Manly Sea Eagles forward Shane Rodney out for rest of NRL season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Manly Sea Eagles forward Shane Rodney out for rest of NRL season

August 24, 2010 .Manly have suffered a setback to their 2010 premiership campaign, with workaholic backrower Shane Rodney ruled out for the remainder of the NRL season.

Rodney injured his knee in the opening minutes of Saturday night's victory over the Warriors and the club confirmed on Tuesday he had injured his anterior cruciate ligament.

"Shane is gone for the season," coach Des Hasler said.

"That is a real shame, he's been one of our strongest and best performers this year."

The Sea Eagles have further injury concerns with backs Ben Farrar and Will Hopoate and star forward Anthony Watmough all facing fitness tests later in the week.

"It's just been one of those years, we've had injuries but we might get a few back," Hasler said.

"We'll look at Ben Farrar and Will Hopoate and the week after we might get a few more back."

The Sea Eagles will face a determined Sydney Roosters outfit after they dropped their third game in a row to the Gold Coast on Monday night.

"A Roosters win last night would've made the puzzle a bit easier," Hasler said.

"We'll look at Ben Farrar and Will Hopoate and the week after we might get a few more back

Who else might we get back ??????

Whare ?
Perry ?
?
?

Anterior cruciate sounds pretty serious, could that also affect his ability next year?

If you had asked me who was the one forward Manly couldn't afford to lose - it would have been close but Rodney was my man. Hideous news for this campaign.

Rodney is an injury waiting to happen. Poor bloke. I wish him the best, and still hope he gets clubman of the year !

Love him ! (In a non-weird way !!)

Not good news at all, injuries have cruelled us this year - it started before we even kicked off round 1

The Wheel link said:
Not good news at all, injuries have cruelled us this year - it started before we even kicked off round 1
No - it happened in the 74 minute in Round 1 - Snake down and gone for the year.

jwaa - ACL's don't heal or repair themselves from what I understand so most likely to need surgery of some sort. If it's ruptured then it would need a full reco, ie where they take a small section of your hamstring out and use that as a new ACL, or some professional athletes have synthetic ones put in... I think one of the Sydney Swans had one done a year or two ago and was playing top level footy again about 90-100 days later..?
Not a good injury to get, but in the case of a reco, they say that after successful surgery that the knee gets back to 100% of what it was before the injury, although full rehab can take anywhere from 3 months to 9 months.

Sad news, Shane has been our most consistant forward all year...had a good long chat with him after the Townsville game, a nice quiet guy as well....told him in my opinion he should get the "Forward of the Year" award (not even sure that exists).

Get better soon Shane

Yep this is bad news indeed. Im still going to remain confident that we can have a crack at the premiership this year though.

L80 link said:
jwaa - ACL's don't heal or repair themselves from what I understand so most likely to need surgery of some sort. If it's ruptured then it would need a full reco, ie where they take a small section of your hamstring out and use that as a new ACL, or some professional athletes have synthetic ones put in... I think one of the Sydney Swans had one done a year or two ago and was playing top level footy again about 90-100 days later..?
Not a good injury to get, but in the case of a reco, they say that after successful surgery that the knee gets back to 100% of what it was before the injury, although full rehab can take anywhere from 3 months to 9 months.

Cheers mate!

Huge shame for Rodney. Terrible way to end such a huge season.

Hopefully the rehab goes smoothly and hes back bigger and better next year

That's a big loss for us.

He's almost been playing like a 3rd prop on the field.

Taking more hitups than our forwards.

Making the occasional break as well with his footwork, will be sorely missed.

Hope Bailey can step up and earn his paycheck for once.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6