to see a revival of fortunes for the Eels. It's been so long for them.

I think they'd likely need a couple of false starts like the Bunnies had, and probably another one or two world class players, but you never know.

Of course, we have great rivalries with most of the contenders, but another round of the old Manly v Parra would be a bit special and have a wide appeal. I'm a bit over the Storm, Dogs, Chooks.

Both clubs have so far to climb, especially the Eels, but even in recent years they have aimed up against Manly so it's not out of the question!

One thing's for certain, the NRL would be absolutely thrilled to see a revival of fortunes for the Eels. It's been so long for them.
I kind of agree with you however i am unsure if the Eels will qualify for the NRL's annual bias/helping hand grant in all games, due to their salary cap problems and basket case admin (which has irritated the NRL). I think they might help them along to that 'fairytale' grand final in 2017, not this year. But with this NRL admin, who knows! Maybe their fairytale will come this year

Its true that we have fierce and recent rivalries with the likes of the dirty dogs, rorters and drizzle. I used to like the dogs until the went super league and then actively targeted our club a few years back. The rorters to me are a well run club with buckets of money and they have taken our mantle of the silvertail club in many ways, The drizzle epitomize everything that stinks in our game in relation that they are a club set up by news limited and in their existence have used every dirty trick in the book to be successful.

Then we come to the whinging worms, our eternal enemy. A rivalry that started to really heat up from 1975 when we knocked them out in the finals and really got fierce when we beat them in the 76 grand final and was forever in stone after the 78 controversy when till this day the whinge and moan about. That pretty much set the tone for the rivalry and they got their revenge on us in 82 and 83 which was tough to swallow after we dominated them for so long.

I am pleased that they are once again emerging because for old timers like me they were the team I enjoy Manly beating more than any other. The fact the so many of each clubs players have swapped sides over the years has to a degree diluted the rivalry and also Manly being so successful and the worms mediocre.

Whatmough and Foran have now made it personal with the way both of them turned their backs on the club that gave them everything and now indoctrined into a culture that breeds envy and discontent.

Beating them in a grand final was a massive highlight for me in 76 and the pain of 82 and 83 still stays with me. To be able to play them again in a final and that has not happened for 11 years would be specical and to knock them over even better!!

The NRL are going to pump them up all season. They have a formidable side on paper at least.

Maybe not this year but I do see both teams as regular finalists again and I think the younger generation of Manly fans are going to learn what this rivalry really means to people of my generation when they see the behavior of the worms if they have any sort or success.

I'd quite like to see Manly prevail because an Eel drops the ball with the line open and victory beckoning, that would amuse me immensely (sorry Nev).

The fact that we're even talking about a Parra Manly gf, just shows the progress of the Eels recruitment drive since Arthur's brilliant inception.

The Eels are looking at another 80s style dynasty imo....

I'm not too sure about the Eagles, for they chose to forgo brilliant juniors, Gutherson, Hiku, Foz - & Keep some golden oldies like Lyon, Matai & Stewart, who will all be on the pension equity in a year or two.

No Habib, we're just fantasising about doing unto the Speels what we did unto the Drizzle in 2008 and how great life would be if that happened. None of us truly believe that the Speels will make a Grand Final anytime soon though.

I'd quite like to see Manly prevail because an Eel drops the ball with the line open and victory beckoning, that would amuse me immensely (sorry Nev).

Even better if it was Watmouth or Foreign who drops the ball ;)

I'm not too sure about the Eagles, for they chose to forgo brilliant juniors, Gutherson, Hiku, Foz - & Keep some golden oldies like Lyon, Matai & Stewart, who will all be on the pension equity in a year or two.

So says someone who's team is pinning its forward hopes on a couple of geriatric forwards (Mannah and Watmouth), a fullback who is well past his best (Gordon), and an injury prone, self serving 5/8 that you're expecting to play halfback and be the next Sterling.

Answer me this, if you can. Who do you expect to play at halfback if Foreign goes down with an injury? At least we have Moltzen or Isaac John if DCE gets injured. They may be a step down in class from DCE, but they're better than any replacements the Speels can come up with.

Lose Foreign and you have no one. Norman? Yeah, right lol. Cornish? Kelly? I think not.

Last edited:
The fact that we're even talking about a Parra Manly gf, just shows the progress of the Eels recruitment drive since Arthur's brilliant inception.

1947, 1952, 1954, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1970, 1972, 2012, 2013 ......
What is this Habib asks ?
Those are the years your club the eels disgraced them selves and were humiliated by getting more wooden spoons stuck up their arse than any NRL club in the history of the game .
Take your wooden spoons out of your arse and go and float in the Parramatta river your fool
1239892_550267868354511_1707015999_n.jpg

Last edited:

I think he did it twice in that game if I am recalling right. I was there with my heart in my throat

So says someone who's team is pinning its forward hopes on a couple of geriatric forwards (Mannah and Watmouth), a fullback who is well past his best (Gordon), and an injury prone, self serving 5/8 that you're expecting to play halfback and be the next Sterling.

Answer me this, if you can. Who do you expect to play at halfback if Foreign goes down with an injury? At least we have Moltzen or Isaac John if DCE gets injured. They may be a step down in class from DCE, but they're better than any replacements the Speels can come up with.

Lose Foreign and you have no one. Norman? Yeah, right lol. Cornish? Kelly? I think not.

Winner winner chicken dinner!!

I'm loving the " we are going to be so successful this year" dribble from the Squeals.

Geriatric forwards , the expectations of a nation on a broken down 5/8 trying to be a half, and a few other good youngsters.

Jennings is a genuine speedster, but let's not forget he was surrounded by class at the Rorters.

The Eels have as much chance of playing in the 2016 GF as me marrying Mariah Carey, mind you I don't think we will do it either as it's going to take a while for combinations to gel.

Cornish was an Australian schoolboys junior by the way and is still developing.

Gordon was purchased as a result of Hayne's sudden departure, but there's a brilliant junior Bevan French, who you'll see more of.

Watmough's signing was Arthur's masterstroke, as he paved the way for Foran & Guthersons arrival, who in turn gave incentive to the likes of Jennings and Scott.

*Moltzen LOL. Fmd. Been in reserve grade for years and major injury issues.

The Eels have as much chance of playing in the 2016 GF as me marrying Mariah Carey, mind you I don't think we will do it either as it's going to take a while for combinations to gel.
You're underestimating your chances Mark. With James announcing his engagement to her she'll be in the country a lot more. And once she sees you ...

Cornish was an Australian schoolboys junior by the way and is still developing.

Gordon was purchased as a result of Hayne's sudden departure, but there's a brilliant junior Bevan French, who you'll see more of.

Watmough's signing was Arthur's masterstroke, as he paved the way for Foran & Guthersons arrival, who in turn gave incentive to the likes of Jennings and Scott.

*Moltzen LOL. Fmd. Been in reserve grade for years and major injury issues.
Everybody has a right to dream I guess. Chief I think you will struggle to find many fellow slime supporters that would agree the signing of Choc was a master stroke of any kind! Mate that has to be one of the funniest things I have heard for a long time. Thanks for the laugh and the entertainment things must be a stale at oneeyed atm :)
P.S. You are right about Moltzen though most of us on this site think the same however we know he is paid to play reggies not FG.
Also don't mind a little Lebanese food either.

Watmouth's signing a masterstroke? For Manly maybe. I mean.....we did manage to offload Hasson on to you so that's a big plus for the maroon and white.

You seem to be on some good stuff there Habib. Where can we score some?

I would like to have kept gutherson, but I think you are forgetting 2 of the brightest young lights in the NRL. Tom and Jake. Jake will be on the cusp of origin this year and Tommy could be anything.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7