Game Day: Manly v Bulldogs [Round 8, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Honestly, if I saw the players named at 1-7 @ the beginning of the year I would have thought it was the Blacktown Worker's squad and would be struggling in the lower comps. But Des has instilled a great structure and belief in this team that makes me feel that we have a decent chance of taking the 2 points. Our forwards really need to dominate to take the pressure off our inexperienced backline. Go you good things!!!!!

..and congrats to Abbas ....

I believe the call up went something like ... "Mamma Mia" ... I hear your "SOS" ... Dessie . "take a chance on me" .. I'm not just a "dancing Queen" just show me the .. "money money money" .. and let the .. "winner take all" because if you "Gimme gimme gimme" ... I will give the Bulldogs their ... "waterloo" ..

Pss ... apologies to fans of good taste everywhere ...

Surprised you missed, and become an "Eagle"

B0CA12B1-D3C5-4A5F-8179-8DC1C41AFE5D.jpeg

I always pick a new player to be 1st / last try scorer, but I'm frightened to do so with Abbas because the NRL would suspend him for match fixing, I think that is the only thing we have not yet been charged for in the last 18 months?

Honestly, if I saw the players named at 1-7 @ the beginning of the year I would have thought it was the Blacktown Worker's squad and would be struggling in the lower comps. But Des has instilled a great structure and belief in this team that makes me feel that we have a decent chance of taking the 2 points. Our forwards really need to dominate to take the pressure off our inexperienced backline. Go you good things!!!!!

If anyone had suggested at the start of the season that we would be favourites to win this game with ten of our contracted backs out (Turbo, Walker, Jorge, DCE, Anderson, Funa, Cust, Smith, Jnr Hoppa and Hodgo) they would have been shouted down. Shows how far the team has come in just 8 weeks.

I have a feeling that Des is going to have the team very well prepared for this game given what he went through when he left the Dogs. Expecting a good performance

This Blacktown game aint much chop.....though with our injuries probably fair

Haumole does look good

True, what backline wins

Elliott v Turbo
Miski v Taufua
Suli v Walker
Parker v Funa
Garrick v Anderson
Croker v Hodko
Elgey v DCE

Tough for us but I have faith in the boys today

True, what backline wins

Elliott v Turbo
Miski v Taufua
Suli v Walker
Parker v Funa
Garrick v Anderson
Croker v Hodko
Elgey v DCE

Tough for us but I have faith in the boys today

That's not bad on the second lot. But....Hodko at 5/8?

And I might add....Hank Scorpio has definitely earned his spot so far this year so to put an unproven rookie in front of him is a bit of a stretch right now.

Last edited:

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10