Manly Sea Eagles say they’ll shift two games a year to a revamped Allianz Stadium - for $1 million

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Other problem with Brookie is the demographic that can afford to live on the Northern Beaches don't generally follow Rugby League and throwing money at Brookie will ruin the plans for a Dog walking track.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...pays-off-for-sydney-clubs-20140426-zr05p.html

That's right, and soon the revamped Parra Stadium will have 20k seats.
There is also some stipulation about undercover ratio if you google it.

Ultimately its about the set up costs for the Broadcasters.

1300smiles also fails the NRL seats rule, but the TSV Council together with the NRL, is building a new super Stadium south of the CBD

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...m/news-story/567fc883ead415638086005673ba3094
Pirtek has a few hundred more than 20k seated now...1300 Smiles has 25000 seated now.

its all about needing stadiums for future olympic games and soccer world cup bids

Poor old Nick Politis doesnt like the idea of us playing at Allianz stadium ,the home to his beloved Rorters. He has demanded they ( the Rorters )be able to play their free of charge,yes folks,FREE OF CHARGE.Poor Nick, must be running out of brown paper bags

Problem is the time difference. USA especially, but also EU don't want Southern Hemisphere events @:cool:

The pollies will waste a few more years researching the ideal Stadium set up :cool:

Get your point HM but time difference is east/west not north/south.

Get your point HM but time difference is east/west not north/south.
They are east and west of us :)

The hemisphere seasonal difference screws with the athletes' training schedules to boot.@:cool:

The NSW Stadiums plan is just to compete with the Melbourne set up.

Only problem is that Melbourne is a tiny quadrangle and you can walk between the MCG precint to Etihad in 15 minutes @:cool:

Interesting in the Manly Daily today they're saying they'd consider moving the two games they already play away but on the proviso they get the cash ($500k per game) AND ALSO 4 Sunday games at Brookie.

That sounds like a good proposal from the club to me.

Last edited:
Interesting in the Manly Daily today they're saying they'd consider moving the two games they already play away but on the proviso they get the cash ($500k per game) AND ALSO 4 Sunday games at Brookie.

That sounds like a good proposal from the club to me.

But then when are we going to play the Allianz games?

I'd rather the 2 Allianz ones on a Sunday Arvo, and the other 2 at Brookie.

Sea Eagles players speak out against moving Manly games to Allianz Stadium
37 minutes ago
DEAN RITCHIEThe Daily Telegraph

external

origin:video_integrator.xvYndkMjE66p1wyXQx6lgsmCg0sg5oKh

MANLY players have spoken out against the club taking games away from Brookvale Oval to appease the NRL in negotiations for major stadium funding.

The Daily Telegraph revealed last week Sea Eagles management would consider shifting home games to Allianz Stadium for financial compensation of around $500,000 per match.

The players though, are adamant the Brookvale experience is invaluable.

“Personally, I wouldn’t like to see it — I love Brookie,” Manly fullback Brett Stewart said.

“I have scored a lot of tries there but, just for the fans, the kids on the hill on a Sunday arvo, they are memories I will never forget. Be sad to lose all that.”

The NRL is attempting to encourage a number of Sydney clubs, including Manly, to play more matches each season at Sydney’s three major stadiums at Moore Park, Parramatta and Olympic Park.

The State Government wants a 65-game commitment from the NRL before it makes available $1.6 billion to build or refurbish the major venues.

A final decision from the clubs may be reached later this week.

Manly centre Steve Matai let his views be known.

“Our fans love it, we love playing at Brookie,” Matai said. “It is such a unique ground where everybody is close to the field. The atmosphere, you can’t get it anywhere else. We love playing in front of our fans, I’m sure they love seeing us play there. I’d love to stay there at Brookie.”

Asked which major ground he would prefer if Manly was to shift games, Matai said: “It’s like the five-day turnaround, we’ve got no say in it. We’ve just got to turn up and play.”

I now live in QLD so as a gameday experience itprobably doesn't effect me too much, however flying down and getting the ferry to Manly then upto Brookie is my favourite getaway all year.
I like watching games at suburban games on the tv (when Manly is playing) rather than big concrete stadiums.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4