Post-Game Discussion Manly V Dragons [Round 15, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Game Information

Sea Eagles
Vs
Dragons
30 4 Pines Park
16 Jun 2024 14:00
80:00 minute

Match Stats

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Gutsy performance. DCE’s second half was superb. Simpkin, Brown, Bullemore, Jake, Lawton in the second row - huge effort. Garrick is not a centre can’t defend (poor read early should have been a Dragons try but they bombed it) and we were much stronger in defence with Burbo in the centres. Hoppa was excellent. Simpkins service was crisp and made DCE’s job much easier. His defence was great too!

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
How can you ever drop a player like Bullemore?? When Turbo is back straight to centres, bye bye Garrick. Lehi fullback for life.
Garrick’s much better on the wing and he is capable of kicking goals. Talau and Garrick to swap and Turbo to lock??? 🤔

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
Some thoughts;

Not sure why we persisted with Lawton at hooker, he was great on the edge. When he first got here from Warriors he was in 2nd row and was great back then.

Lehi was brilliant again today - what a future he has.

DCE/Hamole superb in 2nd half, Brown was huge as well.

Bull has to be there, how Sipley got ahead of him recently I will never know.

Next weeks team will be interesting given Tent and Sipley (along with Oshay and Lodge) will be out.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Well deserved win, second half was huge, first half…

Amazing what happens if you hold the ball
The greatest wins are wins against all odds
We were down 4 players , The bench was empty , our tank was empty but we ran with the Great Manly spirit of resilience and ran away with the game
That was a deserving top 8 position win led by our for ever young and for ever brilliant captain DCE
I hope we can continue to be consistently courageous
Today we made our Legendary clubs colors proud !

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I thought we were too sideways in the first half but put it down to injuries in the middle rotation; no Aloiai, no Paseka, no Sipley, etc. but still, too sideways.

In the second half, we straightened up. Sure we still used the edges at times (particularly Olakau’atu) but it was often two off the ruck, not long shifts and then we would all push up around the play-the-ball and go again. I haven’t seen us play like that in a long time. In fact, the last time was when Manase Fainu was playing, that’s how long ago it was.

Phobia

Reserve Grader
Full strength

1. Hopoate
2. Saab
3. Turbo (left and roaming centre)
4. Koula (right centre)
5. Garrick
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. TBD - Bullemor if the next few weeks go well for him playing extended minutes
11. Haumole
12. Burbo
13. Jake
14. Simpkin - was fantastic. Could be switched with Croker starting. Both of great quality
15. Bullemor / Aloiai / Waddell / Sipley
16. Lawton (utility value)
17. Brown

Nordburg

First Grader
I thought we were too sideways in the first half but put it down to injuries in the middle rotation; no Aloiai, no Paseka, no Sipley, etc. but still, too sideways.

In the second half, we straightened up. Sure we still used the edges at times (particularly Olakau’atu) but it was often two off the ruck, not long shifts and then we would all push up around the play-the-ball and go again. I haven’t seen us play like that in a long time. In fact, the last time was when Manase Fainu was playing, that’s how long ago it was.
Also had to do with the mobility of Brown and Bullemor in the middle

Phobia

Reserve Grader
Next week looks rough...

1. Hopoate
2. Saab
3. Talau
4. Koula
5. Vaega
6. Brooks
7. Humphreys
8. Bullemor
9. Simpkin
10. Brown
11. Waddell / Condon
12. Burbo
13. Lawton?
14. GCKT
15. Aitasi James
16. Don't even know
17. Caleb Navale?

Ideally Waddell is available, and likely plays as a middle.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Next week looks rough...

1. Hopoate
2. Saab
3. Talau
4. Koula
5. Vaega
6. Brooks
7. Humphreys
8. Bullemor
9. Simpkin
10. Brown
11. Waddell / Condon
12. Burbo
13. Lawton?
14. GCKT
15. Aitasi James
16. Don't even know
17. Caleb Navale?

Parker at 11.

Kalvin

Bencher
Next week looks rough...

1. Hopoate
2. Saab
3. Talau
4. Koula
5. Vaega
6. Brooks
7. Humphreys
8. Bullemor
9. Simpkin
10. Brown
11. Waddell / Condon
12. Burbo
13. Lawton?
14. GCKT
15. Aitasi James
16. Don't even know
17. Caleb Navale?

I posted in another thread... we look in real trouble next week!

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17