Pre-Game Manly V Broncos [Round 11, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

12 13
Suncorp Stadium
17 May 2024 08:05 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI several NSW Cup players (all supplementary/development) now have photos, which I thought was only for Top 30. Any suggestions as to why?

Assuming Lehi Hopoate (who has a photo) is now selectable, my team that won't be picked would be this:

1. Koula
2. Hopoate
3. Talau
4. Ben T
5. Garrick
6. Brooks
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Aloiai
11. Olakau'atu
12. Waddell
13. Jake
14. GCKT (looked better than Lawton imo)
15. Sipley
16. Bullemor
17. Brown

I've liked Bullemor in the middle more than Lodge. But Lodge will get the jersey because of Moses.
Bullemor has been a scapegoat a bit in his time at Manly.Not that it’s good against any team,the Broncos especially,but a lumbering forward is not suited to todays game and Lodge is one and even more so since his return from injury

Where are you getting this information about Lehi Hopoate? His photo doesn't appear here:

The only extra that I can see added is Aitasi James who looks like he has been upgraded from being a 'Development Player' since Schuster's departure.
Was getting it from the NSW cup game. iirc, several of those players who weren't in the Top 30 didn't previously have images. Didn't think to check the Sea Eagles teams, my apologies.

Was getting it from the NSW cup game. iirc, several of those players who weren't in the Top 30 didn't previously have images. Didn't think to check the Sea Eagles teams, my apologies.
I wasn't having a go at you, so there is no need for you to apologise. I was just wondering where you were getting your information from because I thought that I must have missed the info. :)

Are the donkeys really that scary?

Come on boys, harden up, and have some fun hitting these clowns when they have the ball.

Show some of that:

That defence you showed against Penrith.

That line speed you showed against the roosters.

Just Bash em in the middle like you did to the storm last year.

Come on boys, harden up, and have some fun hitting these clowns when they have the ball.

Show some of that:

Too much hard work… much easier to chip over the top on the third tackle in our own half.

Just out of curiosity, what happened to the shared supporter thread between Donkeys, Wahs and us? It kind of disappeared...

Last edited:

Show some of that:

With Ola'akautu back, and Paseka & Aloiai doing a good job in first 20min, we really need a huge improvement from our bench forwards - Lodge and Sipley have been very poor - now back for a few weeks and will need to step the f*ck up!

With Ola'akautu back, and Paseka & Aloiai doing a good job in first 20min, we really need a huge improvement from our bench forwards - Lodge and Sipley have been very poor - now back for a few weeks and will need to step the f*ck up!
Is Brown back this week? Need to target Haas and Carrigan. Bash them both and they don’t have much behind it.

I'm just glad this is going to be the last time we give up our home game to the Gronks in Tragic Round. We have only won 2 from 7 there. Last time they played us at home was in 2014. and we beat the bastards. I'm afraid we are going to get our arsess handed to us again.

Broncos weakness currently is they have a 3rd string halfback, but they have so many brilliant backs that it doesn't matter unless they lose the field position battle. Hence - Manly's strategy is simple - has to be, win the forward battle. We have the players to do that though they'll need to be better than the last couple of games.
This season Manly hit the ground running but may have been flagging a bit lately. All our byes come later in the season, so hopefully that will end up a blessing in disguise.

Where are you getting this information about Lehi Hopoate? His photo doesn't appear here:

The only extra that I can see added is Aitasi James who looks like he has been upgraded from being a 'Development Player' since Schuster's departure.

James is slow, even for NSW Cup. He adds no impact whatsoever and gets dominated against reserve graders

Yeah, once Lodge and Sips come on I have an anxiety attack. It's like all of Paseka and Aloia's good work has all been undone within a couple of sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12