Manly set for Lottoland jackpot under V'landys 'mini-Bankwest' plan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sensible, so probably too good to be true. However in the current climate its clear anything is possible (both good and bad).

Incredible idea , and who knows but I think shiny new stadiums will be the last thing built post Covid with a lot more “ causes” needing $$$$

I see the "mudia" couldn't resist throwing in a line or two about the so called "asbestos"

Anyway... afaik, there's still the 20 mill from the feds and planning is well underway. So does this mean if it is approved, we scrap those plans and a bigger shinier plan is put forward?

Then the usual problem of the land being some sort of public gift rears its head again. I'm not sure how big of a legal problem that is?

Then some will still want the hill, but that's less of a problem methinks.

Should've been done when covid kicked in and no one was using the ground!

My man-love for PVLs is starting to concern even myself now. What’s gunna happen if he delivers. It’s a bit late for me to swap bats now.:eek:

If it helps..err... re-centre things- there's an article in the SMH saying it was ex ref's Annersley's idea about the one ref.

Annesley, the former referee and current NRL head of football, handed a report to the ARL Commission chairman six weeks ago about returning to the one-referee model.

He then took the idea to Project Apollo, where former Balmain international Wayne Pearce suggested bringing in the six-again rule for ruck infringements.

The article is a piece of speculation.

What’s that old saying, aah yes - ‘A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush’.

Just get on and build the CoE and associated stand. That can readily form the first stage of any further improvements. Apparently work starts in earnest next month. No more mirage-like promises, get cracking in the here and now.

The Football Stadium rebuild has been ineptly handled. John ‘Pork’ Barilaro wants more money diverted to the regions. Don’t give the (otherwise useless) state opposition free kicks.

Meanwhile V’landys could leave anytime - thinking, ‘My job is done, I got the rugba league back on and a new TV deal. So it’s back to horse racing full time’.

Last edited:
The cobwebs are being dusted off plans to rejuvenate Manly's dilapidated Brookvale base into a sparkling 20,000-seater stadium as the Sea Eagles loom as the biggest beneficiary of Peter V'landys' push for up to four "mini-Bankwest Stadiums" to be built in Sydney.

Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys confirmed the club is already sitting on designs for a total revamp of the famous northern beaches ground, which could be the first built under V'landys' suburban dream.

The Australian Rugby League Commission boss confirmed on Monday the code would campaign for three, potentially four, boutique grounds, to be modelled on the $360 million Bankwest Stadium, lauded as the best rugby league viewing experience in the country.

V'landys will meet with the NSW government later this week after Premier Gladys Berejiklian announced on Sunday she had scrapped the $810 million redevelopment of ANZ Stadium in favour of job creation programs.

Rugby league's most powerful administrator wants to divert the money to suburban grounds, which would be razed and rebuilt entirely rather than redeveloped. They would each have a capacity of up to 20,000.

Manly's Lottoland, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium at Kogarah, Campbelltown Stadium and Penrith's home base are in line for overhauls if the ANZ Stadium money can be diverted into multi-use suburban venues.

If we can get little Bankwest Stadiums in four different locations in Sydney, then they become that community's venue
Peter V'landys
"Bankwest Stadium is the best stadium to watch the game," V'landys said. "If we can get little Bankwest Stadiums in four different locations in Sydney, then they become that community's venue. That generates tribalism and it also provides so many uses for that facility.

"Why not knock them over and start them again and build them like a smaller scale version of Bankwest? It will rejuvenate the tribalism in our game and have people wanting to go to the ground. Tribalism is so important for the game. If you have these boutique five-star stadiums like Bankwest you're on a winner."

The sentiment is music to the ears of long-suffering Manly fans, whose ground has been run down and was the subject of an asbestos scare last year before the elimination final against Cronulla.

Excavation planning was underway for the club's new centre of excellence and modern grandstand on the northern hill which prompted the asbestos finding. The project is in the final stages of planning and needs tick off from a state government independent planning panel.

Manly's Lottoland stadium is one of four venues set to be prioritised by the NRL following the NSW government's backdown on the ANZ Stadium rebuild.

But there could be a bigger reward for the club, which has mothballed a larger master plan for the redevelopment of Lottoland pending funding - which now could become available - and approval of the development application.

"We do have what I would call a master plan that would bring a stadium of about 20,000 capacity with all the comfort and convenience a modern stadium can bring," Humphreys said.

Last edited:
If anybody can get it done it's PV, and if it happens it will be an indictment on local leaders such as:
Abbott, Baird, Hazzard and Stokes
who have failed to deliver anything but hollow promises.
These four politicians have, at one time or another, been the most powerful decision-makers in Australia and NSW. Brookie has been "a priority" they parroted.
Yeah, Na!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4