Pre-Game Manly v Dragons [Round 18, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

32 18
Cbus Super Stadium
16 Jul 2021 07:55 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Manly v Dragons [Round 18, 2021]

MATCH DAY

Friday 16th July 2021

Venue:.... Cbus Super Stadium, Gold Coast

Gates Open:....TBA

NRL Kick Off Time:.... Manly Sea Eagles vs St.George Illawarra Dragons - 8:05pm.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles

05. Reuben Garrick
02. Jason Saab
03. Brad Parker
04. Morgan Harper
18. Moses Suli
06. Kieran Foran (c)
12. Josh Schuster (Calf, Round 18)

08. Taniela Paseka
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Martin Taupau
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
15. Karl Lawton
13. Sean Keppie

14. Dylan Walker
16. Kurt De Luis
17. Toafofoa Sipley (Shoulder, Round 18)
21. Cade Cust

Reserves:
19. Tevita Funa

Out:
01. Tom Trbojevic
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
20. Jack Gosiewski

Available But Not Selected:
  • Ben Trbojevic
  • Jorge Taufua
  • Tolutau Koula
  • Christian Tuipulotu
  • Alec Tuitavake - Development Player
  • Kaeo Weekes - Development Player.

Injured or Unavailable:
(Updated: Thursday, 15 July 2021)

• Toafofoa Sipley (Shoulder, Round 18)
  • Josh Schuster (Calf, Round 18)
  • Jake Trbojevic (Hip, Roumd 19)
  • Zac Saddler (Cheekbone, Round 21)
  • Josh Aloiai (Wrist, Round 22)
  • Andrew Davey (Knee, Next Season)
  • Morgan Boyle (Shoulder, Next Season)
  • Manase Fainu (Stood down, Indefinite)
  • Curtis Sironen (Hamstring, Indefinite)

BWSE Injured or Unavailable:
  • Sione Fainu - Development Player (Lisfranc Operation, TBA)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
We have won 2 of our last 9 against this mob, bit of a worrying game this one, I think they will believe they can get us and will be determined to shove it up the nrl and keep their season on track, I reckon they will be pumped for a win, probably would of been better if none of the party BS or COVID dramas had happened.

We‘ll be without Tom again you’d imagine, hopefully Chez plays, hopefully Jake and Shoe play and hopefully we play well and get the 2, couldn’t stand another loss to the goons. Looking forward to see what Des throws up tomorrow and fingers crossed Chez pulls up ok after Wednesday, we need him back in his jumper.

I'd prefer chez to be rested after origin, he has carried his groin injury All season and played alot of footy, we will need him fit and firing for the run home.
If shu is available and Jake is back we should have enough to get the job done if not then we are stuffed anyway if we can't jag a win under the circumstances.

This is the side I would be playing.
5 Garrick
2 Saab
3 Parker
4 Harper
22 Koula / Tuipulotu
18 Cust
6 Foran (c)
8 Paseka
9 Croker
13 Trbojevic (c)
11 Olakau’atu
17 Lawton
12 Schuster

10 Taupau
14 Walker
15 De Luis
16 Keppie

19 Suli

would do a classic Des and name Tom and DCE... then switch it out.

Play with 3 halves, go for points early. Throughout the game walker to 13, and jake to 13 and props on the field.

Should be able to win without DCE and Turbo at a good margin.

One game in 2 weeks….I think both Tom & DCE will play. They’ll be fine barring any setbacks. I also think both Jake & Schuster will play! We need momentum & wins to ensure our position going forward.
Tom
Saab
Harper
Parker
Garrick
Foran
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Olakau’atu
Lawton
Jake
Res: Walker, Schuster, Marty, De Luis

This is a high risk game. We should have won easy last week but got lapped so what makes people think we are a sure thing. I am of the view that we need all troops on deck. We can't afford to throw away two more competition points. The Dragons are only two points behind us and the Sharks and Newcastle are only 4 points away. I don't see that we are in the comfort zone at all.

This is a high risk game. We should have won easy last week but got lapped so what makes people think we are a sure thing. I am of the view that we need all troops on deck. We can't afford to throw away two more competition points. The Dragons are only two points behind us and the Sharks and Newcastle are only 4 points away. I don't see that we are in the comfort zone at all.
100% spot on . We are not in any position to be in any comfort zone at all .

We have the top four above us soaring away and the teams below us closing in

We were favourites last week on our home ground against a disrupted and troublesome raiders team that could not master a win in their last 5 games and they managed to over power us by 30 points to 16 .

No Tom and all our dick and harrys were not capable of standing up as we could only manage 16 lousy points.

Last edited:
One game in 2 weeks….I think both Tom & DCE will play. They’ll be fine barring any setbacks. I also think both Jake & Schuster will play! We need momentum & wins to ensure our position going forward.
Tom
Saab
Harper
Parker
Garrick
Foran
DCE
Paseka
Croker
Keppie
Olakau’atu
Lawton
Jake
Res: Walker, Schuster, Marty, De Luis
I'm with you @madmax in that I think that both will play now that they don't have to travel back to Sydney - depending on how they pull up of course.
Good side too.

I know this is kinda crazy but I'd name Tom on the bench and use him as a "break glass in case of emergency " option for the last 20 mins ( only if required) .

Des never uses his last bench forward much anyway ( Burbo, De Luis) so I don't see what the harm would be in doing this. We'd be gambling that we don't get an early forward injury and be down a forward rotation.... and also gambling that Tom may snap a couple of days rest after Origin. But that awful loss last week means we can't afford to throw away another game to one of out Top 8 rivals this week. I think we are underdogs if Tom doesnt play.

OK call me crazy.... and know Des would never do it in a million years unless the season was on the line..... but why not have the weapon just on the bench "just in case" - don't use him if you don't have to.

Yes I'm prepared to be shouted down.

I know this is kinda crazy but I'd name Tom on the bench and use him as a "break glass in case of emergency " option for the last 20 mins ( only if required) .

Des never uses his last bench forward much anyway ( Burbo, De Luis) so I don't see what the harm would be in doing this. We'd be gambling that we don't get an early forward injury and be down a forward rotation.... and also gambling that Tom may snap a couple of days rest after Origin. But that awful loss last week means we can't afford to throw away another game to one of out Top 8 rivals this week. I think we are underdogs if Tom doesnt play.

OK call me crazy.... and know Des would never do it in a million years unless the season was on the line..... but why not have the weapon just on the bench "just in case" - don't use him if you don't have to.

Yes I'm prepared to be shouted down.
With his hammie injury history having him sitting watching for an hour and a half and suddenly being sent into action cold may not be a good idea. Other than that, its not a bad suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12