Manly V Easts the Example

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I sat down last night and watched Friday nights game and make the following observations.

1. The NRL needs to get a video of the Manly V Easts game from Friday night and the first semi final from last year and have all referees and administrators watch it over and over again until they realise just how entertaining a low scoring heavy defence game can be. This was the most entertaining game I have seen in a long long time.

2. Easts have absolutely nothing to complain about in relation to the refereeing. I watched the game and tried to be as unbiased as I can an I found two instances where we could have been penalised and were not. By contrast I found four instances where they could have been penalised and weren't. They are a very undisciplined team......period.

Will have to watch the game again but that penalty count was way too much in our favour.

Even under slick conditions and two great defensive teams it is not acceptable with that amount of possession and field position to only score one try.

What I like about Toovey is he alludes to the fact we can't keep winning games in this grinding close manner and it will fatigue the troops eventually.

An almost all international backline with the best halves pairing in the comp should do better, the lack of composure especially from DCE in these close games needs to be addressed also.

The cross field kick against Parra in a close game was a very poor option---not the last winning try kick but earlier in the second half when composure and control were the key.

Yeah I agree completely we should've scored more points and the slug-fest isn't the best,
but after LOSING several of these battles last year, most notably against the Rorters and Souffs, I'll take the win any day of the week.

We can put the polish on our performances in coming weeks, esp on a dry track, and with Snake n Horhay in the mix.

Technical Coach said:
Will have to watch the game again but that penalty count was way too much in our favour.

Even under slick conditions and two great defensive teams it is not acceptable with that amount of possession and field position to only score one try.

What I like about Toovey is he alludes to the fact we can't keep winning games in this grinding close manner and it will fatigue the troops eventually.

An almost all international backline with the best halves pairing in the comp should do better, the lack of composure especially from DCE in these close games needs to be addressed also.

The cross field kick against Parra in a close game was a very poor option---not the last winning try kick but earlier in the second half when composure and control were the key.

Don't get me wrong TC, I agree we needed to score more points and that we didn't play as well as we can, but the game was entertaining nonetheless.

As an aside, I sense there is a gulf in quality between us, the chooks and the rest of the comp.

I watched the replay and i have to say that:

1. only 1 instance did i think manly shouldn't have been awarded a penalty
2. There were at least 2 more instances were Manly should have been awarded a penalty.
3. there were 2 instances where the chooks should have been given a penalty and 1 more was borderline.

In the end the chooks were poorly disciplined. They also finished with 59% completion in the second half. If you dont hold the possession, your not going to get penalties.'

You want to complain, that Vatuvei try decision was a shocker.

Interesting article in SMH by Phil Gould on this

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/roosters-and-manly-clash-packed-with-controversial-incidents-20140329-zqoel.html

"I have no doubt they got a few rough calls on Friday night too.

However, the final score was more a reflection on what the Roosters did wrong and what Manly did right, rather than any influence the referee or video referee had on the play.

I think the Roosters should feel disappointed. I don’t think the referees will be entirely happy with their night’s work.

I think Manly fans should be extremely proud of their team and the tremendous grit shown by their players.

The Manly boys won this game with good control, tough attitude and tough defence. They deserved their victory."

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4