Manly stars back under-fire Sea Eagles coach Geoff Toovey after club CEO admits job threat

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Smells like a desperate attempt by management to get the players to pull their fingers out to me. If this one doesn't fire some up then there is indeed no hope for this year.

Smells like a desperate attempt by management to get the players to pull their fingers out to me. If this one doesn't fire some up then there is indeed no hope for this year.
You think there still hope?

I'm actually looking forward to tonights game for there will be no more excuses. Penriff are way down on troops and form as we are and there is massive pressure on both teams tonight. Another loss for us and surely some major changes will have to be made. Combinations and positions will have to be dramatically altered if we go down again otherwise by the time we get to our next home game I really fear for how low the home crowd will be.

problem - toovey/foran....

Club wants foran to stay , foran doesnt want toovey...

isnt that a problem , for a bad season !!!

game over

I'm quite sick of this pressure on Tooves. He's been left with rubbish to clean up ever since De$ left.
Is he as good a coach as Ha$ler at this point in his career? I'd say no. He needs more time to prove himself. Ha$ler is an 11 year coach, Tooves is in his fourth year with 3 finals series and one GF appearance to his credit.
The players losing respect over the Gift situation is unfair. The contract situations of our ageing forwards and billion dollar halves was not set up by Tooves. De$ set this up left and left before it all hit the fan.
Two of my all time favourites Snake and Matai have played significant roles in the disgruntled crew. They are still amongst my favourites but above them for me is Tooves.
I remember seeing his the little blond kid carving it up at Brookie in his first game against that pommie team. We've seen Tooves bashed and bleeding lifting the '96 trophy as the Clive Churchill medalist.
The following year we saw him getting his head stomped on in the GF by Adam McF-Stick and getting up so groggy he didn't know where he was but was still putting his body on the line.
I have more respect for Tooves than any of our current players. He got more courage and determination than the lot of them.
He deserves to be treated with respect and dignity by everyone involved in the Sea Eagles.
The sooky, whinging rich boys need to grow a set, pull their fingers out and either start winning or at least try 100%.

^ Great post, Nicci!
The current squad should all be forced to sit down and watch a Geoff Toovey career highlights package on repeat, "Clockwork Orange" style, until they understand just what playing in the Manly jersey requires.

I had to read that about 3 times to get my head around it. I expect better from you GE.:)

lololol@ me

The real embarrassing thing is that I typed it correctly first time....looked at it, then changed it to 'know we now!!'

sheesh! @:blush::confused:

I'm actually looking forward to tonights game for there will be no more excuses. Penriff are way down on troops and form as we are and there is massive pressure on both teams tonight. Another loss for us and surely some major changes will have to be made. Combinations and positions will have to be dramatically altered if we go down again otherwise by the time we get to our next home game I really fear for how low the home crowd will be.

Whilst down on troops ( still) and forgetting that the opposition is in a similar position it will be interesting to see the attitude of the players tonight.

If the Riff score first and we see them with their heads down we could be in for a long night, if we see them with Snake and Foran ( yes Mr Perpetual Motion) revving them up behind the posts then we will know the attitude is in the correct place.

To be honest I expect a loss, would be delighted for a win BUT for me it will all be about the attitude , if it's back I'll be happy.

If however the attitude is not back, and after the first Riff try our heads are hanging down ( and remain down), then surely the tenure of 2V cannot survive for much longer, because if ever a team needed a kick in the arse it was last weeks effort and the owners words about the coach this week.

I guess we will know about 745pm

I like JSL I hope he sticks around and gets better and better.

....and JB

.....And 2v

edit: And know we now why foz is playing so bad. wants a sacked to coach to renege on his deal!
If you could bottle the energy and all round enthusiasm of Jesse Sene-Lefao you would win a lot of games. May not be a superstar but gives a 100% and will develop into a great club man and important link in our clubs future .

, if we see them with Snake and Foran ( yes Mr Perpetual Motion) revving them up behind the posts then we will know the attitude is in the correct place.
Re Foran revving the players up - he has put himself in an awkward position by signing to play elsewhere next year. Now would be hard for him to say, 'come on boys lets stick together', or 'come we are Manly players we never give up'.

I don't see this as his doing (remember the club wanted an early decision on his future too), it's just a terrible side effect of having a key playmaker and on-field general aligned with an enemy team for the future.

Really the only way he can 'rally the troops' for the time being is to lead by example, so I'm hoping he does a better job of that tonight.

Re Foran revving the players up - he has put himself in an awkward position by signing to play elsewhere next year. Now would be hard for him to say, 'come on boys lets stick together', or 'come we are Manly players we never give up'.

I don't see this as his doing (remember the club wanted an early decision on his future too), it's just a terrible side effect of having a key playmaker and on-field general aligned with an enemy team for the future.

Really the only way he can 'rally the troops' for the time being is to lead by example, so I'm hoping he does a better job of that tonight.
I can remember Trent H in 2010 revving up the boys and winning games for us after he had signed with the Dogs. Foran is our highist paid player he needs to do the same.

Penn is chairman. The headline has him at ceo

He owns the joint, so by rights he is Chair, CEO, CFO, COO and anything he wants to be.

The Manly CEO is in name only, and only able to do what the owner wants or what he can convince the owner to agree to.

AS for the Board, well its really just shadow games now. Penn is the board.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8