Manly Sea Eagles v Bulldogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
So who is going on Friday night and how big do you thin the crowd will be?

Do you think they will throw the gates open like the roosters game of '05?

The reason they threw open the gates in 05 was because the crowd was unexpected to the point of overwhelming. Weather permitting, it should be a sell out.

damn it..........I want the gates open. It iwll be an awesome game to attend. This may well be a record crowd

With reasonable weather it will be a formality for the crowd to exceed 20,000. The Bulldogs fans like nothing better than a Friday Night Game.

I think the club will be prudent and place a limit on the crowd given the Bulldogs supporters reputation. I would not at all be surprised to hear that the game is sold out prior to Friday. The police & security do not need a group of Bulldog fans locked out of the game because they were unable to obtain tix at the gate on Friday night.

yeah there will still be a bunch of them who wont turn up. Though the five or so doggies fans at work are no longer planning to go after losing mason, asotasi and tonga So maybe that might put a dampener on it.

I have 2 thoughts on the matter

1st is the common feeling that after 19K to Souths we should get another 5K for the Dogs

The second being sunday was a perfect afvo to watch footy and it has been a rare occasion this season now that we have the lights so many would have seized the days. Add to this the difficulty of getting to brookie by 7:30 for those who do not work close and you lose some of the crowd.

My feeling it will be just over 20K but not a sellout

What happens if you have passes - I have a six game flexi pass and if they stop me from getting in because I don't have a ticket I would not be very impressed.

Brookie's record crowd was 27 k back in 1992 or three - I was there that day and we stood up on the hill as there were too many to sit down. Horrible game in the end with Parra beating us.

Apparently there have only been about 20 games in Manly's history when there have been more than 20000.

CW - i am sure you can get in with a flexi pass - there would be legal problems otherwise

The record crowd was in 1986

[quote author=Fluffy]
I have 2 thoughts on the matter

1st is the common feeling that after 19K to Souths we should get another 5K for the Dogs

The second being sunday was a perfect afvo to watch footy and it has been a rare occasion this season now that we have the lights so many would have seized the days. Add to this the difficulty of getting to brookie by 7:30 for those who do not work close and you lose some of the crowd.

My feeling it will be just over 20K but not a sellout
[/quote1156162620

Friday should be declared a half day public holiday for Manly fans so that they can all get to the ground in time.

I am going with my flexi pass & will be at the Brookie Pub at 5:30 PM

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4