Post-Game Discussion Manly v Eels [Round 3, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Eels
34 4 Pines Park
16 Mar 2023 20:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Player wise, Manly’s right side attack is far more dangerous than its left side, but because DCE passing attaking game is so non-existent, all of Manly the best attack comes on the left, which is easily it’s weaker side.
Put Schuster or another ball player on Manly right side, and that attack would be devastating.
Manly‘s right side attack is Huomole & Koula doing most attacks by themselves.
You must be kidding mate. DCE's a star and we'd be f#&ked without him. Do you actually watch what he does ? He's up there with the best halves in the comp & he's 34 ffs.

Funny how much better we looked once we brought on Weekes (a fullback) to play hooker over Croker. Imagine if we, you know, played an actual hooker there! Surely people are starting to realise the jig is up with Croker
There was also the moment that Schuster got into dummy half and moved quickly with a nice pass to put Turbo over for a try.

I even remember times when Jake has jumped in at dummy half and provided better service than Croker.

You must be kidding mate. DCE's a star and we'd be f#&ked without him. Do you actually watch what he does ? He's up there with the best halves in the comp & he's 34 ffs.

We go left mostly only because that's obviously where Tom is more comfortable passing when chiming into the line (he runs more when he goes to the right) and because Reubs on the left flank is a better finisher. Brad Parker may have had an off night with his hands (mostly) last night, but he's also got a good thing going with Turbo, Shoe and Reubs.

Oh I get it...

It's cheating unless Parra does it, then it's "Genius".

A crafty move from Mitchell Moses wasn't enough to score the Parramatta Eels a victory against the Manly Sea Eagles at Brookvale Oval on Thursday night.

It looked like Tom Trbojevic had his second try of the match after streaming over the line early in the second half, however it was called back when Moses was spotted lying on the turf.

Manly centre Brad Parker was penalised for making direct contact with Moses, taking him out of the play.

However, Nine commentators Phil Gould, Andrew Johns, and Brad Fittler could only giggle at the "genius" ploy from the halfback.

They suggested the crafty No.7 has made a habit of seeking contact in the defensive line in an effort to prevent opposition tries.

"He's a genius, Mitchell Moses, at that," Gould said.

"He can find them.

(sorry if posted)

- Parra suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Well Moses did part the Red Sea. Clever bloke. The very first Red Sea Pedestrian.

I am in India & and viewing of Thursday's game was continually interrupted due to connectivity issues. I rewatched it yesterday, and for what it's worth, here are my observations
  • Nearly all our players made errors in attack or defence, except Jake and maybe Keppie & Paseka (?). Some have said that Turbo's defensive positioning may have been out a a couple of times - the one error I noticed was a poor pass from dummy half early in the game.
  • I think some of our defensive lapses (& those of the Eels') were purely due to heat & exhaustion. For example, it appeared our defenders' brains were fried when Hodgson strolled (literally) through for his try.
  • We flagged defensively a few times during the game. I wonder if a power game based on big boppers was appropriate for the conditions? Maybe selecting more mobile smaller forwards (if we have any) would enable a more balanced defensive effort in the heat. However, all our middles played very well.
  • DCE seems to be benefitting from the new coaching regime. He remained composed throughout the match & his long kicking game was quite good.
  • For a big man, Olakau'atu has amazing stamina - he never seems to tire. The one major flaw is his game at this time appears to be an occasional poor defensive read when the opposition is attacking close to our line.
  • I noticed a nippy dummy half scoot of 15 - 20 metres by Schuster in the second half - will be interesting to see if his speed has improved when he is in the clear
  • Poor Burbo. It seems he will never impress much playing from the bench. For his game (solid defence, strong runs, fitness, soft hands), he needs to be starting. For this to happen, it will depend on other back rowers being unavailable, or maybe he'll get a game at lock ...

Just reflecting on the game a bit, this really shouldn't of been a close game. We bombed 2 tries, Tui simple drop ball in the corner, should of been formality, and the obstruction call, should of avoided that cat Mosses when running through as a decoy. Also Garrick missed 2 shots that he would normally get everyday of the week. Should of been a big win for us, but that's footy I guess.

Just reflecting on the game a bit, this really shouldn't have been a close game. We bombed 2 tries, Tui simple drop ball in the corner, should have been formality, and the obstruction call, should have avoided that cat Mosses when running through as a decoy. Also Garrick missed 2 shots that he would normally get everyday of the week. Should have been a big win for us, but that's footy I guess.
Also 2 point field goal.

Also gutho, 2 tries scored on last tackle, manly guilty of clocking off expecting kick.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4