Manly Team of the Decade

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
1. Hex
2. Satini
3. Green
4. Blair
5. J Hodges
6. Connor McGregor
7. Godinet
8. Soggy
9. D Lui
10. Nate
11. Feleti Potato
13. J Hasson (C)
14. Starling
15. Jese S-L
16. BLeary
17. Big Willie

Coach: Yeh Nah
Realize that some of this is just in mainly [ light hearted ] jest but i certainly would not put quite a few of these guys mentioned here in the downgraded list . Definitely Myles , Feleti maybe Green but thought that most of the rest definitely had a good go and generally gave reasonable accounts of themselves . Thought that ; motor ' Starling was one the better performed i st graders during his time there, Soggy , Lui ,Big Willie and Blair generally did O K . Who was Conner Mc Greggor? Looks like Billy Bainbridge has not been able to manage a comeback , would be out of contention with making the present Manly back row make up but was a good up and coming player until his serious injury issues a few years ago .

My 3 cents worth.....

FB - Brett Stewart

WG - The Wolfman

CE - Jamie Lyon (c)

CE - Steve Matai

WG - Tom Trbojevic

FE - Kieran Foran

HB - Daly Cherry-Evans

PR - Brent Kite

HK - Matt Ballin

PR - AFB

SR - Anthony Watmough

SR - Glenn Stewart

LK - Steve Menzies

BE - Jake Turbo

BE - Joe Gulavaou

BE - Marty Kapow

BE - Trent Hodginson

Notes .... Robbo unlucky to miss out .... deserves to be there .. but people forget just how good the Wolfman was ... Hoppa also unlucky ...

.... Kapow lucky to be there .... makes it because of lack of a strong field at prop .... on second thoughts should probably replace him with Kingy .... he gave a damn ...

If you are picking teams on stats then Chris Heighington is a future immortal ;)

More performance than stats

He has been a mainstay of the side since 2013, has had many more very good years than poor ones, and over a team of the decade the longevity at a decent level outdoes guys who only had a season or 2 imo

My 3 cents worth.....

FB - Brett Stewart

WG - The Wolfman

CE - Jamie Lyon (c)

CE - Steve Matai

WG - Tom Trbojevic

FE - Kieran Foran

HB - Daly Cherry-Evans

PR - Brent Kite

HK - Matt Ballin

PR - AFB

SR - Anthony Watmough

SR - Glenn Stewart

LK - Steve Menzies

BE - Jake Turbo

BE - Joe Gulavaou

BE - Marty Kapow

BE - Trent Hodginson

Notes .... Robbo unlucky to miss out .... deserves to be there .. but people forget just how good the Wolfman was ... Hoppa also unlucky ...

.... Kapow lucky to be there .... makes it because of lack of a strong field at prop .... on second thoughts should probably replace him with Kingy .... he gave a damn ...

Menzies didn't play for Manly this decade :)

If we are doing team of the decade then Taufua is a lock for one of the wings if you look at his record

Really? So you would have Jorge ahead of all but one of either Robbo, Turbo, Wolfman, Hopoate or Uate? Because being serious those would be the six main candidates for the two wing spots.

Last edited:
Think that Robbo would have earned a wing spot not just on performance and consistency but also durability. , Can hardly recall him missing many games at all . Also played quite a few games competently at full back when Snake was unavailable for long stints

Think that Robbo would have earned a wing spot not just on performance and consistency but also durability. , Can hardly recall him missing many games at all . Also played quite a few games competently at full back when Snake was unavailable for long stints

Yeah .. he was a good'un .... but Wolfman, Hoppa and Turbo have all played for NSW and Australia ... Robbo is a sentimental favourite and a very good player, and welcome in any team .... but the others were a slim cut above ....

Yeah .. he was a good'un .... but Wolfman, Hoppa and Turbo have all played for NSW and Australia ... Robbo is a sentimental favourite and a very good player, and welcome in any team .... but the others were a slim cut above ....
Would have to give Turbo top ranking for obvious reasons and i guess that criteria for the others can be a bit subjective then . Not doubting the Wolfman's and even Hoppa "s achievements to rep level but Robbo was never far of rep selection at various times and his consistency and endurance just more valuable for Manly at club level for mine .

Liked your side Woodsie and copied with a few changes mate ....I would have picked Beaver near 1st if he was available....also Orford was close to a bench spot, as he copped a bit, but played some great footy, particularly in 2008.

FB - Brett Stewart

WG - The Wolfman

CE - Jamie Lyon (c)

CE - Steve Matai

WG - Tom Trbojevic

FE - Kieran Foran

HB - Daly Cherry-Evans

PR - Brent Kite

HK - Matt Ballin

PR - AFB

SR - Anthony Watmough

SR - Glenn Stewart

LK - Jake Turbo

BE - Jason King

BE - Joe Gulavaou

BE - Marty Kapow

BE - Will Hopoate

OK @Blake A old mate .... stage 2 of your thread, if you permit .... as a reference, @maxta above names what I would think a pretty representative side .....

In it he names 13 players from our last premiership winning team and only 5 players from our current squad ... (DCE of course in both teams) ....

Q) ... Is this a true evaluation of the difference in quality of the two teams .... or were we blessed with some exceptional generational players in the old squad .... or is our current squad just average ???

Liked your side Woodsie and copied with a few changes mate ....I would have picked Beaver near 1st if he was available....also Orford was close to a bench spot, as he copped a bit, but played some great footy, particularly in 2008.

FB - Brett Stewart

WG - The Wolfman

CE - Jamie Lyon (c)

CE - Steve Matai

WG - Tom Trbojevic

FE - Kieran Foran

HB - Daly Cherry-Evans

PR - Brent Kite

HK - Matt Ballin

PR - AFB

SR - Anthony Watmough

SR - Glenn Stewart

LK - Jake Turbo

BE - Jason King

BE - Joe Gulavaou

BE - Marty Kapow

BE - Will Hopoate

Thanks Max .... the bloke that hasn't had a mention is Dylan Walker .... in retrospect I think I will put him on the bench as my #14 .....

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4