Manly Sea Eagles to expand Brookvale Oval with new 4000-seat grandstand

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know we all love the hill as part of Brookie. But the reality is that if the ground is ever going to get the upgrades it needs to bring it into this century then the hill is the logical place to put another stand.

We may not like it, but the hill is on borrowed time if Brookvale is to be upgraded.

I know we all love the hill as part of Brookie. But the reality is that if the ground is ever going to get the upgrades it needs to bring it into this century then the hill is the logical place to put another stand.

We may not like it, but the hill is on borrowed time if Brookvale is to be upgraded.
True, whilst the hill may looked great with a packed crowd, it still looks like something out of the last century when only half full, we have to move with the times.

The 2010 orginal design had a 10 meter strip of the Hill left in front of the new stand.
That design would please the families and satisfy the seating requirements. Kids love running around :)

What a joke. No facilities no corporate boxes drops the capacity to 18k or less and that's before killing the hill giving us home ground advantage. There will be 2000 empty seats on most games as who wants to pay 50 bucks to have the sun shine in your eyes. What a great look that will be.

While I'm glad of an upgrade to seating (even though less than we hoped for) surely this will reduce the ground capacity once again?

The hill would have to accommodate roughly 8,000 fans so 4000 in the new stand means we'll struggle to fit 17,000 if sold out.

I'm guessing at the figures but the days of 19,000 at Brookie would be gone unless they can put tiers on the new stand or Jane Try in coming years.

I still feel we'll end up playing a few games per year at the new stadium in Moore Park. To be honest, I'd back taking a few games there. Especially blockbusters against parra, dogs, roosters etc that may draw over 20,000.

As long as we always play at least 6 games at Brookie and we make good bucks at the new stadium, I'll cop it.

While I'm glad of an upgrade to seating (even though less than we hoped for) surely this will reduce the ground capacity once again?

The hill would have to accommodate roughly 8,000 fans so 4000 in the new stand means we'll struggle to fit 17,000 if sold out.

I'm guessing at the figures but the days of 19,000 at Brookie would be gone unless they can put tiers on the new stand or Jane Try in coming years.

I still feel we'll end up playing a few games per year at the new stadium in Moore Park. To be honest, I'd back taking a few games there. Especially blockbusters against parra, dogs, roosters etc that may draw over 20,000.

As long as we always play at least 6 games at Brookie and we make good bucks at the new stadium, I'll cop it.

The new stand is only 60m long. The main hill is 110m long and bigger at one end. So, 4,000 seats in the new stand, we wouldnt lose much room.

They should build the change rooms and corporate/media stuff into this new stand and then later on knock the jane try stand and rebuild it.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6