Manly to Move to Gosford????

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I submitted my similar question on Friday. My question to you is \"don't the majority shareholders already know the answer to this?\".

Because if it is as I suspect then all the \"huff & puff\" and threatening to take away the bat and ball to Gosford is no more than what most have taken it to be, a bit of grandstanding during an election period to get funds for Brookie.

I will say however that I more than happy for the club and the shareholders to engage whatever tactics they feel are necessary to secure the required funding.

I heard Mayer talking about this on thursday night on 2UE and what Corso says is basically the case. Reading between the lines.

So they think there are no cynics in government?:
There is nothing to worry about. I just got another letter from Tony Abbott and it must be a subject that he knows may affect him. In italics he once again assures us locals that he is working hard to ensure that $10M will be allocated by the government for Brookie. Phew, that was close. :roll: Hope he can convince the funds to flow when he is a shadow minister :blaugh:

The final word on this subject goes to Bob Reilly, the football club chairman. This is an extract from the front page of MSE. You just have to love the power of the minority shareholders.

"When we sold off part of our club in 2004, the football club board worked hard to ensure we, the football club members retained our preference share. This means the Football Club controls where we play our home games. This can not be changed without the members approval, so the talk, of moving is just that - TALK."

[quote author=Matabele]
So they think there are no cynics in government?:
There is nothing to worry about. I just got another letter from Tony Abbott and it must be a subject that he knows may affect him. In italics he once again assures us locals that he is working hard to ensure that $10M will be allocated by the government for Brookie. Phew, that was close. :roll: Hope he can convince the funds to flow when he is a shadow minister :blaugh:

[/quote]MB you have seen through this phoney charade in that Abbott was always going to announce this week that the money was secured.

Manly have got into bed with him - you help us now - we help you. Whether it saves a tired and arrogant Govt is one thing but as a political exercise it is a cynical move - why else did it arise as it did.

Then the papers had better start referring to the Delmege and Penn \"gift\" rather than \"investment\".

In the interviews I have heard/read with Delmege he quite openly spoken that he never expects a financial return on his "investment". He has spoken of pleasure, enjoyment etc but not of a financial return.

I am not sure of what the Penns thoughts are though on their "investment" in Manly are.

Maybe as their forum publicity spokesman you may care to enlighten us mere masses.

In the interviews I have heard/read with Delmege he quite openly spoken that he never expects a financial return on his \"investment\". He has spoken of pleasure, enjoyment etc but not of a financial return.

History is littered with examples where "gifts" become "investments" when relationships sour.

You may or may not be correct. But with only 3 shareholders and the minority shareholder having some extraordinary powers the value of "investment" is significantly reduced.

An investment, in purely financial terms is only worth as much as what it will bring on the open market if that investment is offered for sale. How many potential buyers are there for a 40% share in the Sea Eagles?.

So back to your original point if the "gift" goes sour the "investment" may prove to be a poor financial decision.

At this time in Australia investments in most sporting teams seems to more come more from a philanthropy perspective rather than an income producing ideal.

It would be fantastic for both our club, supporters and its owners if we can change that trend and we become a profit making concern so that returns can be made to the owners.

It would be fantastic for both our club, supporters and its owners if we can change that trend and we become a profit making concern so that returns can be made to the owners.

And this won't be possible without a ground upgrade. :roll:

That reply is so off topic! Not one Manly supporter does not want the ground upgraded. Have you been taking lessons from both Rudd & Howard in that the direct question is never answered or responded to. You are merely deflecting the topic to the bleeding obvious.

I am happy to debate the topic, but lets stick to the direct discussion.

[quote author=Ryan]
Corso, did my comments not warrant the courtesy of a reply?

Beware of an overweight, balding man who is hunking back for a enormous golly!

[/quote]

Central Coast - to a tee.

That reply is so off topic! Not one Manly supporter does not want the ground upgraded. Have you been taking lessons from both Rudd & Howard in that the direct question is never answered or responded to. You are merely deflecting the topic to the bleeding obvious.

I am happy to debate the topic, but lets stick to the direct discussion.

It's not off topic. You just don't want to contemplate what happens if a ground upgrade doesn't happen.

The club's CEO and owners don't have the luxury of burying their heads in the sand.

The only thing that needs to be contemplated is that the fact that the we cannot be relocated unless the members agree to a move.

Do you honestly believe that a majority of members would vote for such a move?

No one has suggested that neither Mayer, Penn or Delmege are ignorant of the condition of the ground, blind freddy knows that. All parties involved should be congratulated on the lobbying and media attention that they have achieved to this date along with Abbotts belated $9m promise.

Is there a vested interest in the major stakeholders allowing the ground to further deteriorate to a point where it no longer meets OH&S standards and the decision to play at Brookie is effectively taken away from members, thereby getting their hands on the $11M NRL carrot to relocate to the Central Coast. You will then be able to count yourself and the other Manly supporters that make the change to supporting the ex Manly team based on the CC without taking off your left shoe!

Pete you realise you are painting a scenario that is quite likely and is simply untenable.

As much as you love the club, the reality is that if the ground is not upgraded, it will die. Period. Simple.

So frankly the golden share "vote", even if valid, is irrelevant. It will kill the club, one way or the other.

What is untenable, me painting a word picture or the club relocating?

Obviously the "golden vote" is useless if Workcover exert their jurisdiction over Brookvale.

It is difficult for me to believe that either of the major shareholders could be that cynical as to intentionally go down the road of the word picture.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4