Post-Game Discussion Manly V Dragons [Round 15, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Dragons
30 4 Pines Park
16 Jun 2024 14:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
When Nathan Brown came on the whole tempo lifter. This guy is just a footballer. It is not only his 'bench fence' running but also his ball play and defence - he cuts them like Jake.

Agree he is a week to week proposition and when he warms up he looks like he can hardly run, however he gets on the field and rips in. he also rarely settles on the bench and walks the sideline wired. Has he 2 more years in him? God I hope so as he provides a point of difference for the team.
He leads with and without the ball. Inspirational and i am sure the other forwards have beneffitted from having him around. It shows. Has the gifty and choc mentality which we havnt had in some time, maybe joel thomoson for a bit

His best games coincide with Manlys best games

Wonder what position we would be without him as he has been the main difference in a few games

Lol @ parra

Bozo and ridge had issues but bozo swallowed his pride. Brad Arthur is a decent coach but the Nathan Brown chronicles will be a low light.

Outstanding mongrel

Hard to see how he isnt buy of the year. Brooks and talau have had moments but brownie just keeps turning up engine revving

Not quite a BK, but the pack is playing better for sure

manly al

First Grader
Would have to be right up there as one of the grittiest Manly wins .
Not as if the Dragons just decided to throw in the towel at any stage either and often showed some good scrambling defence so even more credit to the quality of the Manly tries and of course naturally not to understate the pretty outstanding defence under such adversity
As much as the top class game D C E produced , really can not understate the really impressive effort from Lehi Hopa . made a real difference out there .
No question Bully 's best game to date , Simpkin seemed to fit in seamlessly for an initial appearance and the full 80 , Lawton showed what a good individual footy player he can be and Burbo 's versatility really good again . Haumole always a game breaker threat , good game from Brooksey as well
.Can only imagine how difficult it must have been for Waddell to try to persevere out there after his injury and Brown inspirational again
Didn 't really know what to expect after all of the early injury setbacks and the remaining players that saw the match out deserve every accolade for a truly outstanding effort

KaZa

Bencher
I thought DCE had a standard DCE game in the first half... did nothing.. but second half he stepped up. So fair play. Im constantly frustrated with his last tackle options ie kicking in the air... but finally he did something different. He needs to grubber more.. that was brilliant. Credit to him for that 2nd half performance. He got us home.

Bully and Brown were sensational. Thought both just stood up whilst the troops were low. Waddell as well.. he really did look busted the poor fella. Came on to give a few a breather.

Brooks was fantastic in defence and attack. Made an error but made up for it with a try saver. Hoppa was good again. Lawton is not a hooker.. he looks like a back rower for me. Much better there. Impressed with the Simpkin kid too. Quite crisp passing. Want to see him run more but itll come.

Haumole was at his usual best i hate not mentioning him but hes always one of our best.

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
I just worry about Brown’s physical wellbeing, he plays like a man possessed but it has got to hurt. Maybe he could have some 1:1 sessions with Paseka to show him how hard one can run

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I thought DCE had a standard DCE game in the first half... did nothing.. but second half he stepped up. So fair play. Im constantly frustrated with his last tackle options ie kicking in the air... but finally he did something different. He needs to grubber more.. that was brilliant. Credit to him for that 2nd half performance. He got us home.

Bully and Brown were sensational. Thought both just stood up whilst the troops were low. Waddell as well.. he really did look busted the poor fella. Came on to give a few a breather.

Brooks was fantastic in defence and attack. Made an error but made up for it with a try saver. Hoppa was good again. Lawton is not a hooker.. he looks like a back rower for me. Much better there. Impressed with the Simpkin kid too. Quite crisp passing. Want to see him run more but itll come.

Haumole was at his usual best i hate not mentioning him but hes always one of our best.
Couldn't agree more with your analysis of DCE's game. I turned to my mate at the game at half time and basically said the same thing - DCE having an average game (not brilliant) and being outplayed by Hunt. But he well and truly turned that on its head in the second half and led from the front. We need that from him EVERY week, or at least most weeks. Well done to him and the entire team - inspirational win.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I just worry about Brown’s physical wellbeing, he plays like a man possessed but it has got to hurt. Maybe he could have some 1:1 sessions with Paseka to show him how hard one can run
Yep I think Paseka and Hamoule could both take a lesson from him. He's gotta be fuken sore after each game - especially yesterday when he needed to play much bigger minutes. I think he showed why the club invested in him for another 2 years. Hopefully his body can hold up because his mind is certainly willing.

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I love footy!

Photo 2024-06-16, 1 57 40 PM.jpg

Eagle 1

First Grader
I must admit, I'm a little chuffed that our win meant they dropped out of the 8.

They must be due another Friday night game soon......
Yeah, take the Broncs out of there comfort zone (Suncorp fri nights) and they just crumble when under the blowtorch.

Sheikheagle

First Grader
Tipping Member
Anyone remember the game where we were whole bench down and heckenberg taking hitup on one leg? thats what i was reminded of

I remember one against Parradontmatta when Mark Bryant was on one leg. Was a great win.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18