Manly set to sign Meehan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we're looking for thugs & jailbirds then we have plenty of local talent....
No thanks - unless there is some proof he has turned his life around.

The bloke had massive massive wraps coming up through the juniors and unlike some think this kid wluld actually live up to the potential. I would gamble on him as he could be a real acquisition and we are really short on young props aside afb. Knight if lives up to his potential looks like a hard running back rower. I really hope meehan afb knight and jake all mature and develop into real success stories for the club
He signed ages ago and has been training with first grade for a while too.

Will this be for this years roster or will it be for next year?

This year if they can get an ok from NRL'

We have applied to have his contract registered before but were rejected on the basis that the NRL required further evidence of Meehans rehabilitation.

History aside we would posses the most potential in the front row of any side with Jake, AFB, Knight and Meehan

Nothing really to lose on this one imo
Now we just need to sign Asofa Solomona and bam the dirt is gone. But seriously that list looks awesome

the thing that annoys me is if we took the high road then some other club would sign him anyway - usually the roosters.

This is a rare opportunity to get one back on them.

If he does stuff up again that would be the end of his NRL career one would think.

Hear, hear Fluffy. They tried to pillage our best for about three years straight. JWH, Tasi, and I know they made a huge play at Buhrer.

Shame we don't have character guys like Kite, Galuvou & others still around to mentor these guys
Pretty sure Brent Kite has spoken about being involved with unsavoury activities as a young man. Might have been footy and finding religion that turned him around? In which case he is Exhibit A for how to turn things around, as he certainly became a champion bloke.

I wonder how much he'll be paid, and what difference he can offer at NRL level that members of our current squad can't?

Who would you drop from our current line up/s to fit Willis in the team, and on what evidence can you base your reasoning?

I'm always happy to be proven wrong when it comes to player acquisitions, but I don't see much sense in this buy, if it is true.

At 6ft 5" 129 kg : he will provide as much or more go forward then any of our current pack : very good ball skills- can offload well and he hits in Defense like a freight train ...At 18 yrs : played NRL for the Roosters ...lots of massive talent.

Last edited:
Solomon Haumono might not end up our best boxball player. I really hope we sign him, he's an amazing talent!

Well, like I said in my original post...happy to be proven wrong, but I'm not going to get carried away. He was a boom player in the Toyota cup. He's played 1 game in the NRL and that was in 2014. That's a long time away from footy, and the NRL is a big step up from Toyota cup.

As an immediate enforcer type on the field that everyone seems to want, I have my doubts. I think he'll struggle with fitness for quite a while. Boxing is much different to footy. I know, I grew up with both. I think he'll end up a Klemmer type.

Lets hope he's turned a corner with his attitude to other peoples rights and their entitlement to go about their daily lives.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6