[Resurrected] Manly sign Michael Robertson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can someone dig up the thread when we signed an unknown rookie named Fulton from Illawarra. I wonder if he even made a YART.
Here’s one:

I went all the way to the scg and watched our Wollongong imports completely fail against norths. Not cool man!

July 5, 1969 North Sydney defeat Manly 17-7 at the SCG.

North Sydney lifted themselves to within a point of the Top Four (as it was back then for the finals) with a tremendous 17-7 victory over Manly at the SCG in the match of the day.

The Bears, under English coach Roy Francis, were at their enigmatic best against local rivals Manly, who would ultimately miss out on the Grand Final only through a last minute try in the preliminary final.

Manly boasted stars in their pack such as Allan Thomson, Fred Jones and Bill Hamilton (who all played for Australia) but the best forward on the field was Bears’ second rower Warren Chatfield, who repeatedly tore through on the fringe of the rucks.

The small crowd of 16,000 was treated to a high quality game that featured four spectacular tries, all scored by wingers. For Norths, the great Kenny Irvine grabbed a try whilst Babinda speedster George Ambrum (pictured) bagged a brace. Manly’s try went to former Wollongong flyer Danny Gough whose three pointer just before the break reduced Norths’ lead to 7-5.

Teams were: Manly – B Batty, D Gough, J McDonald, A Tennant, L Hanigan, B Fulton (c), D Ward, B Cameron, P Peters, A Thomson, N Pounder, F Jones, B Hamilton (Coach G Hunter)
North Sydney – M Maher, K Irvine, L Toohey, D Cubis, G Ambrum, G Williams, J Fairns, J McDonnell, N Cavanagh, W Chatfield, B Norton, R Warner, L Weier (Coach R Francis)
Referee: K Holman

North Sydney 17 (G Ambrum 2, K Irvine tries N Cavanagh 3 goals G Williams field goal) defeated Manly-Warringah 7 (D Gough try B Batty 2 goals)

Here’s one:

I went all the way to the scg and watched our Wollongong imports completely fail against norths. Not cool man!

July 5, 1969 North Sydney defeat Manly 17-7 at the SCG.

North Sydney lifted themselves to within a point of the Top Four (as it was back then for the finals) with a tremendous 17-7 victory over Manly at the SCG in the match of the day.

The Bears, under English coach Roy Francis, were at their enigmatic best against local rivals Manly, who would ultimately miss out on the Grand Final only through a last minute try in the preliminary final.

Manly boasted stars in their pack such as Allan Thomson, Fred Jones and Bill Hamilton (who all played for Australia) but the best forward on the field was Bears’ second rower Warren Chatfield, who repeatedly tore through on the fringe of the rucks.

The small crowd of 16,000 was treated to a high quality game that featured four spectacular tries, all scored by wingers. For Norths, the great Kenny Irvine grabbed a try whilst Babinda speedster George Ambrum (pictured) bagged a brace. Manly’s try went to former Wollongong flyer Danny Gough whose three pointer just before the break reduced Norths’ lead to 7-5.

Teams were: Manly – B Batty, D Gough, J McDonald, A Tennant, L Hanigan, B Fulton (c), D Ward, B Cameron, P Peters, A Thomson, N Pounder, F Jones, B Hamilton (Coach G Hunter)
North Sydney – M Maher, K Irvine, L Toohey, D Cubis, G Ambrum, G Williams, J Fairns, J McDonnell, N Cavanagh, W Chatfield, B Norton, R Warner, L Weier (Coach R Francis)

North Sydney 17 (G Ambrum 2, K Irvine tries N Cavanagh 3 goals G Williams field goal) defeated Manly-Warringah 7 (D Gough try B Batty 2 goals)
Good read despite the result.
Small crowd of 16,000?
Not by today's standards.

@Sue wins a lot of credit points as a judge of footy players based on this thread, outstanding.

I didn’t post here back then but from memory, back when we signed him I thought Robbo would be merely competent at best, but he turned out several levels above that.

@Sue wins a lot of credit points as a judge of footy players based on this thread, outstanding.

I didn’t post here back then but from memory, back when we signed him I thought Robbo would be merely competent at best, but he turned out several levels above that.
Just goes to show . life is a box of chocolates as they say

Yes mate it's still ringing in my ears . We have him at work every January for the country music festival. I have the pleasure of setting the ole guy up and love his music not.
Mate I see him up there every year for it.
He stays the same place as me.
That's something to remember working with him like that.
Are you in Southgate or a club?

Mate I see him up there every year for it.
He stays the same place as me.
That's something to remember working with him like that.
Are you in Southgate or a club?
Tamworth Shopping World mate . He does a show everyday and has done for 25 years . I do the maintenance there and set up all these character's.

City lights holiday park hey .
Yeah mate. Every year.
Spend most of my time at the Tudor though.
Couldn't remember the name of the shopping centre but I've seen chad there.
I'll say gday next time up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4