Manly Sea Eagles release 2017 blueprint for top-eight success

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ned

Bencher
Zorba spells out how we will be a force in 2016 here:
http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...r-top-eight-success/f8vyy8vpm2m515efrs0ry46sv

1.Trent Barrett learnt five years of experience in his initial season. He had to work with a side which was riddled with injuries and an ageing player roster. He will be better for the experience;

2. The marriage with Blacktown Workers will provide a much-improved player pool to draw from;

3. The arrival of fresh, young and proven forwards in Shaun Lane, Curtis Sironen and Lloyd Perrett. More times than not, players react well to another opportunity at a new club;

4. Manly have a much better draw in 2017 (five of the first seven games at home);

5. The club has more depth in key positions – particularly the all-important spine of 1, 6, 7 and 9 ;

6. Brookvale Oval needs to become The Fortress again, starting with the opening two games against two strong teams in Parramatta and South Sydney.

My 2 cents:

1) We'll see, hope so.
2) Highly speculative, will believe it when I see it.
3) While good prospects these guys aren't proven, all still trying to prove themselves.
4) Great, but only if point 6 works out...if not we're in trouble.
5) We don't even know who the 9 is yet, Api who can't pass, Lussick fresh from reserve grade or Hastings who's never played 9 in the NRL before either.
6) Would be great but it's going to take more than wishful thinking to make it happen.

We will know if he is correct by round 7

If not he will have to eat his words num num num

Last edited:
Let the good times roll !!!
Bring on 2017 !!!
Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
11206019_918197091571060_8572295032857828773_n.jpg

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...r-top-eight-success/f8vyy8vpm2m515efrs0ry46sv

1.Trent Barrett learnt five years of experience in his initial season. He had to work with a side which was riddled with injuries and an ageing player roster. He will be better for the experience;

2. The marriage with Blacktown Workers will provide a much-improved player pool to draw from;

3. The arrival of fresh, young and proven forwards in Shaun Lane, Curtis Sironen and Lloyd Perrett. More times than not, players react well to another opportunity at a new club;

4. Manly have a much better draw in 2017 (five of the first seven games at home);

5. The club has more depth in key positions – particularly the all-important spine of 1, 6, 7 and 9 ;

6. Brookvale Oval needs to become The Fortress again, starting with the opening two games against two strong teams in Parramatta and South Sydney.

My 2 cents:

1) We'll see, hope so.
3) While good prospects these guys aren't proven, all still trying to prove themselves.
5) We don't even know who the 9 is yet, Api who can't pass, Lussick fresh from reserve grade or Hastings who's never played 9 in the NRL before either.
6) Would be great but it's going to take more than wishful thinking to make it happen.
Great post . Thanks Ned

My 2 cents:

1) We'll see, hope so.
Thanks for that info @Ned

Couldn't resist a dig at fans who aren't happy with the current administration. "Come with us for the ride. It's what being a fair dinkum supporter is all about."

Couldn't resist a dig at fans who aren't happy with the current administration. "Come with us for the ride. It's what being a fair dinkum supporter is all about."

Being critical does not mean the same as being alienated. Being critical is a natural introduction to debate and sharing of ideas. Without that we would be just drones.

Birds of a feather always stick together
We are one but we are many
We are the mighty Sea eagles !!!
604180-sea-eagles-fan.jpg

When did top 8 become equated with success at our club?

True, it isn't and shouldn't be..... but I'm hoping we get in the 8 though because I feel that if we make it everyone can settle down a bit. Hopefully there won't need to be this mad panic to release players and bring in new ones, plus if we don't make it the Head coach and probably other coaching staff will be toast leaving us in a bigger hole than we are in now. If we make it we know we have a good base and can use the cash from the retirement of Snake and Skivvy wisely to build on that base by targeting 2 or 3 top line players rather than the shotgun approach we seem to be using at the moment.

When did top 8 become equated with success at our club?
Here is our top 8 Mad Manly Marcus
1. 1972
2. 1973
3. 1976
4. 1978
5. 1987
6. 1996
7. 2008
8. 2011
And for all the faithful feathered friends, there is more success to come !!!
images19Z1KPOJ.jpg

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8