Pre-Game Manly v Knights [Round 5, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 32
Glen Willow Stadium
01 Apr 2023 03:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Weekes would likely be more erratic and less consistent in the halves than Johns. I also believe that Johns has a superior passing game and kicking game compared to Weekes and will add more stability in the halves. Johns needs these opportunities in the limelight as he will find himself called upon in the halves at various stages throughout the year. He has only played a dozen NRL games in his early career and if he lives up to his potential and makes the most of these limited opportunities he could easily blossom into a possible permanent DCE replacement down the track if he comes up with the goods. He seems to have some good composure which is a good balance to compliment DCE's unpredictability.

Someone do a photo size comparison of Geoff Toovey/Cooper Johns both at 23 years of age to put things into perspective please.

Toovey was a once in a century freak ... are you suggesting that John's is also a once in a generation or more player?

Also forwards are at least 10-15kg's heavier, faster, fitter and stronger than in 2V's day ...

Can’t believe Cooper is in over Weekes! Another one only playing 1st grade because of his name.
He has some potential. He just needs to get more NRL experience and given the opportunity to play his natural game. He has everything to prove and if anything his name has placed more pressure on his career than anything. I am excited to see him show us what he has got as he gains in confidence and experience.

Toovey was a once in a century freak ... are you suggesting that John's is also a once in a generation or more player?

Also forwards are at least 10-15kg's heavier, faster, fitter and stronger than in 2V's day ...
I think he will surprise a few once he starts getting some serious game time. Hopefully we lock him in when the timing is right. We could be potentially screwed in the halves in a couple of years.

I think he will surprise a few once he starts getting some serious game time. Hopefully we lock him in when the timing is right. We could be potentially screwed in the halves in a couple of years.

Mate ... he will surprise nobody ... because we have all seen him play ... and are more than happy with him ... he does his job well.

My comment to you was in regard to physically comparing him to Toovey ... can't be done .

I think that Weekes would likely be more erratic and less consistent in the halves than Johns. I also believe that Johns has a superior passing game and kicking game compared to Weekes and will add more stability in the halves. Johns needs these opportunities in the limelight as he will find himself called upon in the halves at various stages throughout the year. He has only played a dozen NRL games in his early career and if he lives up to his potential and makes the most of these limited opportunities he could easily blossom into a possible permanent DCE replacement down the track if he comes up with the goods. He seems to have some good composure which is a good balance to compliment DCE's unpredictability.
What about Humphries and Fainu for DCE replacement? Do you think Johns is really ahead of these 2? As a permanent replacement that is.

Last edited:
I think we will put a score on these guys, Manly by 20. If Brailey is out then Manly by 30, Crossland isn't a real NRL player no offence.

The Knights have been beating disorganised teams, exposed by the well organised. We have been performing against proper contenders.

Our run-on side looks stronger than theirs and our bench is double as strong. I am hoping
Manly wins this in style and makes a statement.

I think Turbo is due for an explosive game.

With the Geoff Toovey & Cooper Johns size comparison I was merely implying that size does not matter in the halves if your defence is on song. Obviously young Cooper has a very, very, very long way to go to be included in the Geoff Toovey category but I saw one tackle in particular in that Bulldogs game where Cooper absolutely threw his body on the line and cut someone down and stopped them dead in their tracks. I was impressed. I don't think he is looking at holding back. This is where his career starts. This year.

Really we should win by 20-40 but I am just looking for a good gutsy committed win here even if it is by one point after 17 minutes of extra time. Let's stay in the top 4 for the entire year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4