[Resurrected] Manly sign Michael Robertson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think Robbo scored a try in a GF didn’t he.

Was it in 2008???

Can anyone remember the score from that game or how many tries if any he scored??

I lost count. I think he scored about 12 tries in the 2008 GF. Probably would’ve been more if the other team weren’t cheating. I remember that fullback who talks like a jockey (forgot his name, he’s retired now) was using dirty tactics to try to stop Robbo putting the ball down over the line.

I'm disappointed people.....

All this talk of Robbo and not one mention of his dancing skills :giggle:

In all seriousness though.....damn I wish we had wingers of his caliber these days. He was a great player and very very underrated.
Agree. Anthony Don reminds me a bit of Robbo - just all round solid without any crap. I’d love Don on one of our flanks, that’s for sure!

Robertson was amazing no doubts, but I wonder how many Michael Robertson's turn out versus how many : Michael Bani, Ashley Albert's, Shane Neumann types don't?

The odds are pretty low unless you're a standout in the lower grades like W. Hopoate, Trbojevic and others.

And that's what kind of made Robertson so special. That being said, when you're surrounded by Brett Stewart, Steve Matai, Jamie Lyon, Steven Bell, Matt Orford, David Williams and others, he's attached to some pretty solid talent and depth.

Don't get me wrong , I hope these little known reserve grade players workout. Remember, Robertson had a few first grade games under his belt in Canberra.

I'm just not sure an environment with players like Suli, Parker, Taufua, Elgey and others are as easy a gateway as what Robbo had it back then.

Robertson was amazing no doubts, but I wonder how many Michael Robertson's turn out versus how many : Michael Bani, Ashley Albert's, Shane Neumann types don't?

The odds are pretty low unless you're a standout in the lower grades like W. Hopoate, Trbojevic and others.

And that's what kind of made Robertson so special. That being said, when you're surrounded by Brett Stewart, Steve Matai, Jamie Lyon, Steven Bell, Matt Orford, David Williams and others, he's attached to some pretty solid talent and depth.

Don't get me wrong , I hope these little known reserve grade players workout. Remember, Robertson had a few first grade games under his belt in Canberra.

I'm just not sure an environment with players like Suli, Parker, Taufua, Elgey and others are as easy a gateway as what Robbo had it back then.
The competitive , resilient and winning Environment and culture is made by the coach Ryan .
All our players are in good hands .

IIRC, Michael Bani was more a fullback than a winger, though with Snake in the #1 jumper Des put him on the wing where he scored 5 tries in the first 8 rounds of the 2008 season and looked set to be our full time right winger. He then did his shoulder in a game against Newcastle in Gosford and was out for the season. His replacement the next week was none other than the Wolfman in what was his first grade debut.

Bani, who came from Thursday Island in the Torres Straight, then moved closer to home with the Cowboys in 2009 in a move that saw Ben Farrar come to Manly.

Not many people know but "Robbo" my twin brother was an absolute standout in the lower grades getting top try scorer pretty much every year, He was always gonna make it to the big time. He also won medals in Australian championship athletics in 200m and long jump and also went to nationals for cross country. He was a young kid when he debuted with Raiders at 18. He went straight from our SG ball side to Reserve grade where he scored someting like 10 tries in 10 games before making his debut. He had alot of hammy problems at Raiders before being signed by manly and well we all know how well that worked out for him. He is also best mates with killer and currently working in the match review committee.

Not many people know but "Robbo" my twin brother was an absolute standout in the lower grades getting top try scorer pretty much every year, He was always gonna make it to the big time. He also won medals in Australian championship athletics in 200m and long jump and also went to nationals for cross country. He was a young kid when he debuted with Raiders at 18. He went straight from our SG ball side to Reserve grade where he scored someting like 10 tries in 10 games before making his debut. He had alot of hammy problems at Raiders before being signed by manly and well we all know how well that worked out for him. He is also best mates with killer and currently working in the match review committee.
One of my favourite Manly players Robbo . Ever so consistent , reliable and dependable . A tradesman wingman

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4