Post-Game Discussion Manly v Knights [Round 5, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Knights
32 Glen Willow Stadium
01 Apr 2023 15:00
89:09 minute

Match Stats

I would have loved to have seen an attempt to push Young over the dead ball line before he grounded it.
Agreed, I would also have loved to have seen some effort to stop Newcastle marching inexorably forward every time they got the ball. We were just so passive in defence all day - metres from dummy half, metres up the middle, metres out wide. Every time they had the ball anywhere near our line, I expected them to score, and they usually did. It was truly woeful.

When the kick went up to Youngs wing, I thought Dom is good, he'll get this. Garrick looked gassed and didn't have jump left in him.
He also had no help. I know that's often the case when you're out on the wing, but it would have been nice if somebody else on the field had seen it coming and tried to do something to stop it.

He also had no help. I know that's often the case when you're out on the wing, but it would have been nice if somebody else on the field had seen it coming and tried to do something to stop it.
Yeah, I know it was the last minute and all, with both sides out on their feet, but needed someone to put in an effort to back up Garrick, but alas it never came.

Should the bunker have been used in that 40/20 attempt from DCE?
Even though the photo below is blurred, I think it hits the line.
Now the touchie, ref, and players are 40 odd metres away.
The only one that knew it hit the line was Miller, and of course, he ain’t saying jack.
I know we don’t want the bunker interfering, but in that scenario I think it’s warranted.

F7CDC3AB-DEBD-4F80-BB66-CFA9675E5262.jpeg

Almost like they had a really good off season, had good intentions to play that way but after a few weeks realised it was bloody hard to keep it up!
If they want win a title some time in the next few years they are going have to realise that they have to play that hard in your face style of footy all year round for them to have a chance of winning one.

The only one that knew it hit the line was Miller, and of course, he ain’t saying jack.
I know we don’t want the bunker interfering, but in that scenario I think it’s warranted.

View attachment 23529
I thought that was out too. But they never raised it during the broadcast.

The we are learning line is the poor response from a lack lustre performance.

Team selection was ordinary in regards to right centre: Harper has done SFA for Workers and hasn’t been knocking the door down to play in the first 13, Ben T been on the bench deserved an opportunity there.

Number 6 same scenario, Weekes been on the bench all season deserved the opportunity for more game time at six, Cooper was very ordinary against South’s playing for Workers.

You can’t reward players with below par performances in reserves with a first jumper just because of the position, tge way Young responded for the Knights yesterday is tge response you want after being dropped after ordinary efforts and performance.

With Schuster back Cooper and Harper need to prove themselves for Workers, pick the best 17 players available.

I thought that was out too. But they never raised it during the broadcast.
Ennis started to question it. But it was like the producer was in his ear straight away with a STFU Mick, we aren’t going to slo-mo it. We have our orders. Lift the carpet and sweep.
And it’s not because it was us (ok, maybe a little bit @:blush:). If that’s the way they are going to go with the bunker, ok. But don’t be calling that shiit later in the year or in finals.

It upsets me that Crossland, the worst player in the nrl, got the ball and kicked it. The only time this player has ever done something, and he saved it for 79th min v manly. What are the odds.
It’s not uncommon for the player I regard as the worst in the nrl to do something to beat a lacklustre manly. In any era.

Jonathan Wright scoring a try for Canterbury for example about 10 years ago. Or their hopeless 5/8 whose name I can’t recall kicked a grubber that ricocheted off the post for a try, in a semi. He had dyed hair, not Reynolds.

It won’t surprise me if Luke brooks gets a length of the field try against manly this year. He has before.

Why do we switch off against nobodies.

View attachment 23529
Of course they should of looked at it, the touchy had a look of not sure on his face also, the ref should of made the square sign and sent it upstairs to have a look at. And maybe we should of used our Captains challenge that's if we still had one.

On the flip side how much better was Hastings than DCE. Everytime he had the ball we were clueless in defense. Everytime DCE had the ball our right side attack broke down with him turning back inside and doing circles to no one.
Hastings and Miller outplaying DCE and Turbo seems a little embarrassing, all things considered

Harper needs massive improvements to his game and needs a long spell in reggies. Garrick to centre and Vaega on the wing, and Weekes to partner DCE if Schuster is out and have Chan Kum Tong on the bench.
Hahaha g up. This IS Harper. He HAS been in reggies. What improvement are you dreaming of?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4