Post-Game Discussion Manly V Eels [Round 8, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
32 4 Pines Park
26 Apr 2024 20:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Funny reading this thread just before halftime we’re all just sticking it to our players.5 minutes before full time we’re are premiership material maybe we should wait before we all go off our rockers.
It’s why I usually don’t come in here during the game , it’s far less stress actually watching it without interruption.

We're 3rd on the ladder, have beaten the premiers, and we haven't had a bye yet... We're doing well, but I'm still not sure about this team.

Next up we have Raiders, Dolphins, Broncos, Storm then a bye... if we win 2 of those games and have two close losses I'd say we are still doing okay. Three wins I'd be confident we can finish top 4. One win and I'd say we could miss the finals.

Been watching the post game and for 20 minutes now they haven't mentioned manly. If you just tuned in you'd only think parra played and no one else
If you’re talking about Fox,yes you’re right,but the bigger story is the Eels.Manly were barely worth talking about given the penalty count in the second half(not suggesting they didn’t deserve that count)
But I think they’re going overboard with their criticism of the Eels.They put in tonight and were still in it til Sivo’s stupidity and they’re missing Moses and Cartwright.They don’t go as hard on other coaches that deserve more criticism.
Arthur probably needs to go but that has more to do with being there too long and hearing the same voice

Glorious win. Some bullshiiii! Pens against us in the first half. DCE instrumental thought he really lead from the front! Brown great! It’s all about playing for the 80min and we did. Solid performance. Into the top 4 for now..

And seriously, when’s someone going to put the fear of god into Gutho, surely soon…
It looks like problems with his legs are starting to catch up with him.

But seriously, he must be on thin ice. He and the Souffs guy.
They look a 60 minute team the last few games, Sanders was ok for them, their middles have been way off.

I think Arthur won’t be the loan soldier, Gutho at the back could be over before the season is done.

You wouldn’t think we won reading my take on the performance.

Hard to get enthusiastic about the game other than the two points.

Watching the game they were more focused on getting the referees attention instead of playing footy.

Spine was way off first grade standard, Brooks and Tom need to get Koala early ball, he is catching a cold at times.

Need more creativity off the bench in the middle, Gordie for me over Lawton or give Croker a week off.

Garrick back to left wing he is an opposition coaches dream playing in the centres.

Need more of that leg speed Bully has in the middle, he creates quick play the balls, may have to clone him and play up the middle, get dirty put the dinner suits away.
I actually agree. Thought we were rubbish tonight. Take the 2 and the +14 and move on. That Eels team is in all sorts. They are plain awful. Bye is a very good chance of beating them next week.

Will be an interesting game next week. Haumole prob out suspended.

Lmfao... parra press conference

BA...asked about Sivo

"20-18 were in front 4 tries to 3"
Hahaha hahaha..
Then again he mentions 4 tries to 3???

Brad it's a total points scoreboard not a who scores more tries scoreboard...
Bro it's parra, he could only count to 4 because he had both hands on the table

Seriously.. he has a dig.. great goal kicker and try finisher.. make some good tackles ... but then gets seriously shown up with defensive reads when teams are coming at him fast near the red zone. And then he can't catch and pass..so how is he MOM..

Good game yes.. MOM..sorry no
Agree. I actually love him. He plays his arse off. And he’s a great clubman. Wouldn’t swap him for the world.

Sivo , what a star 3 try’s

Sivo , what a dickhead , handed us the game in the end
Hey @Mark from Brisbane have I convinced you that our 2024 team is better than the last few years yet?

Is 3rd place on the ladder enough for you to be confident backing us to the hilt pre-match?

We are building and not losing for 4 matches in a row.

Lots of improvement still to come hopefully in defence!

Big ups to Seibold for turning the team around at halftime. We were in all sorts and looked disinterested in winning. And even though the second half wasn't perfect, it was much, much better, and the effort from the boys was there. Credit to the coach for that, I reckon.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8