Manly Sea Eagles take over the Broncos’ Suncorp Stadium as the ‘home team’ on Saturday night

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyArmy

Bencher
WHERE is Brookvale Oval? That’s in Queensland.

Well it will be this Saturday night when the Sea Eagles turn the Broncos’ cherished Suncorp Stadium into their own maroon and white fortress.

Not even Buck the bronco will be there to canter around Suncorp Stadium.

Having shifted a home match to Brisbane as part of an NRL double-header, Manly are playing hardball with the Broncos, who will be made to feel like second-class citizens in their own home.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Brisbane wanted to have their own creature comforts but were denied by the Sea Eagles, who stand to make about $350,000 for the venture north.

Aside from taking over Brisbane’s luxurious home dressing room, Manly will also use the Broncos’ warm-up and recovery areas.

As the venue hirer, Manly also told Brisbane they cannot use their own cheerleaders or have their mascot on the field.

Manly will fly their own cheerleaders and mascots to Brisbane.

Brisbane will be unable to undertake promotional activities on the plazas outside the ground near the Wally Lewis statue.

Suncorp Stadium — with a 52,000 sell-out inside — will be Manly’s home game for 80 minutes.

“We need a home ground advantage so we will take all their glamorous dressing rooms and benefits,” Manly chairman Scott Penn said.

“We’re the ground hirer for the night so we get all the home ground advantages. We need to turn it into our home ground as best we can.

“This is an away game for Brisbane for the night so they need to adhere to the terms.”

There won’t be much sympathy for Brisbane, who have a cushy seven-day turnaround most weeks and play each home game on a Friday night.

Melbourne, the other co-hirers for the night, have also let their feelings be known.

The Storm will play North Queensland in the opening match of the double-header, and have told the Cowboys they can’t hand out Johnathan Thurston face masks to fans before kick-off.

The Sea Eagles will further infiltrate Brisbane by holding a coaching clinic at Brothers Junior Rugby League football club and a fan promotion at Queen Street Mall.

“It’s a great opportunity for us to showcase our talents to our Queensland supporters,” Penn said.

“At a baseline, the match will be worth more than $300,000 plus a share of merchandise. It is certainly of significant benefit to the club.”

Reminded Manly lose money on many matches at outdated Brookvale, Penn said: “The away games we are taking to Brisbane and to Perth (round 19 against New Zealand Warriors) may effectively pay for the losses of the other 10 games we have at Brookie. It should be a sell-out, which is brilliant.

“The boys love playing in that atmosphere and I think having a double-header up there is a great initiative and we’re really looking forward to it.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp... dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)

Well how come we got **** seats again this year ??

When I did it in 2012 ( or 2013) part of the deal David Perry helped me negotiate was that our " home seats" were right behind the players.

Donkey members were very miffed at being turfed out of their seats and some even bought back in after the initial sales period to find themselves stuck amongst 100's of Eagle supporters.

Great night!

So whilst I appreciate some of the comments in that story it's a massive fail for ZtH & co as far as the fans go.

Also for the first time in a long time no post match function!!

We had plenty of decent seats when the members pre-sale was on in the Manly section. From the halfway line to behind the posts in the South Western Area.

When I did it in 2012 ( or 2013) part of the deal David Perry helped me negotiate was that our " home seats" were right behind the players.

Donkey members were very miffed at being turfed out of their seats and some even bought back in after the initial sales period to find themselves stuck amongst 100's of Eagle supporters.

Great night!

So whilst I appreciate some of the comments in that story it's a massive fail for ZtH & co as far as the fans go.

One of the best nights ever. That stupid woman ( broncos fan) arguing with the MWTSE was pricless.

Penn still dribbling the bullsheet loose money at Brookie line...

How inept is he if he cannot make money?

10K season ticket holders = 1000 per game @ over $200 average (200K) + ground sponsors (50K+) + corporate boxes (50K+)

subtract 40K hiring fee for the ground and you have 260K to pay for security, big screen hire, Zorbas pies etc.

Penn still dribbling the bullsheet loose money at Brookie line...

How inept is he if he cannot make money?

10K season ticket holders = 1000 per game @ over $200 average (200K) + ground sponsors (50K+) + corporate boxes (50K+)

subtract 40K hiring fee for the ground and you have 260K to pay for security, big screen hire, Zorbas pies etc.

Yep I could never work out where the "losses " were.

I think it just suits the spin.

Last edited:

Great night!

Yeah, We'll just glaze over the fact that the FANS got shafted into the usual shiit seats reserved for away games. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the players getting the royal treatment and of course the Seabirds are in another class to the Bronco pig snorters, even though you'll need a telescope to see them. You said it. You did it for the money. We need it. Fair enough. But Scotty,don't spin the bull shiit that you've looked after the fans.

Last edited:
“We need a home ground advantage so we will take all their glamorous dressing rooms and benefits,” Manly chairman Scott Penn said.

I think Brookie would have been a bigger advantage than glamorous dressing rooms. Just my opinion though.

I think Brookie would have been a bigger advantage than glamorous dressing rooms. Just my opinion though.
I'd like to think so, but our current record of 1/5 at Brookie and our away record of 3/4 has me almost happy this game isn't at our beloved "fortress".

WHERE is Brookvale Oval? That’s in Queensland.

Well it will be this Saturday night when the Sea Eagles turn the Broncos’ cherished Suncorp Stadium into their own maroon and white fortress.

Not even Buck the bronco will be there to canter around Suncorp Stadium.

Having shifted a home match to Brisbane as part of an NRL double-header, Manly are playing hardball with the Broncos, who will be made to feel like second-class citizens in their own home.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal that Brisbane wanted to have their own creature comforts but were denied by the Sea Eagles, who stand to make about $350,000 for the venture north.

Aside from taking over Brisbane’s luxurious home dressing room, Manly will also use the Broncos’ warm-up and recovery areas.

As the venue hirer, Manly also told Brisbane they cannot use their own cheerleaders or have their mascot on the field.

Manly will fly their own cheerleaders and mascots to Brisbane.

Brisbane will be unable to undertake promotional activities on the plazas outside the ground near the Wally Lewis statue.

Suncorp Stadium — with a 52,000 sell-out inside — will be Manly’s home game for 80 minutes.

“We’re the ground hirer for the night so we get all the home ground advantages. We need to turn it into our home ground as best we can.

“This is an away game for Brisbane for the night so they need to adhere to the terms.”

There won’t be much sympathy for Brisbane, who have a cushy seven-day turnaround most weeks and play each home game on a Friday night.

Melbourne, the other co-hirers for the night, have also let their feelings be known.

The Storm will play North Queensland in the opening match of the double-header, and have told the Cowboys they can’t hand out Johnathan Thurston face masks to fans before kick-off.

The Sea Eagles will further infiltrate Brisbane by holding a coaching clinic at Brothers Junior Rugby League football club and a fan promotion at Queen Street Mall.

“It’s a great opportunity for us to showcase our talents to our Queensland supporters,” Penn said.

“At a baseline, the match will be worth more than $300,000 plus a share of merchandise. It is certainly of significant benefit to the club.”

Reminded Manly lose money on many matches at outdated Brookvale, Penn said: “The away games we are taking to Brisbane and to Perth (round 19 against New Zealand Warriors) may effectively pay for the losses of the other 10 games we have at Brookie. It should be a sell-out, which is brilliant.

“The boys love playing in that atmosphere and I think having a double-header up there is a great initiative and we’re really looking forward to it.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/footy-form/manly-sea-eagles-take-over-the-broncos-suncorp-stadium-as-the-home-team-on-saturday-night/news-story/ddb6a9fd199ec71921a97a53d377ce15?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed: dailytelegraphnrlndm (Daily Telegraph | NRL)
Interesting that their mascot won't be allowed in. I wonder how does Reggie the rabbit always get into opposition grounds? However, he does add a bit to the atmosphere etc when he comes to Brookie and pretends to fight with Igor.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4