Post-Game Discussion Manly V Eels [Round 8, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
32 4 Pines Park
26 Apr 2024 20:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

From Post #1

MATCH DAY

Friday 26 April 2024

Venue:.... 4 Pines Park, Brookvale, NSW

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Parramatta Eels: 8:00pm

FULL TIME SCORE

Manly: 32
Eels: 18

438865774_1032291948329053_3088467040419034192_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are the Manly boys,
We had a win today,
We are the boys you know of
We showed them how to play,
No matter where we’ll be
Maroon and White you'll see,
Oh aren’t we a wonderful credit
To our locality,
So cheer boys cheer,
We are together,
Every now and then we have a win…..have a win
We will play them all around
At our home or any ground,
If they’ll always play a fair and honest game
So it’s GUZZLE GUZZLE GUZZLE
As we pour it down our muzzle,
And sing out the order loud and clear, 'MORE BEER',
And we will drink all night
Until we are very tired
In the shade of the Manly Leagues Club.

Pressers:

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Game Stats Review:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights:

Full Match Replay Link:

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips:

Press Print & Video Articles:

Manly face nervous wait as brain explosion costs Parra

‘Stupid’ act sums up NRL ‘horror show’

Sea Eagles Judiciary News:
  • During the game, Haumole Olakau'atu was placed on report at game time 04:14 and sin binned for 10 minutes following a penalty for a dangerous tackle.
  • Post-Match, the Match Review Committee decided that the 'Dangerous Tackle' was in fact a 'Dangerous Throw' on Eels Forward Shaun Lane and have since charghed both Haumole Olakau'atu and Daly Cherry-Evans with a Grade 2 Dangerous Throw offence.

A Grade 2 Dangerous Throw offence attracts a two-game ban with an early plea or a three-game ban if the charge is unsuccessfully contested at the judiciary.

A win is a win, first of all, so I'm pumped about that, particularly.given it's the Eels. I almost get as much satisfaction out of them losing as I do us winning hahaha.

BUT, Defense concerns me guys. It's almost nonsensical that a top 3 team has a bottom four defense.

I also don't think we will be able to change the structures given the types of player we have. I found it interesting post game the commentators were explaining the Eels the same as I've been saying about us.

Too similar (not bad by the way) forwards.We COULD swap players in and out, by why would you when we are winning ?

@mave ,you claimed the first two tries against wasn't testament to slow, either standing still or back pedaling middles (meaning we naturally squash up in Defense) meaning our flanks are thin, and reversing ? I'm not sure I agree with that.

I do think we are one marquee explosive forward, a Hooker and possibly a lock (my opinion is Arthur) away from defending more shutouts.

End of the day though, we won (again), so what's really to complain about. Siebold said there's heaps to improve. I just hope its around our defensive mindset.

Great win against the slime and a great night at Brookie:
The Anzacs tribute was first class and very respectful
Tezza's passing was mentioned but, due to the special occasion, maybe there'll be a more dedicated tribute at a later date
A full house which made it an awesome atmosphere
Although we were down 14-6 at HT, I was always confident DCE would find a way to get us the win...and he did.
Negatives were our defence at times and Sivo always has been and is a Grub
Also hope Haumole isn't suspended but that tackle on Lane was 'over the top'
Hearing Eagle Rock played at full-time topped the night off!

What would you say if we won all four ??
I'd say that's extremely unlikely, but if we did, we'd be on 19 points after Round 12.

For comparison:
In 2008 we were on 16 points after R12
In 2011 we were on 18 points after R12

So, we'd be in the hunt... Finals football is a different beast though.

Look we have been undefeated for a month now and still feels like we haven't strung out a complete 80 minute performance. It shows improvement from the last two years that we are capable of being classy enough to win tough games even though we are not playing to our best. Still banking in points early in this season to set us up for origin period is imperative.

Props to the team showing character after being rattled and down at half time and to still be good enough to come out maturely in the second half to outscore in a big way. It's good early signs and a show of growth from this club. We do look like a team that has done a lot of travelling, we looked tired and not focused at times. I'm confident this 7 day turnaround with no travel will do wonders for us and we will get this full 80 minute shutout performance we've been wanting next week against Raiders.

But to Manly fans, be happy, we are winning games and we are on the top end of the ladder and we got our revenge against those filthy Parra scum. Since Parra beat us in round 3 they lost their best player long term and have won 1 out their last 5. So who has really come out better on the end of that round 3 game. This one is just a satisfying way to top it off. Go Manly!

The team can score points for fun. When the focus and composure are right.

The manic mayhem of mismanaging the 10 minutes that they were a player short really disturbed me and I could not believe what I saw, we turned the ball over 3 times, again allowed a bomb to not be dealt with resulting in a try.

Our defence is all at sea out wide. I so wish our wingers would stop rushing in as the cut out pass catches them most times.

First half was ordinary, second half apart from ten minutes much better.

Lots to improve on!

I noticed him limping late in the game, maybe the guy's got a problem
When Tom was being interviewed on 9 he was cracking jokes and smiling, it's been a while since I've seen this sort of body language from Tom. Maybe a bit of cramp, if it was something serious i doubt he'd be cracking jokes.

The team can score points for fun. When the focus and composure are right.

The manic mayhem of mismanaging the 10 minutes that they were a player short really disturbed me and I could not believe what I saw, we turned the ball over 3 times, again allowed a bomb to not be dealt with resulting in a try.

Our defence is all at sea out wide. I so wish our wingers would stop rushing in as the cut out pass catches them most times.

First half was ordinary, second half apart from ten minutes much better.

Lots to improve on!
Yeah, we are still a work in progress with a lot more improvement to come

Watching the Foxleague post match chat and its all about Parra. Did anybody else play tonight, you morons?
Yeah, watching Voney orchestrate the panel on Fox footy it just looks to rigid, need to take a leaf out of 9's commentary team. Tucked away in the studio you just don't have the feel for the game that the on field commentators do.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8