MANLY V NZ game day thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lyon needs to give up the goalkicking.
Tooves needs to bite the bullet and stand down Gifty and give up on Buhrer.
And the club needs to start an internal fine system for giving away penalties because our ill discipline is costing us greatly, biased refs or not.

Chip and Chase said:
I didn't think we were that bad. Just those errors that we keep coming up with that kill us. Warriors are on a roll, and if you can't control teh ruck against them then it is hard to contain them

Fair assessment.

I'm willing to give the Warriors credit. They are on a roll now.

Aside from that massive loss to the Panthers they have been competitive this season but didn't know how to win early on.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Did you mean to close the thread Jethro ?

I wasn't aware that I had closed it so if it was me who closed it then no, I didn't mean to :s

I'm gutted after this one. I can't begin to imagine how the team must be feeling.

I hope they learn from it.

Clearly they can win the premiership, but other than Horo and Hiku they look mentally tired. The skill level is very much there it is just focus and composure that is missing.

God said:
That was disappointing but at least Hiku looked much better than he has to this point, which is good given brett stewart is the highest paid footballer in the comp when you work out how many games he's played in the last few years divided by his pay packet and the fact we'll need him for 15-20 games a year.

Right on, if Brett played a few more games we would be top 2 for sure. Huge loss against a bottom rung team.

Every team is crap until we lose to them lolThen they're on a roll!

Budgewoi Eagle said:
Lyon needs to give up the goalkicking.
Tooves needs to bite the bullet and stand down Gifty and give up on Buhrer.
And the club needs to start an internal fine system for giving away penalties because our ill discipline is costing us greatly, biased refs or not.

Way too harsh. You are over reacting to a match which we almost won.
Let's see how we play against the Dogs. Losing to The Worriers is no big deal; the same can't be said if we lose to the Dogs.

considering we havnt been playing to our potential , we are still sitting in top 4 , other teams would wish to be in our position.

i only saw the last 20 mins on pc streaming the stream wasnt very good.

i saw some dumb passes & penalties.....
and we didnt have much ball to attack with...

how was our attack in the first half ??? was it better ??

its not doom & gloom , but we cant keep saying that after every game , the team definitely needs improvement .... just when ???

Can't stomach watching the Storm hammer the Sharks so switch over to the cricket and hear a Sri Lankan talking about the Warriors win lmao

Gotta deal with the bastards at work tomorrow for the 1st time in 4 years as well, I guess my standard reply will involve rather have the 2011 GF result in the back pocket than today's

panash said:
considering we havnt been playing to our potential , we are still sitting in top 4 , other teams would wish to be in our position.

i only saw the last 20 mins on pc streaming the stream wasnt very good.

i saw some dumb passes & penalties.....
and we didnt have much ball to attack with...

how was our attack in the first half ??? was it better ??

its not doom & gloom , but we cant keep saying that after every game , the team definitely needs improvement .... just when ???

Attack looked good for about 10 minutes then went to rubbish after that. The only time we look really dangerous is when Foran is running with the support. Pretty much the same story for most of the last 6 games.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
Jethro said:
Masked Eagle said:
Krazza12 said:
**** Dribble ****

Good courage waiting to come on til the 78th minute. Enjoy your september holidays.

Agreed. That's why he has gone for a week for trolling and his post deleted.

well done jethro.... it saves me getting aggressive

i read his post , if i could at the time a decent *itch slap would of worked wonders !!!

ManlyBacker said:
Ahh, panash, seen one week before and one week after a doggie's clash. Keep it up bro.

why dont you do your research on when i have posted here !!!!

instead of making comments that you have no foundations on...

its a laugh...

do you work for a shopfitting company in brookvale ???

i dont like to admit it , but i do agree with you that its not Hiku fault , i think he has held his own since brought into the starting line up !!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Gotta deal with the bastards at work tomorrow for the 1st time in 4 years as well,

KE, I didn't realise that you were working at the NZ Gay Marriage development centre during the week. :dodgy:I hope the boys didn't line up some bets with you about the game or anything to do with soap :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back in Oz, great weekend, loads of fun but couldn't return with the two points. Disappointing but we were our own worst enemies, they will sure need to improve to win on Friday

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8