Manly Sea Eagles I beg of thee. An open letter to the players

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
Dear Sea Eagles NRL team,

Many of you have not been part of this mighty club for as many years as I have supported them. You may not know how luky many of think you are and how we idolise you and what you have done. I am the same age as many of you guys and know there is no way that I could ever do what many of you can do and for that you should be proud.
I am sure many of you grew up as young players idolising a team and fantasizing about one day running on the field in the colours of that team. To run out to the roar of adouring fans and to play your heart out for that team and for the fans that support you.

My dream was to run on the field for the Sea Eagles and wear the jersey that you now get to wear. Instead, I bought mine. I wear it to every game, and i wear it with pride. This year, all of you have done us passionate supporters proud, and you should know that. Now you have earned yourselves another chance to make us proud and to play with the passion that we all expect to come from the majestic maroon and white jersey that each of you wear upon your backs!

When you run out on Sunday afternoon, think back to the players that have worn the number, the jersey that now rests on your back. Think of the greats, think of the blood, the sweat and the tears that those players have shed for this great club, think of what playing for the Sea Eagles meant to them, think about the inspiring things they have done and say to your self, "It means more to me, I can do better, I can be one of the greats of the greatest club, I can do it, for myself, for them, for my family and for the fans that support us day in and day out. I will win this game for them, I will not give up and I will fight for every inch and fight for every tackle. WE WILL WIN" think that, and say it and believe it. Because we believe that of you, and we expect nothing less than that you will try.
If you run onto the traditional battle ground of two of the mightiest clubs and you try with your hearts and show us that this is the Manly we have come to love, then you will have earned our respect and thats all that we can ask.

So on Sunday, on this historic day, the first day in what is a 3rd of many of your lives (7-8 years) show us that this is the Manly of old and give us something to be proud on.

Come on you Might Sea Eagles, lets show parra who we are......

Daniel

We must remember these blokes are illiterate. They're still trying to wade through what I sent them a couple of weeks ago!

Great letter though Dan.

yeah but its aim is not really just to the players, its to the fans, this team are inspired by the fans and fire up when the fans are fired up. Inspire the fans and you inspire the team!

you and i will be shouting from opposite sides of the stadium, I hope you hear me!.

I am in bay 67 on the other side to you I think!. Bay 67 is the sea eagles supporters sections.

I think i need byso to make me a sign

"Hate us, we are manly and we love it!"

arrrghh I am afraid i have overestimated the intelligence of the many at MSE.
http://forum.manlyseaeagles.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44131&whichpage=2

lol worth a try, how about a Manly manly manly! oi oi oi

it wasnt the corny part it was "house of mirrors man" Taylor!

I can quite clearly tell whom the person is behind one of these personnas, its hardly worth it, I have servers to check and reboot and a proposal to finish before I go to bed

Great Post.

That sums up well the level of passion we would see if 17 people off ST (the most passionate of supporters) doned the marroon and white with the level of ability our squad has.

Isn't it great to see all the fans coming together in one big show of support. Its been an up and down season, and we've seen feud after fued but wether we win or lose this weekend I guess its the most exiting time for Manly fans since 1998.

As matabele would say: The Bird has Risen.

Excellent post Dan.

I gave Taylor an attempted serve. Whether he reads it is another story because as I type MSE is under maintenance.

The emergence of MSE #2 is occuring!

Excellent post Dan.

I gave Taylor an attempted serve. Whether he reads it is another story because as I type MSE is under maintenance.

The emergence of MSE #2 is occuring!

lol cheers mate, he didnt bother me, I was typing back at him whilst writing a proposal and programming a page for internal systems at work. I expected that kind of response from MSE.

The title of this thread reminds me of a great song that is very pertinent in the current climate.

Ani DiFranco's "My Country 'tis of thee"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4