Manly Team of the Decade

Blake A

Reserve Grader
Who makes our team of the decade?
Quite tricky, when a few of our players stopped playing for us early in the decade.
Thoughts?
1 B Stewart
3 Lyon
4 Matai
5 T Trbojevic
6 Foran
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Kite
9 Ballin
10 Taupau
12 G Stewart
13 J Trbojevic

Who makes our team of the decade?
Quite tricky, when a few of our players stopped playing for us early in the decade.
Thoughts?
1 B Stewart
3 Lyon
4 Matai
5 T Trbojevic
6 Foran
7 Cherry-Evans
8 Kite
9 Ballin
10 Taupau
12 G Stewart
13 J Trbojevic
WTF???

11. J Hasson

1. B Stewart
2. WHoppa
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. T Trbojevic
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. Taupau
11. Choc
12. G Stewart
13. J Trbojevic
14. T-Rex
15. AFB
16. Kingy
17. Lawrence or Ferris

He played in the 2011 GF, and jumped ship soon afterwards - just like someone else we know! Michael Robertson would also slot in well, as per the above post.

My 2 cents worth.....

FB - Brett Stewart
WG - Michael Robertson
CE - Jamie Lyon (c)
CE - Steve Matai
WG - Tom Trbojevic
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Brent Kite
HK - Matt Ballin
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Anthony Watmough
SR - Glenn Stewart
LK - Jake Trbojevic

BE - Jamie Buhrer
BE - Jason King
BE - Addin-Fonua-Blake
BE - Brenton Lawrence

Robbo may have left after the 2011 Grand Final win, but would anyone honestly put Jorge or any other winger of the past decade in front of him? In a choice between Robbo, Jorge, Wolfman and Hopoate.....I'd go with Robbo every time.

What about ****test 13 of the last decade..?
1. Hex
2. Satini
3. Green
4. Blair
5. J Hodges
6. Connor McGregor
7. Godinet
8. Soggy
9. D Lui
10. Nate
11. Feleti Potato
13. J Hasson (C)
14. Starling
15. Jese S-L
16. BLeary
17. Big Willie

Coach: Yeh Nah

What about ****test 13 of the last decade..?

Tough question. But if the side didn't include Brayden Wiliame and Jono Wright then its not being serious.

Wiliame may be a decent player these days, but at Manly he was crap. And its shameful that Jono Wright ever got to pull on a Manly jumper and play first grade, even if it was only once.

Tough question. But if the side didn't include Brayden Wiliame and Jono Wright then its not being serious.

Wiliame may be a decent player these days, but at Manly he was crap. And its shameful that Jono Wright ever got to pull on a Manly jumper and play first grade, even if it was only once.
Remember Williame being 0-13 in the NRL. That was impressive.

Remember Williame being 0-13 in the NRL. That was impressive.

And losses 7-13 were in a Manly jumper. Brayden Wiliame played 23 games for Manly.....we won 4 of them.....and 2 of those wins were over Newcastle who were at that stage in the middle of their wooden spoon run.

It even got to the point at one stage where his team mates seemingly lost confidence in him. I clearly remember Round 2 of 2016 at Liechhart. We lost 36-22 that night and there were a number of instances in that game where Jamie Lyon could have put Wiliame into a gap outside of him, yet didn't because he seemed to have lost confidence that any pass to him would have been worth it. Killer didn't have such a great night himself IIRC (Tim Simona played all over him), but given that he also spent most of the night trying to cover up for how bad Wiliame was playing.....

Incidentally, that was actually loss #13 in a row for Wiliame. His next first grade game.....6 weeks later against the Knights, we did win and he actually crossed for a try. He got dropped after the loss to the Tigpies as Snake came back into the side and Turbo got moved to the wing.

Last edited:
Peta Godinet
Jono Wright
Esi Tonga
Nathan Green
Tony Satini
Kane Elgey
Jack Littlejohn
Tyson Andrews
Cameron Cullen
Nate Myles
Billy Bainbridge
Tim Robinson
Blake Leary

Liam Foran
Nick Skinner
TGWH
Liam Knight

I know its all just opinions and each to their own.

But I have to take exception at Tony Williams making a team of the decade.

He had a fantastic 15-18 week run in 2011. Amazing.

But other than that, he was incredibly stupid as a footballer, and left us at the end of 2012 having had an ordinary season riddled with suspension.

The bloke had a bit over half a season worth mentioning.

I know its all just opinions and each to their own.

But I have to take exception at Tony Williams making a team of the decade.

He had a fantastic 15-18 week run in 2011. Amazing.

But other than that, he was incredibly stupid as a footballer, and left us at the end of 2012 having had an ordinary season riddled with suspension.

The bloke had a bit over half a season worth mentioning.

T-Rex had the size and skills to not only be one of the greats at club level in the NRL, but at representative level as well. Yet as you said, other than for about 4 months 8 years ago.....the last decade he has wasted a lot of it with continued laziness.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2