Manly v Cowboys [Round 26 2014]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
HoldenV8 said:
How in hell did we lose the minor premiership when we had a two game break on the competition 5 weeks out from the finals?

Its as if we switched off.

Well mabye we will do a 07/08 reapeat. COme second and win 40 nil.

HoldenV8 said:
How in hell did we lose the minor premiership when we had a two game break on the competition 5 weeks out from the finals?

The same way we were the best team in the comp and suddenly dropped off the cliff and started playing average. Perhaps we peaked to early. Maybe we will come out next week and suddenly play great again. Who knows lol.

Sillybus said:
Just an observation. We look bored. JSL slapping symonds on the back and firing him up after that over the shoulder tackle is the most excited ive seen any of the players this game

You see bored, I see disinterested.

Somehow disinterested is worse.

torana355 said:
HoldenV8 said:

The same way we were the best team in the comp and suddenly dropped off the cliff and started playing average. Perhaps we peaked to early. Maybe we will come out next week and suddenly play great again. Who knows lol.

having to hope for good results from second place is not a good feeling

torana355 said:
So we play the Wabbits on Friday with a shorter turnaround.

What happened to the days were the finals were fixed.

By rights we should be playing saturday, but of course anything to help souffs.

KOMORI said:
43% possession.

35 missed tackles.

8 penalties conceded.

8 handling errors.

You simply can_not_win games giving up stats like that. Sort out the basics.

Nope doesn't matter what you do, with those stats you are indeed screwed!!

KOMORI said:
43% possession.

35 missed tackles.

8 penalties conceded.

8 handling errors.

No tv so listened tonite.
radio 873 just said we made 311 tackles and only missed 12. Good effort, sounds like it was dropped ball (Jorge!) and penalties that got us. (Not attitude)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
KOMORI said:
43% possession.

35 missed tackles.

8 penalties conceded.

8 handling errors.

No tv so listened tonite.
radio 873 just said we made 311 tackles and only missed 12. Good effort, sounds like it was dropped ball (Jorge!) and penalties that got us. (Not attitude)

I took those stats straight off the LiveLeague app... 346 tackles (total) 311 made/35 missed...

Edit: Jorge was preeeeety ordinary tonight, lackadaisical is the best term I've got for his performance...

The bulk of those penalties were conceded on tackle 4/5 too, giving them an excellent leg up...

At half time we were still in the game. The major issue was the amount of ball we turned over and that can improve at any time.

We still have the talent to win this whole thing. We just don't have the team to win with 43% possession.

KOMORI said:
43% possession.

35 missed tackles.

8 penalties conceded.

8 handling errors.

^^^ This. It ain't rocket science. We are not getting done by better talented rosters. We are simply repeating basic mistakes and too many of them week after week. Now, that problem is not a skill one. I'll say it again... It's between the ears. The in-fighting and media stories (true or speculative) are looking pretty relevant to our performance. I really hope we cut out whatever cancer is eating away at us from the inside next year and move on.

simon64 said:
At half time we were still in the game. The major issue was the amount of ball we turned over and that can improve at any time.

We still have the talent to win this whole thing. We just don't have the team to win with 43% possession.

No arguments there. But we've been repeating the same thing for the past 5 weeks. So when exactly are we going to improve the ball we turn over. When a team continues to repeat the same mistake week in and week out that's stupidity.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8