Manly v Knights … Sunday at Brookie! … chat and teams thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Utility Player said:
I started taking the oposition in my footy tipping comp 3 weeks ago and we have won all 3 so I'll be tipping the Knights this week :)

i've been to 4 games this year & we have lost each of them so i will be staying at home for this & each remaining game this season.

Ryan said:
I wonder of big Willie tackles Gagai in practice?

i think its the other way around:D

Tony Williams has issued a warning to his mate Akuila Uate ahead of the Sea Eagles' clash with the Knights at Brookvale Oval.

The giant second rower shared a room with Newcastle's flying Fijian winger during the Four Nations and their friendship grew during NSW Origin camps this year.

But all friendships will be put aside on Sunday, with Williams out to clip Uate's wings.

"I've been texting him telling him I'm going to smash him this weekend," Williams said. "I can't wait to verse him."

"I think we're going to have to do a big job on him because he's been playing well in the last couple of weeks."

(Thanks to seaeagles.com.au)

ManlyBacker said:
Tony Williams has issued a warning to his mate Akuila Uate ahead of the Sea Eagles' clash with the Knights at Brookvale Oval.

The giant second rower shared a room with Newcastle's flying Fijian winger during the Four Nations and their friendship grew during NSW Origin camps this year.

But all friendships will be put aside on Sunday, with Williams out to clip Uate's wings.

"I've been texting him telling him I'm going to smash him this weekend," Williams said. "I can't wait to verse him."

"I think we're going to have to do a big job on him because he's been playing well in the last couple of weeks."

(Thanks to seaeagles.com.au)

The way he's been playing he won't get near Uate,lately he would'nt bruise a grape

ManlyBacker said:
Verse him? Sounds like he plans to bamboozle Uate with a few lines of poetry?

EagleFromMay1967 said:
southsideeagle said:
It is a while since I went to Brookie ..in fact 37 years .. I have been to many matches since but this Sunday will be first back to the Fortress. Looking forward to it. Assume it is in same location (haha)?

Yeah, but it is no longer a "Brookvale Oval" - it is more of a rectangle.
They changed it over in 1970. I to was a bit befuddled that day . . . "Is this the same ground ?"

There's no longer a tunnel under the hill from the south east gate. There's also a stand now a the southern end, and another stand in th south west corner. The big caravan in the north west corner is gone.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
ManlyBacker said:

Rex: Uate, Uate, wherefore art thou Uate?
Jamie: He's on the bench 'cause you smashed him.

niccipops said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
ManlyBacker said:

Rex: Uate, Uate, wherefore art thou Uate?
Jamie: He's on the bench 'cause you smashed him.

Must have been a (Shake)spear tackle!

Less talk more action Mr T. We now face a desperate Knights team and next week an even more desperate Broncos side 1 slip up and we are out of the four. Got a bad feeling about tomorrow. Another game where all the odds are in our favour means only 1 thing this year, Knights by 4.

If the Knights win they go into 7th from 9th. Not going to happen though. The boys flipped over to finals mode in the Cows game. Should be a cracker.

wombatgc said:
If the Knights win they go into 7th from 9th. Not going to happen though. The boys flipped over to finals mode in the Cows game. Should be a cracker.

They have to win by 40 to get to 7th

8th with just a win though

Kiwi Eagle said:
wombatgc said:

That'll learn me to wade into stats while having arvo beers.:blush:

wombatgc said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
wombatgc said:

That'll learn me to wade into stats while having arvo beers.:blush:

Haha well if we take for and against out of it then you are correct with 7th =

Just saw Kimmorley say to Dugan that the Raiders are now in the top 8 but they are still outside it

Kiwi Eagle said:
And 24pt win to us will be 3rd

I'll take a one point win.

I'm very confident of better than that though.

I for one would be happy to finish in 4th place. For mine it's as good as finishing in first place. We play in Sydney and if we win we get the week off.

How is that any different to finishing first??????

Exactly, any spot in the top 4 is as good as the other for us, we dont get home games !!

Smashing the Dogs in week 1, or going down and hammering the Storm in week 1, keen to see either and then a week off before a game at the SFS

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8