Manly v Cowboys [Round 26 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The goal must be winning in week one. I'd expect a lot of changes come game day, however imagine being a young debut Manly player and winning the Minor premiership in your first match and against Thurston.

Ok im just going to say it, i cant see us winning this game. Too many injuries and our form has not been great the past month.

torana355 said:
Ok im just going to say it, i cant see us winning this game. Too many injuries and our form has not been great the past month.

Cowboys only just won in golden point against the wooden-spooners on Monday, which was also in Townsville.

I think we can do it.

EDIT: Brent Tate has announced he is retiring, so they'll be looking to play a big game.

Ranger said:
torana355 said:

Cowboys only just won in golden point against the wooden-spooners on Monday, which was also in Townsville.

I think we can do it.

EDIT: Brent Tate has announced he is retiring, so they'll be looking to play a big game.

Don't get me wrong we can win it but we would have to play better then the last month.

Choc just interviewed on FoxSports News (part of the weekly Media Day).

Reporter - "you had been banned from talking up till today, so just one question - what do you want to say?'
Choc - 'No comment!' :p

Then he went on to say 'I have never won a Minor Premiership, so would love to tick that box. And we don't want to be bashed up by playing Souths or Roosters in the first week'' :exclamation:

Also that "Matty Ballin is a tough bugger, so he may make an unexpected return before the season end ' :)

Ranger said:
torana355 said:

I think we can do it.

a 3 or 4 club player retiring just doesn't have the same zing to it though does it, especially seeing he isn't actually playing

Chip and Chase said:
Have a beer for @"Townsville Eagle" those of you making the journey.

Hopefully he can work a bit of magic from afar and get us over the line to the minor premiership.

http://www.silvertails.net/memorial-page/townsville-eagle

very good call.

nice one.

I know it's that time of the year, but we keep on coming up against desperate teams that are playing their GF against us. Parramatta expended so much in beating us that they lost the week after to Canberra. The Bunnies played their GF to beat us and the GC and Panthers played massive games as well.

This weekend we come up against Nth Qld who know if they lose they drop to 7th or 8th and can't win the comp from there or win and probably snatched 4th place and be a real chance. I wish just for once we could get an ordinary garden variety game in the final few weeks of the season.

We need to treat this game similarly. Win and we are a real chance, lose and I think we will go out in straight sets.

Jethro said:
Brissie Kid said:
How is Kane Linnett still playing after that spear tackle he put on last night?

He's been charged with carrying out a 'Grade One Dangerous Throw' which carries a penalty of 125 points (one match suspension plus 25 carryover points) if he fights it or 93 points if he takes the early guilty plea and would be free to play as he currently has no carryover points.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/NewsVideo/Judiciary/tabid/10246/Default.aspx

Funny, news.com.au has him listed as suspended until the qualifying final.

Ralphie said:
I know it's that time of the year, but we keep on coming up against desperate teams that are playing their GF against us. Parramatta expended so much in beating us that they lost the week after to Canberra. The Bunnies played their GF to beat us and the GC and Panthers played massive games as well.

This weekend we come up against Nth Qld who know if they lose they drop to 7th or 8th and can't win the comp from there or win and probably snatched 4th place and be a real chance. I wish just for once we could get an ordinary garden variety game in the final few weeks of the season.

We need to treat this game similarly. Win and we are a real chance, lose and I think we will go out in straight sets.

I tend to agree with this statement
If we win I think we go deep into this years finals series

But lose and I see us getting bundled out in straight sets unfortunately:(

Shoe1 said:
Jethro said:
Brissie Kid said:
How is Kane Linnett still playing after that spear tackle he put on last night?

He's been charged with carrying out a 'Grade One Dangerous Throw' which carries a penalty of 125 points (one match suspension plus 25 carryover points) if he fights it or 93 points if he takes the early guilty plea and would be free to play as he currently has no carryover points.

http://www.nrl.com/TelstraPremiership/NewsVideo/Judiciary/tabid/10246/Default.aspx

Funny, news.com.au has him listed as suspended until the qualifying final.

I guess it's just a case on News Ltd making up their own truths again as usual.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I think that I would believe the Official NRL Judiciary News webpage on NRL.com way before I took any notice of news.com.au

I am sitting here with this strange feeling. I really want us to win and on the basis of past glories I keep on telling myself we can do it, but in the pit of my stomach there is an overriding sense that we will get beaten.

It's not a feeling I care for very much and I suspect it is what souffs fans feel around this time every year.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2