Pre-Game Manly V Eels [Round 8, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 18
4 Pines Park
26 Apr 2024 08:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can guarantee the nrl and nein will not allow the golden slime to get flogged live on Friday night. This will be heavily ref /bunker clown managed in their favour. What should be a 30 point flogging to us will be down to 4 -8 points either way.
Not if I and the rest of what will hopefully be another massive home crowd, have anything to do with it. I'd implore everyone on ST (and your mates) to get down to Brooky and make your voice heard. We saw how much it affected the game when we played them last at their home ground. Well let's make sure we return the favour.

Not unless you want to give away a penalty & be suspended for a week , although I guess you can rush up and act like a clown waving your arms around and as long as you don’t touch you should be fine.

I get the whole “ protect the kickers after they’ve kicked deal” but bugger me the NRL make it hard these days with all these new rules.
They'll most likely outlaw making funny faces or waving your arms about, soon too. 🙄

IMG_6746.jpeg

We have an important 5 game draw going into our first bye. These next two games are back home at fortress Brooky with potential sell out crowds against teams that are both missing their starting halfback and arguably most important player, so no excuses there.

Dolphins are playing well but matchups wise, we are still superior so have to win that. Then the next two with Broncos and Melbourne are tough but I reckon we can snatch atleast one of those, most likely Melbourne at Brooky.

4 out 5 going into our first bye and origin period would be massive.

We have an important 5 game draw going into our first bye. These next two games are back home at fortress Brooky with potential sell out crowds against teams that are both missing their starting halfback and arguably most important player, so no excuses there.

Dolphins are playing well but matchups wise, we are still superior so have to win that. Then the next two with Broncos and Melbourne are tough but I reckon we can snatch atleast one of those, most likely Melbourne at Brooky.

4 out 5 going into our first bye and origin period would be massive.
Like it but I have learnt to worry about the next match every week

Be a lot of "honesty sessions" going on out Parramatta way given that their coach accused his players of giving up against the Dolphins and being part-time footballers. So it's almost a good thing our win against the Titans was so scrappy, because there is no way on Earth we should be over-confident and not realise we need to be better. I'd love to see us put in a dominant performance, but will settle for a win that doesn't involve the opposition scoring 30 points.

One thing I'll say, is put pressure on their kickers. I've noticed we've been giving space and time to opposition kickers this season. Actually, CAN you put pressure on the kickers anymore? Bleh, I don't even know anymore.
Not in the warriors game we didn’t!

GCKT
15 runs
96 meters (12 dummy half runs 67 meters)
25 post contact meters
1 tackle break
30 tackles no misses
64mins
Another good game in NSW cup and NSW cup was missing some forwards this week. Make him the 14.
Yes yes yes!!! If you watched Dophins game, they molested parra up around the ruck. Unfortunately Croker just gets the ball and passes. Need GCKT and his dangerous dummy half runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8