Manly Training

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
My youngest daughter (in the avatar and qualifies as the most enthusiastic Manly supporter ever!) is at a Hockey Camp at Narrabeen starting today. She just sent me the following text!!

Guess what. I am lying in my bed watching the whole Manly squad playing soccer. Beaver watched me do my beep test. It's mad!!!

On a more serious note, has anyone ever done the beep test? I have it on CD but havent done it for a while.

I think my best was 15-5 or something like that. That was a few years ago now though.

It was a joke Andrew. I dont know how young she is. Lighten up. And I would be very surprised if you could get near my nose.

I apolgoise to CW for my comment.

On a more serious note, has anyone ever done the beep test? I have it on CD but havent done it for a while.

I think my best was 15-5 or something like that. That was a few years ago now though.

I hate the beep test- funnily enough the last proper one that I did was at school and it was conducted by beaver when he was doing work experience as a PE teacher (I think it was organised by our PE teacher Steve Knight)....I think my best was round the same as you clon.
I did one recently when I went to the local Aussie Rules training but it was half baked and everyone was cheating!

She is 13, loves the Eagles and followed them through the dark years when all and sundry were following the rorters and dogs.

She did nearly 13 on the beep test and was very happy!!!

i do them somewhat regularly but with about 10 kilos and boots on, usually get 10 or 11 something, had one guy get about 18 but he is now with the SAS

The fitter AFL blokes down here usually get 18's.

I'd be interested to know what the league players get.

Last year they had a list in Big League of the best in each club.

From memory the best score was 15.5 or something.

The on ballers in AFL run kilometres per game whereas in League the big issue is just as much agility, ability to take hits and aerobic as well as anaerobic fitness. Acceleration is also a key.

I had that CD clon. i thought it was some kind of new age trance music

[quote author=Matabele]
If I got to 5 it would be a miracle.

5 is just a walk

i bet if there was a beer at each end you could do it :drunk:

i jsut thought of a great drinking game
[/quote]

yeah early on it's hard to go as slow as the beeps and then as it pushes up towards 10 you start to feel it

I had that CD clon. i thought it was some kind of new age trance music

lol...I actually have a few mixes that aren't all that far removed from the beep test..... 8|

I am surprised that they are training. I would have thought a week away from anything that was even remotely football related would have been the ideal panacea at this stage of the season.

Obvioulsy Ryan has had a word to Des because he was filthy this time last year, when in the middle of a long losing streak Des gave all the players the week off in the bye week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4