Manly season over

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
dont support us when we're winning, complete dummy spit. Do you realise in sport even the best players go in and out of form? With everything thats gone on it would be insane to think we'd be coming 1st and have gelled perfectly as a team.

There's a difference between out of form and not putting in the effort. Snake last night was running at a canter, looked unmotivated and a shadow of his former self. Sorry to say it but I think he has to go.

I think we need to cut Snake some slack. He has been injured most of the year and is out of form. Let's not forget the mental toll the last few days has had on the players that were there last year amid these betting claims. If these claims are proven to be false, which I believe they are, the mental impact on these guys would be significant particularly a guy like snake that has been through this **** before.

Funny ...... i like back on those days quite fondly now. It was the beginning of a new era .... maybe we are there now.

Yep I think it is, the last of the legends will be gone this year ( or next) , and we have some new ones in the making.

2016 has been tough, 2017 will be better and 2018 will be back to normal transmission.

The buying or talking about player transfer on here is ridiculous we had a period 10 years ago when we rebuilt the club after the northern eagles debacle. Then we bought Ben Kennedy who like Myles was at the wrong end of his career but we had Watmough and Stewart in the forwards coming through and Hassler created a good pack of forwards around them. Then we bought Matt Orford, Steve Bell and then Jamie Lyon all these guys were origin players and the purchasing of players like that again is just not going to happen in this day and age. Worse luck for us!!!!!

I actually felt a bit Beagles/early back to Manly days last night. I cheered whole heartedly with the efforts of the team scrambling the two late tries. Thought it showed a lack of ability but a lot of heart from those who made those tries happen.
Part of being a supporter is riding the lows before celebrating a the highs.

Maybe, but boy the Beagles were bad!!

When I look at their squad in 2000, it makes me wonder how they could be as bad as they were.

Geoff Toovey, Steve Menzies, Jason Taylor, Michael Buettner, Owen Cunningham, Daniel Gartner, Jamie Goddard, Nik Kosef, Adam Muir, Mark O'Meley, Matt Orford, Andrew Frew, Albert Torrens, Brendon Reeves.....

Then I remember their coach and it all falls into place. Sharp as a bowling ball. Sure they had injuries (Garts, Cobar Kid), but with PoS in charge its no wonder they finished 9-17 that year.

When I look at their squad in 2000, it makes me wonder how they could be as bad as they were.

Geoff Toovey, Steve Menzies, Jason Taylor, Michael Buettner, Owen Cunningham, Daniel Gartner, Jamie Goddard, Nik Kosef, Adam Muir, Mark O'Meley, Matt Orford, Andrew Frew, Albert Torrens, Brendon Reeves.....

Then I remember their coach and it all falls into place. Sharp as a bowling ball. Sure they had injuries (Garts, Cobar Kid), but with PoS in charge its no wonder they finished 9-17 that year.
So history repeats then.

ahhh the memories, previously erased....yes with Sharp the attack was so flat that we were throwing intercept passes practically every week......and Buettner, always forget his name when discussions of worst ever first grade player come up....

Anyone who knows anything about sport understands the power of the coach. To the point above in 2000 we had a good squad however Peter Sharp couldn't get the best out of them.

Look at other sports - rugby. How bad was Robbie Deans and the turnaround under Michael Cheika. The Socceroos - what Guus Hiddink brought to the team compared to Frank Farina in 2005.

That's why the witch hunt against Tooves was so wrong. His results were good. He wasn't Des but he could coach. He deserved to see out his contract. That is undeniable.

It's early days for Trent however at the moment we look like poorly coached and without structure.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6