manly supporters at the game today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
congrats to everyone in the south east corner today, the noise you made was great.
i was seated near the manly players tunnel & could hear you all loud & clear throughout the game, including the drum.

Fluffy said:
i reakon jono sleeps with his drum as its the only banging he gets

you can't let me get back to Sydney without some snide comment can you Fluff

Thanks Castle. That was one of our better efforts as a supporters group today. That ground is awesome, acoustics were great.

You might be able to answer a question for us though: where were the Knights supporters group? You can hear them on TV but we couldn't hear them at our end (the drum a little at times but the trumpet never)

castle eagle said:
congrats to everyone in the south east corner today, the noise you made was great.
i was seated near the manly players tunnel & could hear you all loud & clear throughout the game, including the drum.

Yea, was great to see & hear!
I was on the hill and wandered over right by the corner a few times, cheering and chanting Manly with you lot, loved it.

The Manly boys I'm sure, as well as supporters around the ground really like it too.

Jono said:
where were the Knights supporters group? You can hear them on TV but we couldn't hear them at our end (the drum a little at times but the trumpet never)

Good question.
I actually didn't get to check their bay out (Bay 9), which is near some friends of mine, though I'd be surprised if they weren't there in healthy numbers as usual.

From the (southeastern) Manly corner, the Knights fanatics are the same side (eastern) in the Johns grandstand toward the other end, between the 10-20m line. They mainly take up the 1st 10 or 12 rows from the fence.

I was surprised to hardly hear them myself, but heard the "Manly!" chants from the Maroon & White corner each time well!

Yes..... well done to everyone who made the trip. I've never been to the ground but it looks great on TV, perhaps one day. You also made great veiwing after each of the tries.

We ended up way up high in the new western stand, could hear you all from the hill and there was a fair smattering of Manly fans up there near us that were making way more noise than the 1000s of Knight fans.

I couldn't believe the view from up there. You could see every play unfold from anywhere on the field.

It's a really nice stadium, shame we can't get funding like that on the Northern Beaches.

The terrace type area where we were all standing was fantastic, great atmosphere down there in our little corner.

after enjoying listening to all the noise that was made last year in the se corner i decided to join you last night.
me & the wife sat in front of 'spook' with his constant pommy banter.
i laughed as one supporter who i won't name got a bit over excited giving it to the touchie & had to disappear before security arrived.
i could hear bones thank the manly players for stuffing up his multis after the first try was scored(i felt for you mate after reading about the bets you had going).
the bafoon chant, the garden shed, maaaaaaaanly & of course the drum.
if not for the score it would have been a great night, but listening to all of you made it(the teams performance) tolerable.

Hi Castle Eagle. I'm glad we were able to make your night enjoyable. Too bad the players couldn't give us a better performance. However, it was a good trip and look forward to coming up there again hopefully next year

Well just wear your blue and white jersey and you'll fit right in!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6