Manly Training (Tues Feb 13th)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ChuckWood

Reserve Grader
I was heading home from work on Tuesday afternoon (5.30pm) along Wakehurst Parkway & noticed that a training session involving Manly players was taking place. I called in and watched for approx 30 mins.

This was different to other training sessions I'd seen at Narrabeen before. All players (all grades) were mixed together and were doing various drills/skills under the watchful eye of Des Hasler , Dennis Moore , Don Singe , Noel Cleal & others. There were quiet a few people down there watching the session. I managed to catch the last 1/2 hour of the session and must say I was very impressed with the enthusiasm & team/club spirit that was on display.

Senior players were mixing with youngsters and giving them specific tips and advice. Orford & Burns were giving some younger players some kicking practice & I noticed Brent Kite and Menzies take a few of the younger players aside for some training.
Also saw Monnas , King , Bell , Lyon , Stewart , Hicks , Watmough etc mixing in with the other lower grade players. The lower grade players were enjoying the session.

A good initiative by the manly Club.
Here's hoping this enthusiasm can continue into the season for us long suffering Manly fans.

I hear ya Nutz.

Thats a good intiative from the club.

I reckon King could learn quite alot form the younger boys.

I hear ya Nutz.

Thats a good intiative from the club.

I reckon King could learn quite alot form the younger boys.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

something ive read a few times is that manly is one of the few clubs that mixes first graders with the junior grades - this can only help the young guns build up club loyalty and lead to the next beaver.

something ive read a few times is that manly is one of the few clubs that mixes first graders with the junior grades - this can only help the young guns build up club loyalty and lead to the next beaver.

That's great - but doesn't really make an entertaining game though. Generally that means they get hammered.

[quote author=Fluffy]

That's great - but doesn't really make an entertaining game though. Generally that means they get hammered.
[/quote]

Am I missing something? I am pretty tired but where is game talked about?

Isnt Fluffy saying its good how the 3 grades mix in together instead of the flegg guys not having anything to do with the 1st graders?

No worries, I thought I must have been missing something as I am struggling to concentrate today!!!!

Well I strongly support anything that leads to the next beaver.......

[quote author=Fluffy]

Well I strongly support anything that leads to the next beaver.......
[/quote]

Damn, you beat me to it.. i was scrolling down very quickly to get it in too (no pun intended)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4