Manly Season Preview

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
This is the preview (on League Unlimited) of Manly's chances this season:

Manly Sea Eagles

Likely Team

1. Brett Stewart
2. Michael Robertson
3. Steven Bell
4. Ashley Alberts
5. Chris Hicks
6. Michael Witt
7. Matt Orford
8. Jason King
9. Michael Monaghan
10. Brent Kite
11. Steve Menzies
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Ben Kennedy

14. Luke Williamson
15. Shane Dunley
16. Mark Bryant
17. Kylie Leuluai

Strengths
The back-row is one of the best going around, with all 3 having represented New South Wales last year. Ben Kennedy was in career best form last year and if he fires again this year Manly will be a thorn in the side of many teams. Picked up some big buys in Matt Orford and Steven Bell and they will add that flare they need in the backline. Michael Monaghan in my view plays better at hooker then he would in the halves, and him being played at hooker would suit the Eagles game more in my view. A great attacking fullback and solid outside backs has the Eagles in good stead for next year.

Weaknesses
I don’t see toomuch strike power in their bench to be honest. Luke Williamson and Shane Dunley are both solid players, but nothing spectacular. The halves/hooker combo is yet to be seen, and the Eagles have proven over the years to be a little ill-disciplined and inconsistent. A better defence work ethic is required as well, as that proved to be one of their down points towards the end of season 2005.

Gains: Matt Orford, Steve Bell, Michael Robertson, George Rose.
Losses: Terry Hill, Chad Randall, Scott Donald, Sam Harris, Jye Mullane, Nathan Hollingsworth.

Verdict
The Sea-Eagles look very strong this year, with that superb back-row and great halfback they could be anything. Brett Stewart is improving with every year he has in the top grade, and could play a Billy Slater type role with Matty Orford. A team that should perform well with the line up they have, question is can they meet their potential?

8th Position

(Review of all clubs at http://www.leagueunlimited.com/article.asp?ID=9600 )

Cheers for digging these up CW.... always good to go back and see what we were all thinking over 23 weeks ago.. certainly been another good year and alot of surprises.. no surprise that laurie daley don't know fark all though

One of the best players to play the game but wouldn't give u 2 bob for his commentary and "expert analysis"

Have we met our potential?

That preview has a few valid points, I'm still worried about our bench though. We have absolutely nothing on the benches that the Storm and Bulldogs possess.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4