Game Day: Manly v Cowboys [Round 3, 2017]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My point is we have been rubbish for over 2 years and the Cows have been at or near the top for that same period. That matters when assessing a teams performance early in the season so it is 100% illogical to judge the Cows for one game, whereas it is 100% logical and appropriate to judge continued poor performances in the first couple of rounds for us, so no, I didn't in any way shape or form intentionally or unintentionally back you up. :rofl:
I would have thought with so many new players and people in front office and back office that it would be like comparing apples to oranges.If you let an employee go and hire a new one do you think that they should be judged untested against the old employee?And if you have 8 employees and 5 are out injured or on holiday and you have 5 temps. filling in for them(even if they are auditioning for a permanent job),do you expect the same performance/production?Is that more logical Ralphie or did you have us pegged for the wooden spoon last week?By the way,I didn't really think you meant to back me up,I am just in a good mood this morning and looking to cause a little mischief....,the sun rose and it was only an apple falling,not the sky.

who compiles the stats ... I reckon there is a few mistakes in there ... I recall K Felt make two tackles .... and Myles smashing him a few times :)

Hey, you could actually hear questions being asked in the presser. How (overdue) much better that is!

Reading game day threads is often hilarious when you log on and find 30 pages of a total emotional roller coaster!

For those of you who don't want to read 30 pages of dribble (mine included) here is a summary:

Pre-game:
We're going to lose. We suck. Every selection is crap. I'm just a realist when I say we're the worst thing in the universe. (ge - we're gunna win.)

Game:

We suck
stupid refs
wait, we got some points
stupid refs
they scored
stupid refs
we make a million mistakes
stupid refs
Hang on...we're winning
stupid refs
everyone is an awesome player
stupid refs

Post game:

We win! I knew it, well done guys, you were awesome and we love everyone
stupid refs
yay
stupid refs
it's only one win though...but I'm not negative just realistic!
stupid refs
yay
stupid refs
yay, tears, booze, happy happy joy joy!
stupid refs

Bed time!
(stupid refs)

Yeh. I think you've just about got it there Global

One other point being overlooked with the media excuses for the Cows missing players. We were on their turf in oppressive 30 deg heat and 90% humidity. They've trained all off season in it we haven't. It was a great effort to outlast ,outplay and out endurance them.

my highlight was the numbers we were getting into tackles. Even in cases where first contact was missed, there was still at least 2 there to complete.
That has a flow on effect, and it rattled the cows, which led to silly errors.

Something we havent seemed to show for a while. That, and a few 'under the pump' players stepping up and really putting in. Keep the tapes of that game in the training program for a month or two.

Interesting. This is the first time I have noticed it. So I guess they must do this at every NRL game, even at Brookie. Or is this one special?
The first time I saw it was in round 1 at Brookie after the game the Manly and Eels' Islanders were praying together in a circle in front of me. Didn't see it against the vermin at Brookie, then saw it again last night.

As @HappilyManly said, it is very moving to witness but also a nice sign of camaraderie...even between enemies :angel:

Top win
Great effort shown in attack and defence...can't ask for more
Played at 100% for each other and your fans

Now do it EVERY week and win, lose or draw all the sausage roll dummies will love you. Well, most anyway ;):clap:@:p

Just watched the replay again. Firstly I have to commend Api on his effort. he was in everything and his passing was fine. Hastings was also excellent when he came on the field and should remain on the bench.

But I have to say the refs, especially the one on the left in the first half, were very disappointing and though they made mistakes against the Cowboys, they made twice that number with Manly. And to make matters worse the third ref calling against the on field ref who was continuing the play, ordering a penalty against Jake, was just disgraceful. He was pinged for stripping the ball, yet the camera showed his hand no where near the ball. I dont like criticising refs ordinarily, because they have a tough job. But sometimes their performances leave me flabbergasted...to use an old Rex Mossop line

I read the courier brail report and I don't know why I bothered
superb effort from our team,from myles through to api,impressed with hastings,turbos were just terrific,dce seemed in control.games like this will probably save TB ,now for the dogs.

Looks like this bunch of muppets and coach have "some" ability/passion,feel sorry for the Cowboys supporters waking up and realising that they are headed for the wooden spoon this year(last week it was us so now it must be them,only logical right?)Long way to go and a long season but a positive step.When your back is to the wall and you are surrounded and only have yourself to rely on you truly find out how hard you really are....by the way @BOZO can you find another replay for me? Cheers,didn't get to see the game,replays are always better when you win.
Here it is Smokin , The full match replay . Enjoy !!!

Last edited:
Here it is Smokin , The full match replay . Enjoy !!!
I am on holidays and haven't been able to watch any games this season except the one you posted. BIG thanks for posting this, delusional feathered friend. Home for Bulldogs game, can't wait!

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8